Help with a Saiyan name

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

arromdee

Help with a Saiyan name

Post by arromdee » Tue May 23, 2017 2:24 pm

For a fanfic I need a white female given name that is a vegetable reference, and also works as a normal human name. Does anyone have any suggestions? The best I could come up with is "Olivia". Maybe "Rosemary", but that's a spice.

I found a useful thread at https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805627- ... e/71411627 , but most of those don't sound like normal names.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Re: Help with a Saiyan name

Post by TheGodfather93 » Tue May 23, 2017 2:52 pm

I know a few, but they're currently being used by another fanfic writer, so I don't know whether it'd be appropriate to list them.

A few that I've come up with are:

Kumara (what sweet potato is called in New Zealand)
Carol (carola - edible seaweed)
Nora/Nori (nori - the seaweed used for sushi)
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue May 23, 2017 3:15 pm

What counts as a "normal human name" in your fanfic's context? Because in the Dragon Ball world, we have Earthlings named after things like underwear, Chinese food dishes, and literally just a Japanese slang term for "boobs."
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Tue May 23, 2017 3:31 pm

Google search my friend. Google search. Here's a few good ones I found.

Clove

Cress - (green, leafy vegetable in the mustard family)

Ginger (Oddly enough, it's classified as a vegetable!)

Dandelion (the dandelion is a leafy vegetable The name means "lion's tooth" from dent de lion.)

Also, don't hesitate to mix the name around. For instance, everyone calls her Fasha because they renamed her, but the REAL name of Bardock's female team mate is actually Selypa, a rearranging of the vegetable parsley.

arromdee

Post by arromdee » Tue May 23, 2017 5:51 pm

Kaboom wrote:What counts as a "normal human name" in your fanfic's context? Because in the Dragon Ball world, we have Earthlings named after things like underwear, Chinese food dishes, and literally just a Japanese slang term for "boobs."
It's a DBZ/Worm crossover. (The character has not appeared yet.) "Normal human name" would mean present day Earth normal human name.