[Fan Fiction] Tournament of Power Remix - Ch. 1: Survive! [Complete!]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

[Fan Fiction] Tournament of Power Remix - Ch. 1: Survive! [Complete!]

Post by Ziegander » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:34 pm

Tournament of Power Remix
Chapter 1: Survive!
Writer's Note:
[spoiler]So, in the interest of, well, making the tournament a bit more interesting, I've decided to start a rewrite from the ground up. I plan to make the fighting a bit more serious, savage, and sensible. If a fighter has the chance to knock an opponent out, they're going to take it. None of this playing around, half-assed crap. And no more concentrating on just a few characters and throwing out or simply forgetting about the other characters. Eliminations are probably going to happen faster, but the characters that survive to the end aren't just going to be characters no one's seen or heard anything from until the end, the characters that last will have earned it. So, I hope you like it, this first chapter is just setting the stage, a lot of the introduction is similar to how the aired episode handled it, but not the same. Thanks for reading![/spoiler]

Eighty warriors from eight universes converge together on a vast arena constructed by Angels, setting the stage for a battle royale that will decide which universe will survive the culling of the weak at the hands of the god of gods: the almighty Zeno-sama! The cold, robotic eyes of Universe 3 scan their opponents for strengths and weaknesses and store data on how they carry themselves. The statuesque fighters of Universe 10 stretch their muscles and perform calisthenics to prime their bodies for action. There's even a huge, iron dragon resting amongst the combatants of Universe 9. Goku notices Toppo, the Pride Trooper of Universe 11, from across the arena and smirks while his son Gohan stares up at the top of the tall pillar at the arena's center. The Grand Priest, on a floating hemisphere, rises from out of the pillar, arms folded at his waist, eyes closed, an eager grin stretched across his face. Soon everyone takes notice.

"Ooooh!" Zeno's eyes go wide. "Aaaah!" Future Zeno's pupils dilate.

The Grand Priest's grin opens into a full smile and he bows, spreading his arms to his sides. Rising, the Grand Priest opens his eyes and addresses the warriors in attendance, saying, "And now, I shall explain the rules of the Tournament once more!"

"The time limit is 100 taks. This pillar will descend as time passes. When it reaches the level of the fighting stage, the Tournament will be over!"

Krillin cocks his head to the side, "100 taks?" Beerus takes in a deep breath and answers him, his eyes closed, his head turned away, "The equivalent of 48 minutes on your Earth."

"Hmph," Piccolo says, still staring at the Grand Priest, "That's short."

The Grand Priest continues, "Combatants will be eliminated immediately upon losing consciousness or moving out of bounds. Eliminated combatants will join their gods in the spectators' seats. Tools, medicines, and weapons, aside from ki-generated weapons, are forbidden, as is killing. The penalty for breaking one of these taboos is immediate erasure."

The Zenos glare at the warriors assembled below with compassionless, empty faces. "Dear me," Master Roshi says, "I guess that means my walking stick is out. What about my sunglasses?"

The Grand Priest's eyes move back and forth as he thinks a moment before he turns to look at the Zenos. The Zenos nod and the Grand Priest turns back to regard Roshi saying, "The gracious Zeno-sama has decided to allow them."

"How kind," Roshi chuckles quietly. "Still," Krillin turns to his old master, "that means no sensu beans either... we're going to have to be careful out there you guys."

"A final word of warning," the Grand Priest adds, "With no exceptions, whether he or she is an eliminated fighter, Supreme Kai, God of Destruction, or angel, should any spectator interfere in any way with the battle or the arena itself that spectator and his or her entire universe will be subject to immediate erasure. Does everyone understand?"

Mosco beeps and whirs, his single eye flashing briefly. Whis puts a hand to his mouth, uttering, "Oh my."

"Immediate..." Helles trails off. "Erasure?!" Sidra exclaims.

"That's right," Zeno replies, crossing his arms, uncharacteristically serious, his wide eyes lingering uncomfortably upon Sidra's sweat-covered brow.

"Nobody interferes," Future Zeno crosses his arms.

"Now let's have a fun fight! Zeno throws his hands in the air, laughing and smiling wide. "Yes!" Future Zeno agrees equally cheerfully, "Fight, everyone! Fight!"

"Alright, everyone!" the Grand Priest floats higher, closer to the Zenos, "That's all for the rules! Let the Tournament of Power begin!!"

"Okay..." Goku punches his hands together, "I'm ready!" and he flies off after Toppo.

"Dad, wait!" Gohan exclaims, then deflates, sighing deeply. He turns to the rest of Universe 7 to say, "Guys, we have to stick together, stick to the plan! Fight as a team, no less than two of us to one opponent. We watch each others' backs, conserve our stamina, and never take on tough foes alone."

