[DONE] Dragon Ball Z Kai: Bruce Faulconer/American OST Edition

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

oklahsam
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: [DONE] Dragon Ball Z Kai: Bruce Faulconer/American OST Edition

Post by oklahsam » Thu May 24, 2018 6:15 pm

I registered here just so I could say: Thank you so much for this. You've done an awesome job. To me, this is the definitive version of Dragon Ball Z. Better dub and translation from Kai with the epic music I remember from my childhood.

vacantplanets
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 5:03 pm

Re: [DONE] Dragon Ball Z Kai: Bruce Faulconer/American OST Edition

Post by vacantplanets » Tue May 29, 2018 5:37 pm

This is incredible and I can't wait to experience it.

Now, I don't want to be that guy but I'm finding it impossible to download any DBZ Kai torrents at the moment. Can someone seed or help me out in some other way? Please PM me. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Okay I'm all set now. Thanks!
Last edited by vacantplanets on Tue May 29, 2018 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: [DONE] Dragon Ball Z Kai: Bruce Faulconer/American OST Edition

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Tue May 29, 2018 5:48 pm

vacantplanets wrote:This is incredible and I can't wait to experience it.

Now, I don't want to be that guy but I'm finding it impossible to download any DBZ Kai torrents at the moment. Can someone seed or help me out in some other way? Please PM me. Thanks in advance.
You shouldn't really be asking for that since this site is very strict on piracy
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

ACD8
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:39 am

Re: [DONE] Dragon Ball Z Kai: Bruce Faulconer/American OST Edition

Post by ACD8 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:14 am

Mate! You are a living bloody legend! This is an absolute master piece. I registered to make an account about 2 months ago, which only just got approved today. I registered for the sole purpose of showing my gratitute. I have waiting 2 months to say thank you! Ever since Kai came out, I've dreamed of a version like this. You have no idea how much I love what you have done!

I watched all of the Cell saga (I had already binge watched all of Kai up to the start of the Cell saga until I found your version), and I've got to say, I was very impressed. I was expecting it to be "okay, but not great" but it was magnificent! You have done such an amazing job. I haven't watched anymore since the cell saga as I waiting for you to finish the rest. So happy it's all finished, can't wait to pick up where I left off.

I have a couple of questions for you.
First - Do you have a Patreon or anything set up for donations? Honestly man, you deserve it.

Secondly - I would like to ask if I could use your work to make various comparison videos on YouTube? I will take absolutely no credit, and put a link on the videos sending them straight here. I only want to make these videos to get the word out, so more people can enjoy this masterpiece, because I know how many people have wanted Dragonball Z Kai with the Bruce Falconer music. It was actually your youtube videos that brought me here, otherwise I would have never found this forum. If you don't want me to use your work to make videos, then I understand, and will not make any.

Again, thank you so much!!

User avatar
Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Re: [DONE] Dragon Ball Z Kai: Bruce Faulconer/American OST Edition

Post by Diccolo-420 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:19 am

oklahsam wrote:I registered here just so I could say: Thank you so much for this. You've done an awesome job. To me, this is the definitive version of Dragon Ball Z. Better dub and translation from Kai with the epic music I remember from my childhood.
Glad to have done it, having good music in the best dub is enough for me :)
ACD8 wrote:Mate! You are a living bloody legend! This is an absolute master piece. I registered to make an account about 2 months ago, which only just got approved today. I registered for the sole purpose of showing my gratitute. I have waiting 2 months to say thank you! Ever since Kai came out, I've dreamed of a version like this. You have no idea how much I love what you have done!

I watched all of the Cell saga (I had already binge watched all of Kai up to the start of the Cell saga until I found your version), and I've got to say, I was very impressed. I was expecting it to be "okay, but not great" but it was magnificent! You have done such an amazing job. I haven't watched anymore since the cell saga as I waiting for you to finish the rest. So happy it's all finished, can't wait to pick up where I left off.

I have a couple of questions for you.
First - Do you have a Patreon or anything set up for donations? Honestly man, you deserve it.

Secondly - I would like to ask if I could use your work to make various comparison videos on YouTube? I will take absolutely no credit, and put a link on the videos sending them straight here. I only want to make these videos to get the word out, so more people can enjoy this masterpiece, because I know how many people have wanted Dragonball Z Kai with the Bruce Falconer music. It was actually your youtube videos that brought me here, otherwise I would have never found this forum. If you don't want me to use your work to make videos, then I understand, and will not make any.

