General Fan Fiction Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Jackalope89
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 876
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:53 pm

I keep toying around with a Future Trunks crossover fanfic. With DC comics, that is.

Unlike 99% of all other ones with him, he wouldn't be paired off with Supergirl, but with a regular human being (but that would be lower on the list, as romance is not by strong suit). The only issues I run into are;

How old is Trunks when he goes to DC Earth?
What team should he join up with? And there's a LOT of teams.
And, should I bring say, Zamasu or Android 21 (or similar such being) with him to give him an antagonist?

The "how" is easy enough, considering all of the reality warping events that happen in DC Comics. Plus, in DC Comics, there's not only the established 52 universes, but also the Dark Multiverse, Hypertime, and universes beyond the 52 (the 53rd, for example, has sentient Chimps as the Justice League).

User avatar
Son Goharotto
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 9:42 am
Contact:

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Son Goharotto » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:39 am

I guess this is the place, if any, for some shameless self-promotion! One of the first things I ever did on the Internet was post my DBZ fanfiction, a hobby which I had long since fallen out of, but I recently got into watching MasakoX's "What if?" videos and was inspired to do something similar. I'm not comfortable being on camera, so I started writing a new series as a sort of writing exercise, to stay creative.

The premise is simple enough: "What if Raditz went to Earth instead of Kakarrot?" It's not full prose like I used to write; each part is more like a 1-to-2 page outline. Think of them as summaries of manga chapters, because that's literally how I imagine it in my own head. If that sounds at all interesting, you can read it in chronological order on my Tumblr here. I also post it to my DeviantArt gallery, if you prefer that format. =)

User avatar
TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:55 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by TheGodfather93 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:20 am

Been a while since I posted here as I've been going through a lot of shit for the past five or so months.

How's everyone doing? I hope your writing's been going well.

My DBZ x MHA crossover’s gotten popular enough to the point that there’s no conceivable way to please everyone… and the people who are displeased will definitely let their displeasure be known.

Some people want Gohan to be a stoic, hardass Vegeta clone, and typical Saiyan battle junkie, who doesn’t show any emotions other than rage and “badassery”. They want the story to have no tension whatsoever, and have Gohan be this uber godlike being who oneshots every single villain and has a harem with every attractive female he comes across.

Others want Gohan to be the exact same way he is in canon, which wouldn’t make sense by any means given his circumstances in my crossover. To briefly summarise, he’s been separated from his family for over six years with no knowledge of how to go back to them, lives alone in a crummy apartment in the bad part of the city, spent his childhood at a crappy school full of delinquents and with teachers who didn’t care about their job, and is a one-of-a-kind force of nature whose very existence screws up the natural order of the world he now inhabits.

Taking all that into account, it wouldn’t make any sense to have him be the same happy-go-lucky dork he was in the Boo arc. He’s still the same goofy dork at heart, and retains his awkwardness and naivety (to a degree), but his personality has also been shaped by his new surroundings, giving him a kind of edge that wasn’t present in the canon story.

I tried to inject a certain realism into my story, especially in regards to characters’ emotions, that isn’t explored in DBZ because it’s mostly about fighting. So, naturally, there are people who say my version of Gohan is a “pussy” for allowing himself to be affected by his circumstances, and showing realistic emotions that anyone in his situation would exhibit.

Fortunately, the overall reception to my crossover has been overwhelmingly positive, and most people love that I'm taking the time to show the more human aspect of the story instead of just the balls to the wall action that DBZ is known for.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

User avatar
Jackalope89
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 876
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:48 pm

TheGodfather93 wrote:Been a while since I posted here as I've been going through a lot of shit for the past five or so months.

How's everyone doing? I hope your writing's been going well.

My DBZ x MHA crossover’s gotten popular enough to the point that there’s no conceivable way to please everyone… and the people who are displeased will definitely let their displeasure be known.

Some people want Gohan to be a stoic, hardass Vegeta clone, and typical Saiyan battle junkie, who doesn’t show any emotions other than rage and “badassery”. They want the story to have no tension whatsoever, and have Gohan be this uber godlike being who oneshots every single villain and has a harem with every attractive female he comes across.

Others want Gohan to be the exact same way he is in canon, which wouldn’t make sense by any means given his circumstances in my crossover. To briefly summarise, he’s been separated from his family for over six years with no knowledge of how to go back to them, lives alone in a crummy apartment in the bad part of the city, spent his childhood at a crappy school full of delinquents and with teachers who didn’t care about their job, and is a one-of-a-kind force of nature whose very existence screws up the natural order of the world he now inhabits.