Android 18 smirks and makes eye contact with her brother. He smiles back, crosses his arms, closes his eyes and shrugs. Freeza giggles.

"Sounds boring," Vegeta scowls and calmly walks away, smiling to himself as he does.

"Aww, Vegeta!" Krillin shouts, "Not you too!"

"Let them go," Piccolo says, "They are Saiyans after all. I suppose they can't help it..."

"You two are staying back with the runts?" Freeza sizes up the androids.

"Oh, well..." Android 17 takes a look at his sister, a wry grin on his face. "The boy did say no less than two of us together, right?" Android 18 finishes for him. The two fly off.

"Ha ha ha!" Freeza laughs heartily, "You see, Son Gohan, they will be sticking to your plan. Unfortunately... I have plans of my own. Good bye." He turns, then smiles, adding, "And good luck," just before moving so fast he seems to vanish entirely.

"His speed..." Tenshinhan marvels, "Just what is that guy up to, anyway?" Gohan frowns, disappointed, a little insulted, "Don't worry about him, Tien. Just stay close and stick to the plan." "Yeah," Tien answers, "Of course."
~
Like Gohan, many of the fighters from other universes seem reluctant to immediately enter the fray, preferring to stay back or circle around their opponents sizing them up, no one has the audacity to spring directly into action. No one save Goku, of course. In Universe 11's portion of the fighting stage, the Pride Troopers who make up the entirety of Universe 11's fighters stand discussing strategy amongst themselves, Toppo and Kahseral nearest Jiren the Grey, a hugely muscled alien who sits with his legs crossed, meditating.

"Universe 7 must be the first to fall," Toppo says, "They care only for battle and inflicting pain! They are the reason every universe is on the edge of extinction! They must face our Justice!" He raises a tight fist.

"And you say there is one among them stronger even than you?" Kahseral asks Toppo.

"Hey, Toppo!" Goku hurtles toward the Pride Troopers, "Let's fight!" Jiren opens his eyes and regards the saiyan emotionlessly.

"There's the villain!" Toppo slides into a battle stance, but before Goku can reach his opponent another warrior appears between them! Unfurling black wings, the dark-green imp hovers in the air before Goku, grinning as his wings expand into a cloud of dark, shadowy energy that engulfs him and Goku both! "Not so fast!" the creature says before the energy collapses over the pair and they disappear. Toppo looks on aghast as does Shin from the spectators' seats, the Supreme Kai of Universe 7.

"Goku!" Shin cries out.

"I wouldn't worry about him," Beerus narrows his eyes, "He can take care of himself."

"Do you truly think our Universe can win?" the Supreme Kai asks, a bead of sweat forming on his brow.

"It's in their hands now," Whis looks at the fighters from Universe 7 each in turn. "Easy for you to say," Beerus retorts, "You're not the one who will be erased if they lose!" "O! Ho ho ho!" Whis laughs, "You're right!" Beerus shakes his head disgustedly, but then gives the Supreme Kai a sincere look. "We have to put our faith in Son Goku. We have to put our faith in the warriors he's gathered to fight for us. Mm?"

"Yes, I..." Shin stares out at the fighting stage. The arena, perhaps emboldened by Goku and his demonic foe, awakens. The iron dragon takes wing. Fighters all across the stage erupt into chaotic combat. "I suppose that's all we can do..."
~
Far above, in their spacious dais overlooking the arena, the Zenos have stood from their chair and each of them look into the lens of a double telescope. After looking up, they seem confused.

"Where did Goku go with the gargoyle?" Zeno asks the Grand Priest.

"Yeaaah! Where do you think they've goooone?!" Future Zeno complains.

In his own, much smaller viewing orb, the Grand Priest looks confused himself. "I am... not entirely sure, but they haven't left the arena... Perhaps they are hidden... within a coterminal plane..."

"Ehhh?" Zeno scratches his head.

"Coool!!" Future Zeno scratches Zeno's head with one arm and pumps a fist with the other.
~
While the others discuss Goku, the Pride Troopers are under attack! In place of Goku, one of the warriors of Universe 10, a slender old man, with a runner's or gymnast's svelte physique, shaggy blue hair and a beard, wearing a white gi and white shorts strolls up to Toppo.

"Hello," the man greets Toppo calmly, then bows, "I am Jilcol. You may fight me instead, if you wish."

