General Fan Fiction Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Son Goharotto

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Son Goharotto » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:01 am

Just posting a notice that "What if Raditz went to Earth instead of Kakarrot?" is back from hiatus! Part 74 kicks off the King Piccolo Saga/23rd World Martial Arts Tournament (not a typo) and I think I'll be able to maintain a once-per-week schedule until at least this arc is finished.

Last week's chapter introduced Raditz's daughter! The plan is for the spotlight to be handed off to the next generation by the end of Z, instead of adopting Super's constant "Goku steals the win" formula, but she will probably be the only OC of any significance going forward. I have a pretty good idea of what this character is going to look like grown up, so now I need to draw her at various ages so she stays consistent in my head...

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokitalo » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:31 pm

Here's a fan fiction that I enjoyed a lot when I read it a few years back: Our Great Conscience, by KaviNasiga. It's set 25 years after Goku vanished in Dragon Ball GT, in a time where the people of a now-unified Earth worship Goku and Vegeta's descendants (Trunks, Pan, etc.) as gods, while their human friends have become powerful influencers of global events. It's a darker take on the Dragon Ball gang, as without Goku to morally guide them or keep them in line, they begin exploring or reverting to the less savory parts of their nature. Though unfinished (for now, anyway), the fic is a gripping read, nonetheless.

I read the original version, which was on Blogspot, but the author later posted a revised version on Fanfiction.net, and added some more chapters. I'll include both links so you can compare:

Fanfiction.net revised version
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8762915/1/ ... Conscience

Blogspot original version
http://ourgreatconscience.blogspot.com/

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:21 am

I currently write my own version of Gt on Fan Fiction.net. Check it out, Mad Swami. I hope any who decide to investigate enjoy

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:40 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:21 am I currently write my own version of Gt on Fan Fiction.net. Check it out, Mad Swami. I hope any who decide to investigate enjoy
I did a gt ff too, thats cool

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:19 pm

p-hyvo wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:40 pm
Mad Swami wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:21 am I currently write my own version of Gt on Fan Fiction.net. Check it out, Mad Swami. I hope any who decide to investigate enjoy
oh coll, i'll check it out. If you've read my work so far what do you think?

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:06 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:19 pm
Id have to send It to you, since o didnt upload it anywhere. Plus, i've written It in my language (italian) , and never translated It to english

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:55 pm

p-hyvo wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:06 pm

Id have to send It to you, since o didnt upload it anywhere. Plus, i've written It in my language (italian) , and never translated It to english
Oh ok

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:51 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:55 pm

Oh ok
Thats a shame, id say

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:05 am

p-hyvo wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:51 pm

Oh ok
Thats a shame, id say
Well if you ever translate it then post it I would be really interested in reading it and comparing it to my own version of events

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:22 am

Mad Swami wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:05 am

Oh ok
Thats a shame, id say
Well if you ever translate it then post it I would be really interested in reading it and comparing it to my own version of events
That would really be and huge work. I can shrink It maybe

Black Star dragon ball saga : the group Is Goku, Pan and uub this time. Ledgig joins them After his fight with Goku. Uub takes on rildo this time

Baby saga : baby arrives on earth, dista takes down Goten and trunks, then Vegeta and the final boss Is baby mystic gohan. Goku still unlocks ssj4, piccolo and ledgig makes friends and fuses together to face and beat baby Vegeta and gotenks

S17 ARC : Is set in hell. The Heroes group goes and Is gradually stopped by past enemies, obviously stronger than ever.
Piccolo and ledgig vs ginew tokusentai, Goten and trunks vs freezer, Gohan and Pan vs Cell, Goku/Vegeta/uub vs baby and rildo.
They then get ti the final boss being 17, and Goku beats him thanks to gotenks helping him. The plot line of majuub unlocking a sorte of Kid buu berserk form Is set. Goten and trunks gets ssj2 and 3 respectively

Shadow dragons : everyone gets the right spot and faces a dragon. I dont Remember the match ups, but there are Vegeta vs nuova and Gohan/Pan vs eis, fight in wich Gohan loses his arm due to it being Frozen to Absolute 0. Final plot twist being Goku casually unlocking ssj God and oneshotting omega shenron.