Taking all that into account, it wouldn’t make any sense to have him be the same happy-go-lucky dork he was in the Boo arc. He’s still the same goofy dork at heart, and retains his awkwardness and naivety (to a degree), but his personality has also been shaped by his new surroundings, giving him a kind of edge that wasn’t present in the canon story.

I tried to inject a certain realism into my story, especially in regards to characters’ emotions, that isn’t explored in DBZ because it’s mostly about fighting. So, naturally, there are people who say my version of Gohan is a “pussy” for allowing himself to be affected by his circumstances, and showing realistic emotions that anyone in his situation would exhibit.

Fortunately, the overall reception to my crossover has been overwhelmingly positive, and most people love that I'm taking the time to show the more human aspect of the story instead of just the balls to the wall action that DBZ is known for.
Yeah, I would ignore the ones who want Gohan to be Vegete-lite. That's just not him at all.

And though slightly disappointed Gohan isn't full on Great Saiyaman level of dork, I can live with it and see where you come from with it.

User avatar
Alruneia
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1506
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:40 pm
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Alruneia » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:38 pm

TheGodfather93 wrote:Been a while since I posted here as I've been going through a lot of shit for the past five or so months.

How's everyone doing? I hope your writing's been going well.
I guess the thread did go a bit dormant, huh. I imagine people are probably just busy or have nothing to report/ask about.
Personally I've been focusing on my JoJo fanfic until recently, when I hit a bit of a creative wall. I switched over and rewrote three chapters of my Dragon Ball fanfic, though (and by rewrite, I mean... well, the old version and the new version are about as similar as the manga ToP and the anime ToP are), so at least that's something.
My DBZ x MHA crossover’s gotten popular enough to the point that there’s no conceivable way to please everyone… and the people who are displeased will definitely let their displeasure be known.
That sounds about right. Trying to please everyone inevitably leads to pleasing no one, so I'd say just ignore them. It can't be helped.
Current avatar: Shizuka Joestar (Adult)

Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Dragon Ball Ultimate (fanfic) progress: 57 out of 100 chapters complete (Currently doing a partial rewrite, 11/20 chapters done)

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
(I have to get through a bunch of real life stuff before I can finish Chapter 10.)

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7811
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:41 am

I've been off Kanz in general nowadays so there's my reason for being off the thread. As for what I'm writing now? I'm doing a rewrite of Super Broly. Removing the Minus stuff, tightening up the structure and expanding on certain characters I didn't feel were that executed well in the movie as is.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:55 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by TheGodfather93 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:45 am

ekrolo2 wrote:I've been off Kanz in general nowadays so there's my reason for being off the thread. As for what I'm writing now? I'm doing a rewrite of Super Broly. Removing the Minus stuff, tightening up the structure and expanding on certain characters I didn't feel were that executed well in the movie as is.
After the RoF movie was released, I wanted to do a short parody rewrite of it depicting a more realistic version of events, in my opinion at least. I thought it made no sense how Freeza could go from Namek SSJ level to being stronger than SSJB in four months, so I would've had him get creamed when he showed up on Earth. Also thought it was a bit contrived that his goons could gather the Dragon Balls, make a wish, then get away from Earth without being noticed.

It's been years since I had this idea though, and I've long since lost interest in it. Got more interesting things to write.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

User avatar
Son Goharotto
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 9:42 am
Contact:

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Son Goharotto » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:04 pm

Took a detour from my regular What If series (which is up to Part 65 btw) to write a one-shot:

Back To Z Future, a.k.a. "What if the wrong Trunks went back in time?"

#ShamelessSelfPromotion

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4057
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:30 pm

Son Goharotto wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:04 pm
Took a detour from my regular What If series (which is up to Part 65 btw) to write a one-shot:

Back To Z Future, a.k.a. "What if the wrong Trunks went back in time?"

#ShamelessSelfPromotion
What is your main what-if about?
Dragonball Exiles Chapter One. Chapter Two In Production.

User avatar
Son Goharotto
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 9:42 am
Contact:

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Son Goharotto » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:05 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:30 pm
Son Goharotto wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:04 pm
Took a detour from my regular What If series (which is up to Part 65 btw) to write a one-shot:

Back To Z Future, a.k.a. "What if the wrong Trunks went back in time?"