Universe 6's Botamo takes a mighty leap and throws a heavy haymaker fist at the only woman among the Pride Trooper's ranks. She is beautiful by human standards, with light pink skin and long hair the shade of hibiscus flowers, but she is no damsel in distress. Botamo's huge, rubbery fist slams harmlessly into the fighting stage after the woman dodges and she sizes him up with a glare from her fiery, gold-colored eyes. On a second front, one of Universe 3's fighters rushes toward another of Universe 11's Pride Troopers, this one a green-skinned, fish-faced humanoid. Representing Universe 3 is a tall, powerfully built humanoid in a white and blue suit of sleek, metallic body armor that covers him head to toe. His helmet is dominated by a reflective gold visor that masks his face, though the man appears to see out of it just fine. The two of them lock hands, but Universe 3's fighter gains the upper hand, and the green-skinned Pride Trooper is pushed back despite his best effort.

"Where I'm from they call me Pescadilegati, the Lawbringer," the Universe 3 fighter says, "I'm sorry, but I can't let your Universe win. I've got a city to protect."

"And I!" the Pride Trooper shouts defiantly, "am Kettol! I fight for all of the creatures that live beneath the seas!"

Kettol's body transforms into a crashing wave of water, toppling Pescadilegati over as his machine armor short circuits. Kettol reforms behind him as the Lawbringer struggles to stand, electricity crackling around him. "What is one city against the splendor of the oceans?" Kettol crosses his arms.
~
The iron dragon breathes fire down on scores of warriors, harried by a large, green parrot with short arms, and a dark purple woman with wings. Below them, hundreds of ki blasts explode all over the arena, lighting the stage and the fighters alike in a dazzling rainbow of colors. Master Roshi looks on, unimpressed.

"What a waste of energy," the old master from Universe 7 chuckles, "They'll never keep their stamina up going at it like overeager teenagers! Hey!" Roshi starts heckling the fighters beyond the multicolored array of explosions, "What's the hurry?!"

"Just look at all that power..." Krillin worries. "Eh," Roshi continues, "let 'em blow it all in the early rounds, kid. They'll tire themselves out before they realize we're still--" though before Roshi can finish his sentence, warriors begin to approach, four of them total, silhouetted against the flash of ki blasts. An old man from Universe 2 with a bushy white mustache in a red leather bodysuit, wearing heavy white gloves and boots as well as a white cape and sturdy, white helmet. A modified warrior from Universe 3, part blue-skinned lizardman, part machine, with large, shiny green glass eyes. A red-shelled, humanoid crustacean from Universe 10 in what looks to be golden, metal armor covering his torso. And Bergamo the Crusher from Universe 9... the large wolfman looks around him at the other fighters that have gathered at the sound of Roshi's voice and he smiles darkly.

"Now what have you done, you old geezer?" Krillin raises his fists. Roshi sighs.

"I went looking for your father, boy," Bergamo strides ahead, sneering at Gohan, "but I suppose humiliating you will have to do!" Bergamo flies at Gohan and the modified warrior approaches close behind.

"Krillin, with me!" Gohan shouts, "Piccolo! Protect the others!" Son Gohan and Krillin clash with Bergamo while the cybernetic lizardman passes them by to engage with Piccolo.

"Stay behind me," Piccolo tells Roshi and Tien as he begins to charge his Special Beam Cannon. "We'll watch your back," Tien replies staring down the crustacean as it begins to circle around them.
~
The pink-skinned Pride Trooper slides back through a cloud of smoke, a snarl on her face. "Rraagh!" she protests, "Nothing hurts the damned thing!" Botamo jumps out from the smoke and laughs, hurling balls of energy at his prey hand over hand as he slowly advances on her. "Keep it up, Cocette!" Belmod shouts from the stands, "Find a weakness, then crush it!"

In the sky, the green bird dives at the iron dragon's neck, slamming its beak into the weaker scales it finds there. The dragon roars in pain and pivots to grab the bird and crush it, but the other avian, the flying woman, hovers and draws her hands to her sides, charging some kind of ki blast. On the ground, a green-skinned girl from Universe 4, dressed more like a princess than a warrior, watches the dragon struggle and smiles, forming a golden ki spear in one hand. "Now," she mutters, hurling her weapon just as the other flying woman unleashes a beam of dark purple energy. The spear pierces the dragon's scales under its arm just as the blast slams it to the ground with enormous impact, scattering fighters left and right.
~
Ea, the Supreme Kai of Universe 3 watches the chaos erupt with a sure grin. "Now might be the perfect opportunity, Mosco..." The machine God of Destruction agrees with a series of beeps and boops.