Again, thank you so much!!
Thank you for the praise! It means a lot to hear that the work I did was this good to you, because I was aiming for that level of professionality (which is why it took so damn long)

1. No I do not and I do not believe I can because I am working with material that isn't mine. Since Dragon Ball is owned by Toriyama/Toei and the music by Faulconer, none of it is my own creation and thus I cannot profit off of it unless I want to get in legal trouble. If I were making my own music, that might be a different story. I've appreciate the thought though, the work this took almost felt like a full time job

2 - Absolutely, that sounds great to me! I am 100% on board with spreading the word about this project since so many are averted to Kai for lack of Faulconer tracks, or that the music in general was shoddy.

This pretty much goes for anyone, I'm totally up for you all making clips of my work and showcasing them yourself, just make sure they know where to get the project so they can experience the entire thing :)

User avatar
Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Re: [DONE] Dragon Ball Z Kai: Bruce Faulconer/American OST Edition

Post by Diccolo-420 » Wed May 30, 2018 4:17 am

Been playing with reverb fx and I discovered a whole new way to do the thought bubble. I may at this point be able to restore not only that but other reverb fx.

ATM I'm going to be doing this with my sumitomo rescore, but I'll eventually add it into here, in addition to the new eyecatch.

armyandstuff
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:12 pm

Re: [DONE] Dragon Ball Z Kai: Bruce Faulconer/American OST Edition

Post by armyandstuff » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:42 pm

Hi, just wanted to start of by saying how awesome it is of you to have put so much effort into making this faulconer kai score happen.

Basically, I've been overlooking a lot of these different score versions made by the fans, and I've wanted to kinda make my own personal version of Kai combining a lot of these fan ost's for me to rewatch every once in a while whenever I get that dragon ball itch.

I'm wondering if you would happen to have some sort of time table or something that lists all of the songs and when they happen, because I've wanted to add some of the best songs in the faulconer score like the cell theme, vegeta theme, super buu theme etc and combine them with the yamomoto score and some other songs I've thrown in.

like I said, this new score that I'm making is just something I'm planning to watch myself and not something that I'll put out on the internet and acting like I edited all of this myself.

I'm having trouble locating some of the songs in your version and having some sort of list showing when they all happen would REALLY help me out.

User avatar
Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Re: [DONE] Dragon Ball Z Kai: Bruce Faulconer/American OST Edition

Post by Diccolo-420 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:34 pm

armyandstuff wrote:Hi, just wanted to start of by saying how awesome it is of you to have put so much effort into making this faulconer kai score happen.

Basically, I've been overlooking a lot of these different score versions made by the fans, and I've wanted to kinda make my own personal version of Kai combining a lot of these fan ost's for me to rewatch every once in a while whenever I get that dragon ball itch.

I'm wondering if you would happen to have some sort of time table or something that lists all of the songs and when they happen, because I've wanted to add some of the best songs in the faulconer score like the cell theme, vegeta theme, super buu theme etc and combine them with the yamomoto score and some other songs I've thrown in.

like I said, this new score that I'm making is just something I'm planning to watch myself and not something that I'll put out on the internet and acting like I edited all of this myself.

I'm having trouble locating some of the songs in your version and having some sort of list showing when they all happen would REALLY help me out.
First I would like to say thank you for the praise!

Second, however, that would be a really big undertaking since I'd have to go back and reexamine every exact time table which I have neither the time nor motivation to do.

Soldjur
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:14 am

Re: [DONE] Dragon Ball Z Kai: Bruce Faulconer/American OST Edition

Post by Soldjur » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:31 am

Great job finishing this project! WIll watch it straight away! : )

armyandstuff
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:12 pm

Re: [DONE] Dragon Ball Z Kai: Bruce Faulconer/American OST Edition

Post by armyandstuff » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:11 pm

Diccolo-420 wrote:
armyandstuff wrote:Hi, just wanted to start of by saying how awesome it is of you to have put so much effort into making this faulconer kai score happen.

Basically, I've been overlooking a lot of these different score versions made by the fans, and I've wanted to kinda make my own personal version of Kai combining a lot of these fan ost's for me to rewatch every once in a while whenever I get that dragon ball itch.

I'm wondering if you would happen to have some sort of time table or something that lists all of the songs and when they happen, because I've wanted to add some of the best songs in the faulconer score like the cell theme, vegeta theme, super buu theme etc and combine them with the yamomoto score and some other songs I've thrown in.

like I said, this new score that I'm making is just something I'm planning to watch myself and not something that I'll put out on the internet and acting like I edited all of this myself.

I'm having trouble locating some of the songs in your version and having some sort of list showing when they all happen would REALLY help me out.
First I would like to say thank you for the praise!