#ShamelessSelfPromotion
What is your main what-if about?
"What if Raditz went to Earth instead of Kakarrot?"

It's inspired in equal parts by MasakoX's "What if Raditz turned good?" YT series and Dragon Garow Lee's Dragon Ball Sai: Super Vegeta Den fan manga. It's written more like an outline than full prose, but that means I'm getting deeper into it than any past fanfic of mine. The main point of interest for me is that I'm working in elements from the movies.

If that sounds at all interesting to you, there are two places you can read it, depending upon your preferred format: in my DeviantArt gallery here, or my Tumlr, with all related posts in chronological order here.

User avatar
SuperSaiyanPan
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:54 am

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by SuperSaiyanPan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:45 am

Does anyone in here have experience with long stories? When I say long I mean fucking long.

A tiny back story, as a big fan of the Dragon Ball series I finally decided to make my own story. So on 10/22/2017 I finally began.

The theme is my OC is the son of Broly and has a love interest in Pan (Don't flip out, she and I are set at sixteen here.) It's heavy on the Slice of Life but with all the bells and whistles of DBZ. So, I didn't even get a story board or what not I just went and before I knew it I hit 273 pages.

Then comes one of my best friends who I coincidentally met on Xenoverse 1. Turns out, she's big on writing too and has her own Namekian OC. So we include him and a few others including Bra and Marron in one big story on Google Docs and communicate via color coded text now.

Fast forward to today and we now have:

672 pages all single spaced with a whopping 292,206 word count. Which is longer and has more words than the Dragon Ball Z, Vol. 1 (VIZBIG Edition).

How can I keep this fresh? Being that this is my story I have complete control and canon is non issue. It's getting harder to come up with things, mainly I've been using ideas from the shows and movies, while coming up with some new ideas of our own.

How do you all draw your inspiration? What makes the stories stand out instead of put people to sleep.

Vertical
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:58 pm
Contact:

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Vertical » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:32 pm

SuperSaiyanPan wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:45 am
How can I keep this fresh? Being that this is my story I have complete control and canon is non issue. It's getting harder to come up with things, mainly I've been using ideas from the shows and movies, while coming up with some new ideas of our own.

How do you all draw your inspiration? What makes the stories stand out instead of put people to sleep.
Well, before addressing your problem, we need to clarify: Is the story actually one long story, or is it a collection of smaller stories? Could you divide it into smaller arcs? Do you have a long-term story idea?

Also, do you want to tell an enclosed story... basically, do you want the story to end? Do you have an end in mind? An ending can be open-ended and allow for more stories to be told... or final... but do you have a preference?

...or would you rather write forever? A series of consecutive stories, each building on the last...

User avatar
SuperSaiyanPan
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:54 am

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by SuperSaiyanPan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:00 am

Vertical wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:32 pm
SuperSaiyanPan wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:45 am
How can I keep this fresh? Being that this is my story I have complete control and canon is non issue. It's getting harder to come up with things, mainly I've been using ideas from the shows and movies, while coming up with some new ideas of our own.

How do you all draw your inspiration? What makes the stories stand out instead of put people to sleep.
Well, before addressing your problem, we need to clarify: Is the story actually one long story, or is it a collection of smaller stories? Could you divide it into smaller arcs? Do you have a long-term story idea?

Also, do you want to tell an enclosed story... basically, do you want the story to end? Do you have an end in mind? An ending can be open-ended and allow for more stories to be told... or final... but do you have a preference?

...or would you rather write forever? A series of consecutive stories, each building on the last...
What defines a collection of smaller stories? Like the title plus twenty pages then a new title plus more pages in the same document?

This is one long story that has arcs but all play off of each-other. When I first started I had no end and I still don't. So far it's just me and my friend writing on and on or forever as you say. It may end some day but we're not sure right now. There is about seventy-six chapters at the current moment. Also there is character building.

I just don't want to make it stale.

User avatar
Jackalope89
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 876
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:47 am

SuperSaiyanPan wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:00 am
Vertical wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:32 pm
SuperSaiyanPan wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:45 am
How can I keep this fresh? Being that this is my story I have complete control and canon is non issue. It's getting harder to come up with things, mainly I've been using ideas from the shows and movies, while coming up with some new ideas of our own.

How do you all draw your inspiration? What makes the stories stand out instead of put people to sleep.
Well, before addressing your problem, we need to clarify: Is the story actually one long story, or is it a collection of smaller stories? Could you divide it into smaller arcs? Do you have a long-term story idea?

