Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage) COMPLETED

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Ricno924
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Virginia, USA
Contact:

Re: Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage)

Post by Ricno924 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:07 am

MR.Mark wrote:I tested and it works fine, must be on your end.
All right, I figured out the problem. Thanks for checking nonetheless.

I'm enjoying this cut so far - keep up the good work!

User avatar
MR.Mark
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1703
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:11 am

Re: Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage)

Post by MR.Mark » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:34 pm

Thanks again for the support guys, also for your patience as i finish up the last ep.

User avatar
Bruma rabu
Regular
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:12 pm

Re: Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage)

Post by Bruma rabu » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:08 am

MR.Mark wrote:Thanks again for the support guys, also for your patience as i finish up the last ep.
Nice I hope it comes along nicely.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

User avatar
TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 913
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:03 pm

Re: Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage)

Post by TheAldella » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:57 am

It has been ages since this thing last updated. Any word on this being done this month?
Favorite anime -
Naruto Shippuden
Dragon Ball Z Kai
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)
Watchmen (2009)
Man of Steel (2013)
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
Wonder Woman (2017)
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

User avatar
MR.Mark
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1703
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:11 am

Re: Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage)

Post by MR.Mark » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:53 am

Life is in the way again so your patience is appreciated. Either way as the last part i'd like it to be done as polished as possible.

Luffy123
Newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:49 am

Re: Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage)

Post by Luffy123 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:14 pm

Just wondering is this a recut of Z or Kai buu saga because i really don't want the green tilt that Toei did unless its been color corrected?
Also neet hearing that this will be shorter because seeing my Toei did with Buu cut in kai is terrible, they should have outsourced it that company they did for the remaining of the series i think long-term purposes it would have benefited them much more. I mean the fact we got something like dragon ball recut kinda proves my point. So i presume u doing a hellsing ultimate OVA style right? like that series had 10 volumes and had 10 episode thats 1 hr long each. So considering this is 6 volumes the buu saga each hr is half a volume long?

Forte224
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1343
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage)

Post by Forte224 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:15 pm

Luffy123 wrote:Just wondering is this a recut of Z or Kai buu saga because i really don't want the green tilt that Toei did unless its been color corrected?
Also neet hearing that this will be shorter because seeing my Toei did with Buu cut in kai is terrible, they should have outsourced it that company they did for the remaining of the series i think long-term purposes it would have benefited them much more. I mean the fact we got something like dragon ball recut kinda proves my point. So i presume u doing a hellsing ultimate OVA style right? like that series had 10 volumes and had 10 episode thats 1 hr long each. So considering this is 6 volumes the buu saga each hr is half a volume long?
It uses the Kai English dub, but he's doing his own cut of it using Dragon Box footage. So, it'll be good picture quality and 4:3 aspect ratio. And he's cutting out even more filler than Kai The Final Chapters to make it even closer to the manga. He's also using Sumitomo music but he's doing his own placements of the music, including using some of Sumitomo's work from Super.

Luffy123
Newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:49 am

Re: Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage)

Post by Luffy123 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:20 am

Forte224 wrote:
Luffy123 wrote:Just wondering is this a recut of Z or Kai buu saga because i really don't want the green tilt that Toei did unless its been color corrected?
Also neet hearing that this will be shorter because seeing my Toei did with Buu cut in kai is terrible, they should have outsourced it that company they did for the remaining of the series i think long-term purposes it would have benefited them much more. I mean the fact we got something like dragon ball recut kinda proves my point. So i presume u doing a hellsing ultimate OVA style right? like that series had 10 volumes and had 10 episode thats 1 hr long each. So considering this is 6 volumes the buu saga each hr is half a volume long?
It uses the Kai English dub, but he's doing his own cut of it using Dragon Box footage. So, it'll be good picture quality and 4:3 aspect ratio. And he's cutting out even more filler than Kai The Final Chapters to make it even closer to the manga. He's also using Sumitomo music but he's doing his own placements of the music, including using some of Sumitomo's work from Super.
Sumitomo exclusively or some of the music of the original dbz like fan-made Bruce Faulconer/American OST Edition version in this website to sync with Kai episodes.

Forte224
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1343
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage)

Post by Forte224 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:05 am

Luffy123 wrote:
Forte224 wrote:
Luffy123 wrote:Just wondering is this a recut of Z or Kai buu saga because i really don't want the green tilt that Toei did unless its been color corrected?
Also neet hearing that this will be shorter because seeing my Toei did with Buu cut in kai is terrible, they should have outsourced it that company they did for the remaining of the series i think long-term purposes it would have benefited them much more. I mean the fact we got something like dragon ball recut kinda proves my point. So i presume u doing a hellsing ultimate OVA style right? like that series had 10 volumes and had 10 episode thats 1 hr long each. So considering this is 6 volumes the buu saga each hr is half a volume long?
It uses the Kai English dub, but he's doing his own cut of it using Dragon Box footage. So, it'll be good picture quality and 4:3 aspect ratio. And he's cutting out even more filler than Kai The Final Chapters to make it even closer to the manga. He's also using Sumitomo music but he's doing his own placements of the music, including using some of Sumitomo's work from Super.
Sumitomo exclusively or some of the music of the original dbz like fan-made Bruce Faulconer/American OST Edition version in this website to sync with Kai episodes.
Pretty sure it's Sumitomo exclusively.