From there on It reconnects ti super

Bog : beerus Feels gokus Power and goes to earth to face him. After that, Goku and vegeta are hired by whis and become their students.

No rof arc, cut to u6 arc
Dont Remember how It goes exactly, but Goku unlocks ssb against hit in oreder to beat him. Also, Goten getst mystic form offscreen .the tournament of Power plotline Is also set by zeno

No black Goku arc, in ita Place i had created an arc wich has as the main villains the demon family from dbh.
The z fighters has to hire 17 in oreder to face One of the demobs(i dont Remember his name lol) Who has the ability to absorb Energy to faint his opponents, also Goku/uub vs demigra and his pupil occurs. The final bosses are mira and towa, Who fuses in the end and are faced by Gogeta.

The tournament of Power Is really different from the Canon One : there's a first fase of 1v1 /team fights to cut out the weakest warriors , then another team round and finally the Battle royale. In the second fase , Goten/Trunks vs kyabe/caulifla/kale and piccolo/ledgig vs saonel/pirina occurs, Kid majuub massacres dyspo and Goku/Vegeta vs aniraza. In the Battle royale we have Goku, Vegeta, Goten, Trunks, hit, frost and jiren from what i Remember. In the end, Goku and vegeta fuses First into Gogeta then into vegeth and finally Beats jiren.

After that, i've set a saga in wich piccolo trains under whis and becomes the God of destruction of u7 in the Place of beerus

Thats all i think

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:21 am

p-hyvo wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:22 am

Thats a shame, id say

Black Star dragon ball saga : the group Is Goku, Pan and uub this time. Ledgig joins them After his fight with Goku. Uub takes on rildo this time

Baby saga : baby arrives on earth, dista takes down Goten and trunks, then Vegeta and the final boss Is baby mystic gohan. Goku still unlocks ssj4, piccolo and ledgig makes friends and fuses together to face and beat baby Vegeta and gotenks

S17 ARC : Is set in hell. The Heroes group goes and Is gradually stopped by past enemies, obviously stronger than ever.
Piccolo and ledgig vs ginew tokusentai, Goten and trunks vs freezer, Gohan and Pan vs Cell, Goku/Vegeta/uub vs baby and rildo.
They then get ti the final boss being 17, and Goku beats him thanks to gotenks helping him. The plot line of majuub unlocking a sorte of Kid buu berserk form Is set. Goten and trunks gets ssj2 and 3 respectively

Shadow dragons : everyone gets the right spot and faces a dragon. I dont Remember the match ups, but there are Vegeta vs nuova and Gohan/Pan vs eis, fight in wich Gohan loses his arm due to it being Frozen to Absolute 0. Final plot twist being Goku casually unlocking ssj God and oneshotting omega shenron.

Bog : beerus Feels gokus Power and goes to earth to face him. After that, Goku and vegeta are hired by whis and become their students.

Dont Remember how It goes exactly, but Goku unlocks ssb against hit in oreder to beat him. Also, Goten getst mystic form offscreen .the tournament of Power plotline Is also set by zeno

No black Goku arc, in ita Place i had created an arc wich has as the main villains the demon family from dbh.
The z fighters has to hire 17 in oreder to face One of the demobs(i dont Remember his name lol) Who has the ability to absorb Energy to faint his opponents, also Goku/uub vs demigra and his pupil occurs. The final bosses are mira and towa, Who fuses in the end and are faced by Gogeta.

The tournament of Power Is really different from the Canon One : there's a first fase of 1v1 /team fights to cut out the weakest warriors , then another team round and finally the Battle royale. In the second fase , Goten/Trunks vs kyabe/caulifla/kale and piccolo/ledgig vs saonel/pirina occurs, Kid majuub massacres dyspo and Goku/Vegeta vs aniraza. In the Battle royale we have Goku, Vegeta, Goten, Trunks, hit, frost and jiren from what i Remember. In the end, Goku and vegeta fuses First into Gogeta then into vegeth and finally Beats jiren.