Also, do you want to tell an enclosed story... basically, do you want the story to end? Do you have an end in mind? An ending can be open-ended and allow for more stories to be told... or final... but do you have a preference?

...or would you rather write forever? A series of consecutive stories, each building on the last...
What defines a collection of smaller stories? Like the title plus twenty pages then a new title plus more pages in the same document?

This is one long story that has arcs but all play off of each-other. When I first started I had no end and I still don't. So far it's just me and my friend writing on and on or forever as you say. It may end some day but we're not sure right now. There is about seventy-six chapters at the current moment. Also there is character building.

I just don't want to make it stale.
A collection of small stories is basically a book with two or more stories that have little to nothing to do with one another. Which, going by what you said of your story, does not apply to you.

Vertical
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:58 pm
Contact:

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Vertical » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:17 am

SuperSaiyanPan wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:00 am
What defines a collection of smaller stories? Like the title plus twenty pages then a new title plus more pages in the same document?
In regard to what we're discussing, something like... The Simpsons, for example, where in general there is no over-arching narrative, just smaller contained stories (though some changes permeate, like a character dying).

Otherwise, as Jackalope89 noted.

SuperSaiyanPan wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:00 am
This is one long story that has arcs but all play off of each-other. When I first started I had no end and I still don't. So far it's just me and my friend writing on and on or forever as you say. It may end some day but we're not sure right now. There is about seventy-six chapters at the current moment. Also there is character building.
Generally, individual story arcs within a longer, less direction-heavy narrative (like how in Dragon ball, each major enemy is introduced within their respective arc... it's not like we knew anything of Buu when Goku was younger), are good dividers for your story.

Perhaps try breaking your single document into individual arcs.

SuperSaiyanPan wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:00 am
I just don't want to make it stale.
One way to delay this is to eat through ideas at a slower pace.

Most novels focus on a single story arc. Novels are generally 50,000-100,000 words. If you can make arcs last that long, it will take you a long while to eat through ideas... and if you can come up with arc ideas that lead into others, that's another 50,000 words...


These are all things to consider if you plan to release said story to the public. If it's just for your friend and yourself though, just have fun with it. Put characters in crazy situations, see how they deal with it.

User avatar
anubisj
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:22 am

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by anubisj » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:38 pm

I´ve been conceptualizing a dragon ball gt sequel (before all the stuff with Goku jr), reusing stuff from db heroes and videogames, since they haven´t been portrayed in anime form (except some Heroes stuff, but that isn´t a proper series and I think some of their plotlines and characters are too good to pass up) and ignoring Super (I know, I´m weird, I just follow the 2 timelines approach: db manga followed by super, db anime followed by dbz followed by gt, followed by this fan fic stuff; besides 2uper is probably going to happen at some point, though I do reuse some Super stuff).

Anyways, what do you think of these ideas (I´m not sure about the format yet, but probably a novel)?

-It has been some years since GT, I´m not sure how many yet, but 6 seems like a safe bet. Everything´s been peaceful.

-Pan is adult, as was Gohan in Buu saga (ok not entirely adult, but you get the idea), same goes for Bulla and Marron. (I think this is better than them being kids still, they can do more stuff on fights, plus they have more complex emotions; sticking with the same characters´ age from GT would be a mistake, imo)

-When the first saga starts, we find out Vegeta has been travelling space, his own personal voyage, visiting the coordinates where planet vegeta was, fighting all kinds of aliens in plenty of nearby planets and basically reflecting on his past as a Saiyan prince, when he had a tail, and on his rivalry with the now vanished Kakarot. (Vegeta gets to think about himself for the first time in a while, also this training will have helped him recover his tail, and therefore master the ssj4, I just can´t picture him living normally at capsule corp after GT, also he might rememorate his father a bit, and maybe discover a new technique via some alien civilization, like Goku with the Yardrats).

-Pan has been training by herself all this time, turning into some sort of "anti-civilization" girl, living in the countryside like Goku did in the Pilaf saga, with a more serious personality than her GT self, due to her past experiences. She´s more warrior-like, and has attained ssj.

-Gohan keeps being a teacher (but now secretly trains, too, remembering his father and the battles fought, he might have grown a beard), Majuub is now considered the protector and champion of Earth; Satan declared him as his successor. Bulla doesn´t train, but she secretly is ashamed that she couldn´t help the z warriors in GT, and also has some kind of rivalry with Pan. Nº 18, Krillin and Marron are living peacefully; they sometimes go visit the "old gang" (Tien, and Chiaotzu, who keep on being hermits, and Yamcha, who still hasn´t got a girlfriend), Roshi keeps being Roshi.