Luffy123
Newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:49 am

Re: Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage)

Post by Luffy123 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:14 am

Forte224 wrote:
Luffy123 wrote:
Forte224 wrote: It uses the Kai English dub, but he's doing his own cut of it using Dragon Box footage. So, it'll be good picture quality and 4:3 aspect ratio. And he's cutting out even more filler than Kai The Final Chapters to make it even closer to the manga. He's also using Sumitomo music but he's doing his own placements of the music, including using some of Sumitomo's work from Super.
Sumitomo exclusively or some of the music of the original dbz like fan-made Bruce Faulconer/American OST Edition version in this website to sync with Kai episodes.
Pretty sure it's Sumitomo exclusively.
thats ashame however beats watching the original dbz, and beats watching kai with its green tilt, maybe when that guy who did the dragon ball recut might do the best of both worlds however, atm still grateful for this version

kinda stupid how the buu saga was only 6 volumes long however did go a little to fast, anyways sumitomo has improved i really don't like super for what it represents except for few thing like some of the filler stuff. But the music is definitely a plus, like ultra instinct it stupid however it sounds epic.

Forte224
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1343
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage)

Post by Forte224 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:32 am

Hey I'm curious MR.Mark, have you at any point updated any downloads? I downloaded episodes 1-8 several months ago and am just curious if I need to redo any.

User avatar
MR.Mark
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1703
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:11 am

Re: Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage)

Post by MR.Mark » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:47 pm

Forte224 wrote:Hey I'm curious MR.Mark, have you at any point updated any downloads? I downloaded episodes 1-8 several months ago and am just curious if I need to redo any.
No, so far all episodes I've done are as they were last edited.

User avatar
3021GSO
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:54 am

Re: Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage)

Post by 3021GSO » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:33 pm

Hate to interfere (I just made a new account), but what's the update on the 11th episode so far?

User avatar
MR.Mark
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1703
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:11 am

Re: Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage)

Post by MR.Mark » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:45 pm

Sorry I lagged so far behind guys, It's also good to know there is support for my edit. Rest assure it will be done, anyone lurking in this topic feel free to let me know how your liking it so far,it's very encouraging!

Forte224
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1343
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage)

Post by Forte224 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:57 pm

Hey hey you're here. I'm excited for this. There are a lot of re-edits of Kai going on, but none of them are using the TFC dub with Dragon Box footage so this has me hyped. As well as the better pace and music. Basically...fixes everything wrong with it, ya know?

User avatar
3021GSO
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:54 am

Re: Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage)

Post by 3021GSO » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:03 pm

MR.Mark wrote:Sorry I lagged so far behind guys, It's also good to know there is support for my edit. Rest assure it will be done, anyone lurking in this topic feel free to let me know how your liking it so far,it's very encouraging!
Dude, you're a natural! The music placement, the scene rearrangement, the sound effects, the seamless branching, everything is just...Perfect.

User avatar
MR.Mark
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1703
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:11 am

Re: Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage)

Post by MR.Mark » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:51 pm

3021GSO wrote:
MR.Mark wrote:Sorry I lagged so far behind guys, It's also good to know there is support for my edit. Rest assure it will be done, anyone lurking in this topic feel free to let me know how your liking it so far,it's very encouraging!
Dude, you're a natural! The music placement, the scene rearrangement, the sound effects, the seamless branching, everything is just...Perfect.
Thanks a lot, I feel I got better as I went along, so I plan to polish my cut once it's all done.

User avatar
MR.Mark
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1703
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:11 am

Re: Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage)

Post by MR.Mark » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:22 pm

https://streamable.com/wem9o


Thanks for the patience and support guys. I decided ep 11 will cover up to Buus death to tide you over before the big time skip. I'll have it up by tomorrow at the latest.

Forte224
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1343
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage)

Post by Forte224 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:40 pm

Awesome! Thanks!

User avatar
TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 913
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:03 pm

Re: Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage)

Post by TheAldella » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:26 am

I'm very glad that you made the pre-timeskip stuff its own thing. Now I don't have to worry about making my own choppy re-edit lmao
Favorite anime -
Naruto Shippuden
Dragon Ball Z Kai
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)
Watchmen (2009)
Man of Steel (2013)
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
Wonder Woman (2017)
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

Post Reply