Second, however, that would be a really big undertaking since I'd have to go back and reexamine every exact time table which I have neither the time nor motivation to do.
I see, well thanks anyway :)

oblivioncth
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:09 pm

Re: [DONE] Dragon Ball Z Kai: Bruce Faulconer/American OST Edition

Post by oblivioncth » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:00 pm

Amazing job man, other than restoring the original voice actor for kid Gohan (and possibly a few others but meh) this essentially makes my perfect version of Dragonball Z. Thanks so much.

One quick question though: If I wanted to restore the Dragon Soul openings for all the episodes, do you happen to know of good way to batch edit each episode? Since I would be removing the same exact length of audio from the begging of each episode and then adding the same exact length of audio I figure that it should be possible somehow. Even if I punched in the time values since I know exactly what they'll be, doing each episode by hand would be a pain in the ass. I'm not a noob at video/audio editing but an amateur for sure, and I figured that someone like you who would make a project like this might have an idea on how to go about this other than by hand. If not no biggie.

Thanks again.

GoldDragon
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:54 pm

Re: [DONE] Dragon Ball Z Kai: Bruce Faulconer/American OST Edition

Post by GoldDragon » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:47 pm

oblivioncth wrote:Amazing job man, other than restoring the original voice actor for kid Gohan (and possibly a few others but meh) this essentially makes my perfect version of Dragonball Z. Thanks so much.

One quick question though: If I wanted to restore the Dragon Soul openings for all the episodes, do you happen to know of good way to batch edit each episode? Since I would be removing the same exact length of audio from the begging of each episode and then adding the same exact length of audio I figure that it should be possible somehow. Even if I punched in the time values since I know exactly what they'll be, doing each episode by hand would be a pain in the ass. I'm not a noob at video/audio editing but an amateur for sure, and I figured that someone like you who would make a project like this might have an idea on how to go about this other than by hand. If not no biggie.

Thanks again.
Please let me know if you ever figure this out. I love dragon soul

User avatar
Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Re: [DONE] Dragon Ball Z Kai: Bruce Faulconer/American OST Edition

Post by Diccolo-420 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:56 am

If you want to restore dragon soul you'll have to go into the audio file and find exactly where cha la begins and ends before the title card, generate silence in audacity, and then splice in dragon soul over that exact spot.

Good luck

User avatar
Crusader114
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:21 am

Re: [DONE] Dragon Ball Z Kai: Bruce Faulconer/American OST Edition

Post by Crusader114 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:45 pm

So far, everything is going smoothly. I'm using MakeMKV, MKVToolNIX, VLC media player, and handbrake. However, when I go to check some of the finished episodes, I noticed that I don't have an option for subtitles. While using handbrake, I select 1-English [PGS] for subtitles. I'm likely doing something wrong. How does one retain subtitles? Other than that, everything is going smoothly. The faulconer and dub mix really well.

AB24
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:03 pm

Re: [DONE] Dragon Ball Z Kai: Bruce Faulconer/American OST Edition

Post by AB24 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:31 am

Diccolo-420 wrote:If you want to restore dragon soul you'll have to go into the audio file and find exactly where cha la begins and ends before the title card, generate silence in audacity, and then splice in dragon soul over that exact spot.

Good luck
Just wanted to chime in and state there is a workaround this issue. I was using MKVToolnix and instead of removing the other audio, I simply added a third audio track without touching the other two. So when I play my .mkv container with VLC player, I can right click and choose "audio track", I select the Japanese audio for Dragon Soul if I feel like listening to that, and then I switch to the third audio track which is your Faulconer remake.

Also wanted to say big thanks for doing this, DBZ sounds so much better with the Faulconer tracks compared to the default. I think this is most evident in the first Beerus movie, the part

Alacris
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:31 am

Re: [DONE] Dragon Ball Z Kai: Bruce Faulconer/American OST Edition

Post by Alacris » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:39 pm

Hi, I just wanted to say thank you for this. You made Kai TFC a much more enjoyable experience for me. My only suggestion would be for the couple of episodes where you edited some of the iconic moments (Vegeta's Sacrifice, Goku SSJ3) was to have kept the episodes without those edits and allow people to download the episode with your changes optionally.

I wanted to know if you or someone else here would consider making a version where the first ~30-31 Kai episodes would have the Nathan Johnson score. This is the version I and many DBZ Funimation dub fans grew up on, where the Nathan Johnson score was done for the first 1-67 episodes in the 'Ultimate Uncut Special Edition' redub. This would make any future release of this absolutely perfect in addition to the Faulconer score.

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: [DONE] Dragon Ball Z Kai: Bruce Faulconer/American OST Edition

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:05 am

Thanks for this!

But...
The only anime show I had ever watched in the past was Avatar: The Last Airbender
That's not an anime.

Post Reply