-Basically, everybody is living their own life, until an event reunites them all; Goten is marrying Valese, and Trunks another woman (she isn´t any established character, but she would be an important and peculiar new character, not some random nobody). This double wedding attracts everybody to the scene, from Roshi to Chi Chi. Even Pan comes.

-Gohan reunites with Piccolo, who has been allowed 1 day to roam the Earth by King Enma, due to him helping manage Hell´s villains. Everybody is happy and cheerful during the night of celebration, with the Ox king acting as host.

-Pan is the only one that stays a bit outside; she is the first one to notice that some stars are disappearing in the sky, as if they are being consumed by darkness. She quickly tells the others, who come outside to look. They all watch as the sky turns pitch black, while sensing an evil energy. Eventually, that darkness grasps the Earth, and plenty of people die.

-All the lights in the world are extinguished, and the z warriors can only sense ki to a short distance. To summarize, all planets are being isolated by this darkness, so that even the kaioshin can´t sense what´s happening inside them. However, Kibitoshin and the old Kaioshin, plus the other kais, know that this is an invasion from the realm of the demons.

-The demons have somehow attained a powerful artifact (this would all be explained in due time) that allows them to merge dimensions, engulfing the whole universe in their own negative energy. The main villain of this saga is a female demon with the android 21 evil design, from the Fighterz game (though she would definitely not be an android in this story).

-She has every planet in the universe isolated from the "normal" dimension, and tells all the survivors (psychically, like what piccolo or the kais could do) that to save a planet and its population from complete annihilation (the darkness slowly corrodes the planet and makes people aggressive, guaranteeing utter destruction in a matter of days), its population must gather the dark dragon balls (from heroes), which are scattered throughout the demonic realm (which is now where all the planets are). This also means that only one planet can make it. To make matters worse, there´s no hell or heaven available; if someone dies, there will be no apparent way to revive him/her (also, the environment might make it easy for people to die, even if they are only defeated).

-Of course, not everybody is willing to play along the demon´s game, but unfortunately, desperation takes over most of the planets. The demon opens portals between planets, so everybody can travel through the realm and find the dragon balls. While this is happening, they must contend not only with the demons defending the dragon balls, plus other fighters from other planets, but also the added aggressiveness that takes hold of people as time passes. There´s no dragon radar, and the Earth is already ruined; the z warriors must now fight for their survival and for the demonic dragon balls, while contending with different ways of approaching the situation (combined with the increased aggressiveness, this could turn out into a battle between friends, and plenty of moral dilemmas).

-In my mind, this would be like a dragon ball-like Hunger Games. Like what the prison planet saga and TOP should have been, with new powerful enemies and tension added to the mix; combined with the demon stuff.

-I´m thinking of adding Cunber as yet another saiyan that survived the genocide; he would not have any ssj form, but would be very powerful in base form or Oozaru. He would like to revive planet Vegeta, at the cost of everything else.

-All the z warriors would have their own moment to shine, but I´m afraid I would have to kill off some people.

-I already have certain scenes in mind for the middle of the saga, like a serious battle between Goten and Trunks, Bulla attaining ssj due to losing someone (or about to lose someone), Vegeta appearing all of a sudden to save the day, Gohan regaining his mystic powers, new transformation for Piccolo...etc. Maybe the angels (from Super, but in this story there are no Gods of destruction) will intervene, but since I don´t want this to turn into the Apocalypse :lol: I would refrain from using them too much.

-Also, let´s not forget that Goku is somewhere, and might appear at some point, but I still haven´t decided in what capacity.

-Finally, I never liked how stupid some of the villains were in previous sagas, so I tried my best to create a serious threat. In this case, the demonic woman (I haven´t decided on a name yet) apparently has control over the situation, and things are already looking bad for the z warriors, but in reality, she actually wishes for more: Each time a fighter dies or gets hit hard (like with majin buu), the evil energy required to revive the demon god mechikabura is less and less. With Mechikabura at her side, she thinks she will be able to overpower the other world and all reality. So that´s the master plan. To her, the universe is just breakfast, basically.

Anyways, I would really appreciate any feedback (but I would prefer it if it was constructive feedback). I realize it´s a huge chunk of text, though. :lol: Sorry about that, I guess I wanted to express my ideas with all the detail possible (and I still have some stuff left!).