After that, i've set a saga in wich piccolo trains under whis and becomes the God of destruction of u7 in the Place of beerus

Thats all i think
Oh ok those are some interesting ideas. I have one thing really similar in the fact I plan to give Ledgic a lot more in mine because I liked him a lot conceptually

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:42 am

Mad Swami wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:21 am

Thats all i think
Oh ok those are some interesting ideas. I have one thing really similar in the fact I plan to give Ledgic a lot more in mine because I liked him a lot conceptually
Yeah, ledgig could have been used way Better in gt. And i think that pairing him with piccolo Is perfect

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:06 pm

p-hyvo wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:42 am
Mad Swami wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:21 am

Thats all i think
Yeah, ledgig could have been used way Better in gt. And i think that pairing him with piccolo Is perfect
Well if you ever get a chance to check out my stuff let me know what you think

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:47 pm

Lately I have been wanting to get back at writing after a way too long hiatus because of illness and stuff. One of my many ideas DB-related was to write some type of alternate story when the Cell arc didn't happen and instead it jumps into the Boo one, or in a vastly different Goku Black arc. The thing, even after after figuring out how to propertly write some of the characters (I know I'm not Toriyama and I will never will, but still I feel like most of the time characters like Vegeta sound way off) I'm not too sure on how to handle it. I think that ironically the great amount of posibilities overwhelm me.

So...for whoever feels like answering this, I'm kinda curious about you people's opinion on some stuff.
Sorry if those are dumb questions or if this is not the place to ask this, I just didn't think this deserved a separate thread.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:12 pm

MisteryOne wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:47 pm Sorry if those are dumb questions or if this is not the place to ask this, I just didn't think this deserved a separate thread.
Oh, this is absolutely the place to ask those kinds of questions. Enabling people to ask "minor" questions about fan fiction is part of why I made the thread to begin with. Unfortunately, I'm not able to answer your questions myself, I've got other things to think about at the moment.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:55 pm

Sorry to ask, but I'm not sure where else to go to ask this.
I've been making comics with the use of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2's Photo Mode and taking screenshots, adding dialogues and editing it all into what pretty much becomes some sort of a fan fiction comic.
Obviously it is Dragon Ball related, but with my own flavor, characters and story to it.

Would I be allowed to post it on here? Or a link or something?
Obviously I wouldn't want to flood the page with a bunch of pages from the comic, but I was just wondering cause I'd like to share it! :D

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:29 am

My fanfic if anyone wants to check it out https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13446149/1 ... T-Season-1

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:40 pm

Can you guys try and help me out? I write my own retelling of GT on Fanfiction.com. Should I use Super 17 or add a different villain?

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:10 pm

YuseiFudou wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:55 pm Sorry to ask, but I'm not sure where else to go to ask this.
I've been making comics with the use of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2's Photo Mode and taking screenshots, adding dialogues and editing it all into what pretty much becomes some sort of a fan fiction comic.
Obviously it is Dragon Ball related, but with my own flavor, characters and story to it.

Would I be allowed to post it on here? Or a link or something?
Obviously I wouldn't want to flood the page with a bunch of pages from the comic, but I was just wondering cause I'd like to share it! :D
Perhaps using the spoiler tags around the images? It would keep it from becoming too crowded, and those that want to read them, would be able to.

Son Goharotto

Post by Son Goharotto » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:50 am

Update: "What if Raditz went to Earth instead of Kakarrot?" finished its 23rd World Tournament/King Piccolo Saga with Part 83

I've also started a new what-if series, Red Ribbon Son, the premise of which is "What if Goku was found by the Red Ribbon Army?" I'm taking a lot fewer liberties with this one, which makes it waaaaay easier to write. Who knew? lol