General Fan Fiction Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Kanassa » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:44 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I guess I should've specified for villains. Major or minor. :P
Depends on the villain, I'd prefer sudden for a comedic villain.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:50 pm

I won't say who, but I'm planning on having a very major villain (many of you know them well), and I'm planning on killing them off rather suddenly, granted, along with another character. I just like the idea of the story basically going "Hey, look, this person's doing this and, OH! They're dead."
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:55 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I won't say who, but I'm planning on having a very major villain (many of you know them well), and I'm planning on killing them off rather suddenly, granted, along with another character. I just like the idea of the story basically going "Hey, look, this person's doing this and, OH! They're dead."
Go for it, I'm basically doing the same to Cell :P
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:18 am

I've got a bunch of stuff in my sig if anyone wants to check it out. Nothing too extensive (I don't have time for a long-term project), but the feedback has been pretty good overall. My Freeza and Beerus stories are the most original ones there; the others are written versions of certain events in the series told from certain characters. The Beerus story is also heavily influenced by Marvel: The End, but whatevs :D
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

undertakerlargestfan

Post by undertakerlargestfan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:27 pm

As of right now I am writing a DBS manga treat it as the first arc in DBS or kinda like a dragon ball movie,it's called Dragon Ball Super:Vadar The Ultimate Super Power. I can go on all day about it but instead of telling I would rather show here ya go enjoy http://vadartheultimatesuperpower.blogspot.com/?m=1

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:31 pm

undertakerlargestfan wrote:As of right now I am writing a DBS manga treat it as the first arc in DBS or kinda like a dragon ball movie,it's called Dragon Ball Super:Vadar The Ultimate Super Power. I can go on all day about it but instead of telling I would rather show here ya go enjoy http://vadartheultimatesuperpower.blogspot.com/?m=1
*Cough**Cough*
I only ask for a couple of things:

Don't post your entire work in here, please! If it's large, say over 2000 words, it probably deserves its own thread.
Let's try keeping it to written fan fiction when it comes to showing off your own work. Fan comics are good, but since they're usually large, they probably deserve their own threads. Asking for advice for comics is fine, though!

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:32 pm

Kanassa wrote:
undertakerlargestfan wrote:As of right now I am writing a DBS manga treat it as the first arc in DBS or kinda like a dragon ball movie,it's called Dragon Ball Super:Vadar The Ultimate Super Power. I can go on all day about it but instead of telling I would rather show here ya go enjoy http://vadartheultimatesuperpower.blogspot.com/?m=1
*Cough**Cough*

Don't post your entire work in here, please! If it's large, say over 2000 words, it probably deserves its own thread.
Let's try keeping it to written fan fiction when it comes to showing off your own work. Fan comics are good, but since they're usually large, they probably deserve their own threads. Asking for advice for comics is fine, though!
The idea behind that was to keep this thread mostly free of pictures. What he did was fine.
Retired.

undertakerlargestfan

Post by undertakerlargestfan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:44 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
*Cough**Cough*

The idea behind that was to keep this thread mostly free of pictures. What he did was fine.
Anyways did you read it? What did you think if u did?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:45 pm

A link is text, so I think it's fine. The main idea was to avoid much usage of the img tag. A link plug is all right, it's posting comic pages directly I don't want to see. Doing that would be best in its own thread.

Sorry for being unclear.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:46 pm

I've already scrapped my former plans for such, but I may as well bring it up anyway.
What are your thoughts on Super Earthlings, as in the Earthling equivalent to Super Saiyan (which applies to any other Race as well)?

EDIT (don't quote this part if you're responding to the above):
Alruneia wrote:A link is text, so I think it's fine. The main idea was to avoid much usage of the img tag. A link plug is all right, it's posting comic pages directly I don't want to see. Doing that would be best in its own thread.
How about character designs for fanfics, utilizing the Spoiler tag? Would those be allowed?
MyAnimeList | AniList

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:47 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I've already scrapped my former plans for such, but I may as well bring it up anyway.
What are your thoughts on Super Earthlings, as in the Earthling equivalent to Super Saiyan (which applies to any other Race as well)?
It would be as crazy as Super Saiyan was in the first place, so, go for it.

Kanassa wrote:

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:12 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Alruneia wrote:A link is text, so I think it's fine. The main idea was to avoid much usage of the img tag. A link plug is all right, it's posting comic pages directly I don't want to see. Doing that would be best in its own thread.
How about character designs for fanfics, utilizing the Spoiler tag? Would those be allowed?
If they're not the main focus of the post, you can condense the designs into only a few (2-3) pictures (that or only show off a few), and then spoiler those pictures. That's img tag usage I'm okay with.
If you're specifically asking for design advice/feedback, you can go spoiler-free, because of the "Asking for advice for comics is fine" part of the guideline, but I still ask that you only post a couple of images.

Once again, sorry for being unclear.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

undertakerlargestfan

Post by undertakerlargestfan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:25 pm

Sorry for being unclear.
Sorry for making things complicated. Were you able to check out my manga? Would like to get your opinion on it

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:28 pm

undertakerlargestfan wrote:

Sorry for being unclear.
Sorry for making things complicated. Were you able to check out my manga? Would like to get your opinion on it
I took a quick glance. So far, I think that the drawings could use some work. But I assume that you're pretty young, so you have plenty of time to improve your style.

No matter what, you can say that your drawings are better than mine. Mine look like cave-man paintings.

I may look at the actual story concepts later.
Retired.

undertakerlargestfan

Post by undertakerlargestfan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:30 pm

Thank you my man yeah i'll admit chapter 1 i was inexperienced but chapter 2 and 3 are more visually pleasing. Trust me lol. Anyways i'm writing chapter 4 in full color and it's probably my best work yet honestly.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:33 pm

Either way, keep doing your best. The more you draw, the more you're bound to improve.
Retired.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:53 pm

Alruneia wrote:Once again, sorry for being unclear.
Nah, you were clear enough. I was just curious. :P

General Discussion #4:
Are deus ex excusable when you never see it coming?
MyAnimeList | AniList

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:21 pm

Anime Kitten wrote: General Discussion #4:
Are deus ex excusable when you never see it coming?
Isn't the whole point of it that it's out of nowhere and contrived?

Kanassa wrote:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:24 pm

Kanassa wrote:Isn't the whole point of it that it's out of nowhere and contrived?
Depends. Fusion (which is considered a deus ex on occasion) could easily be seen coming, whereas a new form that instantly crushes the villain may be only slightly hinted at, but never enough to be predicted or even guessed.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:27 pm

Honestly, I'd say it's up to the author's discretion. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Try to objectively put yourself in the shoes of someone who's reading for the first time.
Retired.