General Fan Fiction Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Alruneia
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1497
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:40 pm
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Alruneia » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:08 pm

Kanassa wrote:Okay, since some of the attributes of the Majin 'power up' are a mystery, would it being used on a lower tier being like an earthling, and making them powerful enough to fight on a level a few below a Super Saiyan 2 seem stupid?
That would be far too much of a jump if you ask me. Spopovich wasn't exactly Raditz tier against Videl, he was weaker than her. He just refused to die and wore her out. Majin Vegeta also only caught up to Goku in equal forms, he didn't surpass him.
Current avatar: Shizuka Joestar (Adult)

Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Dragon Ball Ultimate (fanfic) progress: 57 out of 100 chapters complete (Currently doing a partial rewrite, 11/20 chapters done)

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
(I have to get through a bunch of real life stuff before I can finish Chapter 10.)

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5956
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Kanassa » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:16 pm

Alruneia wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Okay, since some of the attributes of the Majin 'power up' are a mystery, would it being used on a lower tier being like an earthling, and making them powerful enough to fight on a level a few below a Super Saiyan 2 seem stupid?
That would be far too much of a jump if you ask me. Spopovich wasn't exactly Raditz tier against Videl, he was weaker than her. He just refused to die and wore her out. Majin Vegeta also only caught up to Goku in equal forms, he didn't surpass him.
I'll just have to pull a reason out of my ass then... Maybe if I reach far enough it'll make sense :D
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Scarz
I Live Here
Posts: 3382
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:05 am
Location: New York

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Scarz » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:48 am

FoolsGil wrote: Bell may not exceed the Saiyans, but if he can only match them in base, that's still really strong. Just a thought, if you move on towards a more serious plot later on, Send Bell after Krillin or Tenshinhan to capture them for experiments and brainwashing maybe?
That sounds like it would be fun!
When it comes to more characters, and make it more silly...what about an HR representative. Ms. Pepper hates her because since the RR is evil, they shouldn't care about how their people feel, but she remembers her predecessor was killed because employee conflict, so she keeps HR around. HR is also attracted to Bell, causing a sticky love triangle.
Next, two seriously incompetent soldiers. They are too low on the totem pole to talk to the Commander, but Bell and them are friends. Think Venture Bros. Henchmen 21 and 24
I definitely like these ideas! Especially for the incompetent duo.

Lastly, a Satyr demon. He haunts Ms. Pepper due to a bet she lost. He's actually a Makaioshin on the level of Beers and would be willing to take care of Goku and Vegeta for Ms. Pepper, but under the condition that Ms. Pepper bears his children. Needless to say, that ain't gonna happen, so like TFS' Alucard from Hellsing Abridged, he pranks and harasses everyone. also leaves fur EVERYWHERE.
I would to get some ideas for the design of this character! This sounds like it would be hysterical! (At least to me it does. XD)

And since I replied so late, here's some context:

[spoiler]Image

From top to bottom:

Bell (Bell-48) - Saiyan/Human hybrid. The only Clone to live longer than a year. He’s considered a failed experiment since his power doesn’t exceed past Goku, Vegeta, or even Gohan’s. Bell has no transformations. He’s loyal and determined to please to make up for his short comings.

Cubeb - The head of the new RR science department. Despite working with RR, he’s a capsule corp. fanboy and a big fan of Dr. Briefs. His experiments always falls short of expectations but he’s the brightest scientist RR has at the moment.

Ms. Pepper (Commander Pepper) - The new leader of the RR Army. Cold and stoic. She’s determined to take over the world, of course. She convinced recruits that saiyans and their half-breeds are dangerous by telling them lies and propaganda. (Ironic since she’s cloning saiyans)

Chow - Pepper’s body guard. Chow used to be a short and scrawny runt until he willingly volunteered to be one of RR (many) experiments. He’s larger and stronger than Bell (but only by a bit). Unfortunately, Chow still has old dog habits that will resurface during battle. (I tried to modeling him off a Corgi)

Mince - The silent RR army solider. What he lacks in strength, he makes up for in strong telekinetic abilities. One of the first human experiments.[/spoiler]

User avatar
Nejishiki
I Live Here
Posts: 2406
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:45 am

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Nejishiki » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:33 am

ekrolo2 wrote:If he gets involved with the RRA, I can see him killing some of them and not having any remorse about it disturbing say Roshi and Bulma. Especially if he kept on doing it after they explain why its wrong.
It was brought up by Bluma before! Goku seemingly ignores what she said.