Suddenly amongst the smoke and scintillating color, Narirama of Universe 3 knocks aside a small, green-skinned boy wearing goggles. The automaton's single blue, glass eye begins to glow, and its arms extend as its torso begins to spin atop its hips! Narirama peels off, a powerful jet propulsion from its back sending it spinning like a tornado, careening into the large group of warriors packed into the center of the stage, already off-balance from the fall of the heavy, iron dragon. The powerful, surprise attack manages to knock a handful of fighters out of the arena in an instant - the raptor-headed Pride Trooper of Universe 11 named Vuon, a small, anthropomorphic rabbit fighter from Universe 9 named Sorrel, another short, animal-humanoid, this one a warthog from Universe 2 named Dr. Rota, and even the large, puffy-cheeked captain of Universe 10, Murichim! As Narirama continues its rampage, a Yardrat from Universe 6 uses his signature instant transmission technique to avoid contact with the automaton's deadly arms and the robot closes in on Jilcol and Toppo.

"Leap of the Heavens!" Jilcol shouts, jumping over Narirama's incoming strike with incredible speed, clearing a vertical distance high enough to perch upon the top of the arena's central pillar. Meanwhile, Toppo stands his ground, narrows his eyes and grunts with effort, blocking Narirama's spinning assault with his forearm accompanied by the thundering crack of metal as gears and cords fly out of Narirama's ruined arm.

"Justice... flash!!" Toppo shouts, charging his attack, firing a gatling barrage of miniature, white hot bullets of ki into the automaton, overwhelming Narirama's defenses and sending him flying backwards in a trail of smoke.

Jilcol nods to the Grand Priest and the Zenos and the Zenos' eyes twinkle at the sight of so much carnage.

"Aaaaah!!" Zeno cries.

"Haaaaa!!" Future Zeno yells.

The Grand Priest smiles and nods back to Jilcol who jumps back down from the pillar. "Well, that's four eliminations at once," the Grand Priest says. As the eliminated fighters appear respectively in their spectator areas, the Zenos press their portraits on their GodPads, darkening them to designate them as eliminated. "Vuon..." Zeno searches for his portrait, "Ah, boop!" "Sorrel," Future Zeno says, "mmm... boop!" "Dr. Rota," Zeno continues, "Boop!" "Annnd Murichim!" Future Zeno is getting excited, "Boop!" "This is fun!" both Zenos agree.
~
The old man in red garb from Universe 2 watches as Bergamo dodges attacks from Gohan and Krillin while Piccolo struggles to do the same against the frightfully fast reptilian cyborg of Universe 3. Roshi keeps a critical eye on the machine, waiting for the right opportunity to support Piccolo while Tien continues to keep all three of his eyes on the crustacean from Universe 10. Will the "runts" of Universe 7, as Freeza put it, be able to repel this four-pronged assault? And what's happened to Goku? Find out in the next chapter!
Last edited by Ziegander on Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:13 am, edited 26 times in total.
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: [Fan Fiction] Survive! Tournament of Power Remix - Ch. 1

Post by Zamasu55 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:02 pm

Bergamo's from U9.

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: [Fan Fiction] Survive! Tournament of Power Remix - Ch. 1

Post by Ziegander » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:44 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:Bergamo's from U9.
Yep, definitely a mix-up. Thanks!

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: [Fan Fiction] Survive! Tournament of Power Remix - Ch. 1 [Complete!]

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:26 pm

Reading fanfiction in present tense always looks strange to me, but I like this so far.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: [Fan Fiction] Tournament of Power Remix - Ch. 1: Survive! [Complete!]

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:31 pm

I like it, but:
Caway's from Universe 4.
Dr Rota's from Universe 6.
Jimeze is from Universe 2.

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: [Fan Fiction] Tournament of Power Remix - Ch. 1: Survive! [Complete!]

Post by Ziegander » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:37 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Reading fanfiction in present tense always looks strange to me, but I like this so far.
Zamasu55 wrote:I like it, but:
Caway's from Universe 4.
Dr Rota's from Universe 6.
Jimeze is from Universe 2.
Thanks for reading, guys!

Ugh, universe mix-ups! I don't know why, but I keep getting U3 and U4 confused in typing! As I keep adding to this fanfic, please continue to point out other discrepancies! Thanks!

Anyway, as far as Rota and Jimeze are concerned, those two I have intentionally switched as I wanted to put Jimeze in U7's mirror universe since we know there are yardrats in U7 and Goku has interacted with them before. There will be some minor shakeups like that as things move forward. Some redesigned characters (as the dragon is evidence of) and other either changed or completely new material.

The idea I'm rolling with here is that I'm free to alter or completely omit anything that we had no inkling of or visual design for on screen before episode 97. So, to my knowledge, the only characters we had information on were all characters in U7, all characters in U6 aside from Rota and the two Namekians, just the Fireball Kamikaze's from U2, just Ganos from U4, just the Trio de Dangers from U9, to my knowledge just Murichim from U10, and Toppo, Dyspo, and Kahseral from U11. So I'm treating everything else as subject to my own devices, but many of the designs will remain identical or only slightly changed.

, and here's Ch.
3!