User avatar
anubisj
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:22 am

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by anubisj » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:53 pm

Ok so after talking with some people, I´ve come up with some corrections to the draft above:

-It has been some years since GT, Vegeta is travelling space, to where Planet vegeta used to be and beyond, searching for answers about his past. He wants to go back to his ancient, warrior-like ways, and as he fights aliens in space, he stumbles upon a planet that was inhabited by Saiyans before the genocide; Vegeta knew about this legendary planet, but he could never find it...until now.

-Pan is like in the draft above, she is quite opposite from her GT self, and has the ssj form. She spends all day training, unlike Bulla and Marron. Bulla, however, is kinda sad about not being able to help during GT.

-Gohan now has a beard (to better differentiate from Goten and others), Majuub has been declared the new Earth protector by Satan.

-The beginning of the saga is the same, Goten and Trunks are celebrating with the rest, Piccolo gets one day to be with the other Z warriors, Pan sees stars shutting off in the sky...then Goku appears, saying he has sensed a terrible, dark energy coming to Earth; soon after, the demonic energy unleashed by the demon with Android 21´s design (which I decided to name Abra, as in the phrase abracadabra, dabra being the basis for Dabura) starts affecting the Earth (and only the Earth).

-This energy is slowly destroying the planet; to save themselves, Goku informs the z warriors that they will have to go to the demon realm, and defeat the demons within to gather the 7 dark dragon balls (the Heroes´ ones) and restore the planet with a wish.

-Turns out the artifact with which Abra has attacked the Earth was stolen from the vaults of the Shin by a corrupted Shin (he would be like Zamasu, probably) who delivered it to Abra. Abra then uses it to force Goku and the others to fight with her demons, basically.

-Her endgame is the same as in the draft.

-Goku´s "revival" doesn´t yet have an explanation, but he has gained much power. Maybe he was watching the Earth all this time, like a god?

-The demon realm is inaccessible for the Shin.

-Goku and the others fight Abra´s demons in her realm, these include Demigra, Mira (his final form from xenoverse), the corrupted Shin.

-Cunber is a saiyan survivor who was corrupted by the demons a la Majin Vegeta. Unlike in the draft, he is a servant of Abra and the other demons, and has the "corrupting" ki aura.

-Sealas, from world mission, is a powerful galactic patroller who wants to purify the universe, basically sharing Abra´s wish of destroying the otherworld and reality, to rebuild it anew. He´s kind of crazy, and another villain.

Character moments:

-Maybe Goten and Trunks get to fuse this time.

-Vegeta shows up unexpectedly, saving someone. he now has a tail and has mastered the ssj4 transformation. It is all explained in a flashback.

-Goku is overpowered by someone.

-Piccolo is probably getting a new transformation.

I think this is an improved saga concept, over the original draft, though of course I have to flesh it out more. What do you guys think? The goal was basically to do what probably few people have, to make a fan sequel to GT using all the Heroes stuff, to sort of make it fit into a cohesive timeline. i say few people, because everyone is likely using Super´s concepts and "canon" now.

I guess I used some Super stuff too, but I tried to keep it to the bare minimum. I hope someone enjoys this ideas. In any case, I´m open to suggestions. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Karrit
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:22 am
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Karrit » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:20 am

Tales of Shuri

I posted a fan fiction I've been working on. I created its own thread due to length.

The storyline follows Dragon Ball, Z and possibly the Super anime, but deviates into AU around the end of Z. Part of it is set in that would be the Japan/Ryu-Kyu equivalent in the Dragon Ball world. Several characters are partial inspired by historical people and martial artists.

If anyone would like to take a look and give me some constructive criticism, I would be very much appreciated.

User avatar
p-hyvo
Regular
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:56 am
Contact:

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by p-hyvo » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:53 pm

Doe anyone knos when dbaf chapter 20 from young jijii will be out?
remember fellas, anyone in gt after m2 >>>anyone in z (bog + rof excluded obv)

User avatar
dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:08 pm
Location: Spain

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by dbs fanboy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:59 am

Hello everyone, first time posting on this thread since i think it's the only place i can share these videos. They are about a what if scenario in which Goku (well the saiyans in general) are placed in the DCU.
I found them while browsing on youtube and thought they might be interesting, so tell me what you think :D

https://youtu.be/vHFPbSim6n8
https://youtu.be/azBC1esMTA8
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:


dbgtFO wrote:

Post Reply