User avatar
TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here
Posts: 4020
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:17 pm

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:58 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: I'm really interested to see how you unboring Kid Goku and the RRA arc ;)
I only have a rough draft so far, but the RRA is going to be a grand focus for the majority of part 1. They're going to be set up already in the first arc, so imagine a fusion of the first arc and the RRA arc, only Roshi has a bigger role in defeating the big bad of the arc and only a part of the RRA is defeated, setting up Tao Pai Pai and Piccolo for the future.
Any good ideas for Goku? Cause he's really bland without anyone else to bounce off him pre-adulthood.
I don't know about this, Post-Karin Goku is one of my favorite iterations of the character. He considers killing Tao despite him begging for mercy and promising he'll be good, this was just an act but Goku didn't know that at the time. And he also chases after Black and kills him when he tries to run away. He also kills several other less notable characters, that brutal side of Goku is great.

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7804
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:15 am

Nejishiki wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:If he gets involved with the RRA, I can see him killing some of them and not having any remorse about it disturbing say Roshi and Bulma. Especially if he kept on doing it after they explain why its wrong.
It was brought up by Bluma before! Goku seemingly ignores what she said.
But that's like a panel and nothing of it is brought up again by anyone. Making it a recurring issue the others take with Goku would make his kid self a lot more interesting.

Especially since he's a kid and Logan used that element of a child killing people to great effect.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4048
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:46 am

Scarz wrote:
[spoiler]Image

From top to bottom:

Bell (Bell-48) - Saiyan/Human hybrid. The only Clone to live longer than a year. He’s considered a failed experiment since his power doesn’t exceed past Goku, Vegeta, or even Gohan’s. Bell has no transformations. He’s loyal and determined to please to make up for his short comings.

Cubeb - The head of the new RR science department. Despite working with RR, he’s a capsule corp. fanboy and a big fan of Dr. Briefs. His experiments always falls short of expectations but he’s the brightest scientist RR has at the moment.

Ms. Pepper (Commander Pepper) - The new leader of the RR Army. Cold and stoic. She’s determined to take over the world, of course. She convinced recruits that saiyans and their half-breeds are dangerous by telling them lies and propaganda. (Ironic since she’s cloning saiyans)

Chow - Pepper’s body guard. Chow used to be a short and scrawny runt until he willingly volunteered to be one of RR (many) experiments. He’s larger and stronger than Bell (but only by a bit). Unfortunately, Chow still has old dog habits that will resurface during battle. (I tried to modeling him off a Corgi)

Mince - The silent RR army solider. What he lacks in strength, he makes up for in strong telekinetic abilities. One of the first human experiments.[/spoiler]
My favorite thing is that Mince is a mime. That is the best!
Dragonball Exiles Chapter One. Chapter Two In Production.

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7804
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:18 pm

To elaborate on an earlier question, I've hit a snag with adapting stuff like the tournaments and Black arc because I worked with the movie rules for powers, meaning the tournaments can't happen because you'd have everyone around Beerus' power if not stronger. But I also want my remake of F to "count".

So, one proposed idea I had is this: the main timeline is comprised of BoG, Vicious Gods Wrath, Empires End and then the Black arc remake while the unseen timeline, where the cast is weaker, is where stuff like the tournaments happen and things escalate into the Black arc since I intend for Black to come from this era.

This way I can make it all technically count and expand the multiverse. [spoiler]Before Zamasu wipes it all out.[/spoiler]
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10529
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Doctor. » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:19 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:To elaborate on an earlier question, I've hit a snag with adapting stuff like the tournaments and Black arc because I worked with the movie rules for powers, meaning the tournaments can't happen because you'd have everyone around Beerus' power if not stronger. But I also want my remake of F to "count".

So, one proposed idea I had is this: the main timeline is comprised of BoG, Vicious Gods Wrath, Empires End and then the Black arc remake while the unseen timeline, where the cast is weaker, is where stuff like the tournaments happen and things escalate into the Black arc since I intend for Black to come from this era.

This way I can make it all technically count and expand the multiverse. [spoiler]Before Zamasu wipes it all out.[/spoiler]
You can always just make a mini-arc where Beerus finds an opponent that challenges his power and he trains to become stronger.

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7804
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:23 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:To elaborate on an earlier question, I've hit a snag with adapting stuff like the tournaments and Black arc because I worked with the movie rules for powers, meaning the tournaments can't happen because you'd have everyone around Beerus' power if not stronger. But I also want my remake of F to "count".

So, one proposed idea I had is this: the main timeline is comprised of BoG, Vicious Gods Wrath, Empires End and then the Black arc remake while the unseen timeline, where the cast is weaker, is where stuff like the tournaments happen and things escalate into the Black arc since I intend for Black to come from this era.

This way I can make it all technically count and expand the multiverse. [spoiler]Before Zamasu wipes it all out.[/spoiler]
You can always just make a mini-arc where Beerus finds an opponent that challenges his power and he trains to become stronger.
Can't, I made this whole mechanic up where G.O.D.s upper limit is fixed so the attendants can't get overpowered and they can't kill one another if a fight happens to go awry :P
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10529
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Doctor. » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:26 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Can't, I made this whole mechanic up where G.O.D.s upper limit is fixed so the attendants can't get overpowered and they can't kill one another if a fight happens to go awry :P
Well, then you wrote yourself into a corner.

I wouldn't be adamant about using the unseen timeline because it'd be extremely convenient for things work out the same way as our timeline when the Cell arc barely existed and the Boo arc should have gone completely differently.

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7804
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:34 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Can't, I made this whole mechanic up where G.O.D.s upper limit is fixed so the attendants can't get overpowered and they can't kill one another if a fight happens to go awry :P
Well, then you wrote yourself into a corner.

I wouldn't be adamant about using the unseen timeline because it'd be extremely convenient for things work out the same way as our timeline when the Cell arc barely existed and the Boo arc should have gone completely differently.
Some variation of the Cell Games did happen but you're right, I'd have to rewrite a whole crap load of stuff just to get to BoG.

[spoiler]I wouldn't mind the power stuff but as you told me once before, showing off the multiverse and making the audience care about it ahead of Zamasu destroying it all works better.[/spoiler]
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
Gog
I Live Here
Posts: 4099
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:33 am
Location: Dio's World.

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Gog » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:36 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:To elaborate on an earlier question, I've hit a snag with adapting stuff like the tournaments and Black arc because I worked with the movie rules for powers, meaning the tournaments can't happen because you'd have everyone around Beerus' power if not stronger. But I also want my remake of F to "count".
Well it's in easy fix then, you could just simply make Beerus the weakest god of destruction and have the other 11 be light years ahead of him.

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10529
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Doctor. » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:38 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Some variation of the Cell Games did happen but you're right
I know this is what the guidebook says, but I can't believe it. The Cell from that timeline was presumably killed, the Cell from Trunks' timeline was killed by Trunks, our Cell was killed and the Cell from the original timeline was killed by Gohan. There are no other timelines left for a Cell Games to have happened.

You could always write the Time Patrol into it somehow and make it so their time shenanigans creates a split timeline. But I know how much you hate time travel :P You can always nerf Goku and Vegeta or make them unable to use SSB in the tournament (the Gods prohibit it because it's an insult to them or some bullshit), or just write them out. I dunno.

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7804
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:43 pm

Doctor. wrote:You could always write the Time Patrol into it somehow and make it so their time shenanigans creates a split timeline. But I know how much you hate time travel :P You can always nerf Goku and Vegeta or make them unable to use SSB in the tournament (the Gods prohibit it because it's an insult to them or some bullshit), or just write them out. I dunno.
I've actually been thinking of doing some stuff with the Time Patrol or Time Breakers since I intend to use magic instead of the Super DBs to explain how Zamasu takes over Goku's body. The Super DBs have a different origin in my version.
Gog wrote:Well it's in easy fix then, you could just simply make Beerus the weakest god of destruction and have the other 11 be light years ahead of him.
Can't, all G.O.D.s powers are fixed at 10 to the attendants 15, well, their upper ceilings are fixed, they naturally go down if they get tired or hurt.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10529
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Doctor. » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:45 pm

Actually, a fun work-around would be having the universal tournament to limit everyone's power to a set level, making everyone equal. That, as wel as the no-flying rule, would allow for techniques, experience, teamwork and tactics to be much more important.

That's how I'm writing my Hell Games.

User avatar
Gog
I Live Here
Posts: 4099
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:33 am
Location: Dio's World.

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Gog » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:48 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Gog wrote:Well it's in easy fix then, you could just simply make Beerus the weakest god of destruction and have the other 11 be light years ahead of him.
Can't, all G.O.D.s powers are fixed at 10 to the attendants 15, well, their upper ceilings are fixed, they naturally go down if they get tired or hurt.
Well then, perhaps Zeno can bump them up then? Because two mortals like Goku and Vegeta shouldn't even approach the power of the god's of destruction. Or you could simply make it that Goku and Vegeta don't gain SSB for the tournament.

[spoiler]Quick question if you do the tournament of power would Freeza be put in there as he's nearly as strong as Beerus?[/spoiler]

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7804
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:52 pm

Gog wrote:Well then, perhaps Zeno can bump them up then? Because two mortals like Goku and Vegeta shouldn't even approach the power of the god's of destruction. Or you could simply make it that Goku and Vegeta don't gain SSB for the tournament.
[spoiler]Zeno and Grand Priests situation is a bit different here. After destroying six of the previously 18 universes, Grand Priest lures Zeno into the Void of Nothingness and keeps him there where he can't cause further destruction. Breaking him out of there to steal his power is Black's objective for most of that storyline.

And yes, I'm considering to brick Freeza into it to see how his dynamic would work with everybody.[/spoiler]
Gog wrote:[spoiler]Quick question if you do the tournament of power would Freeza be put in there as he's nearly as strong as Beerus?[/spoiler]
Doctor. wrote:Actually, a fun work-around would be having the universal tournament to limit everyone's power to a set level, making everyone equal. That, as wel as the no-flying rule, would allow for techniques, experience, teamwork and tactics to be much more important.

That's how I'm writing my Hell Games.
I did have an idea where all the Gods of Destruction meet up and they talk about how there are too many powerful mortal beings running around for them to handle. A tournament intended for all of them to get weaker and possibly wipe one another out or get weak enough to get picked off by the Gods sounds like a good way to make the tournament happen.

After all, even if Goku & Vegeta are on par with Beerus, if he and the other 11 gang up on them, they're gonna lose for sure.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5956
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:55 pm

Does this sound stupid?[spoiler]For my fanfic I'm ignoring time travel rules established in Super, and only going off of Z's set, while adding my own. To add much more consequence to time travel, I have it that time itself cannot sustain too many excess timelines, so when people keep fucking around with time all willy-nilly and causing more splits, time itself has to find a way to adapt to it. It's natural contingency is to flat out start erasing timelines, starting with the original, so when other splits are caused so quickly between one another time itself is unable to deal with it and.... Well, everything goes pear shaped. Which is why people like the Supreme Kai of Time are needed, to maintain the flow of time and cut off loose ends before they expand into damaging splits.[/spoiler]
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7804
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:57 pm

Kanassa wrote:Does this sound stupid?[spoiler]For my fanfic I'm ignoring time travel rules established in Super, and only going off of Z's set, while adding my own. To add much more consequence to time travel, I have it that time itself cannot sustain too many excess timelines, so when people keep fucking around with time all willy-nilly and causing more splits, time itself has to find a way to adapt to it. It's natural contingency is to flat out start erasing timelines, starting with the original, so when other splits are caused so quickly between one another time itself is unable to deal with it and.... Well, everything goes pear shaped. Which is why people like the Supreme Kai of Time are needed, to maintain the flow of time and cut off loose ends before they expand into damaging splits.[/spoiler]
This makes a lot of sense to me. They talk a big game about alternate timeline's being bad for the universe but it makes sense to me that they'd be damaging to the actual fabric of reality if they started splitting more and more.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Post Reply