[DONE] Dragon Ball Z Kai: Bruce Faulconer/American OST Edition

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BronzeGreekGod

Re: [DONE] Dragon Ball Z Kai: Bruce Faulconer/American OST Edition

Post by BronzeGreekGod » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:01 am

Diccolo-420 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:26 pm DISCLAIMER:

This is a fan-project. Dragonball and all associated products are owned by Toei Animation and Akira Toriyama, produced in English by FUNimation. Please support the official release

The music used in this product is largely owned and produced by Faulconer Productions. Other works not used by Faulconer Productions are the property of their respective owners.

Phew, now that we got that out of the way now let’s get onto the good stuff.

What you’ll need: MKV-merge → http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/

Thanks to IHaveNoUserName for making the tutorial on how to do this --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZTu4NRPpo8

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

NOTE: These are not the actual episodes, only the audio files behind them. You will need to already have the episodes with the video files and mux the two together. These audio files are synched to the Kai Blu Ray editions. If you have some other edition the files might not appear to be in synch with the video footage.

https://www.4shared.com/folder/dxNUz-Q3 ... coner.html

The way I did this is like the yamamoto revival, I’m only giving you the audio files. There are many reasons behind this, but mainly it’s because I’d get in major trouble for giving you the actual episodes, and that they are way too huge for me to be hosting. However, like yamamoto revival project, you can easily put these in with your episodes. How you acquire those episodes is up to you.

Hope you enjoy!

Faulconer not your cup of tea, or are you interested in trying a different score? That's cool, check out the other rescores currently available for Kai:
Kikuchi Score (Original Japanese Score) by IHaveNoUserName
Yamamoto Revival (episodes 53-98) by SuperSaiyanHedgeHog
Sumitomo Score (Super's composer) by Me

FINAL NOTE: I want to give a massive thank you to Akira Toriyama for creating the amazing franchise of dragon ball, which I am a huge fan of, and the amazing guys who worked at Faulconer Productions (namely Mike Smith and Scott Morgan) that made this amazing soundtrack. Without either, this project would never have been done (duh) and I owe it all to them.

I also want to issue a huge thanks to the people who made the unreleased faulconer tracks available for use, as well as those providing instructions on making rips yourself. Given how many tracks were left un-released, this thing would be a lot different without those tracks out there. Namely Akesh Patel, CoyCoy88, Marcelo, and so many others who provided un-released tracks.

Huge props to FLOW for the great rock-remake of Cha-La Head Cha La.

Also shoutout to VGMdrummer for that great gohan angers remix.
Hey man is it known that the audio for episode 44 of the Freeza saga is missing?

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:43 pm

hey guys sorry I forgot about 44, I had some stuff to take care of that just got me too burned out.

When I get the chance, I'll get it fixed!

BronzeGreekGod

Post by BronzeGreekGod » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:39 am

Diccolo-420 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:43 pm hey guys sorry I forgot about 44, I had some stuff to take care of that just got me too burned out.

awesome thanks!

also, i was wondering... is there any chance that you have the voice audio and music audio of your episode edits separated anywhere? and if yes, would u be willing to share both files separately for episode 12?

I'm working on a mini project, adding "its oVER NINE THOUSANNNNDDDDDD" to the episode instead of the currently used dub for that, and if i could have the voice and music separated it would help a lot!

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:55 am

BronzeGreekGod wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:39 am
Diccolo-420 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:43 pm hey guys sorry I forgot about 44, I had some stuff to take care of that just got me too burned out.

awesome thanks!

also, i was wondering... is there any chance that you have the voice audio and music audio of your episode edits separated anywhere? and if yes, would u be willing to share both files separately for episode 12?

I'm working on a mini project, adding "its oVER NINE THOUSANNNNDDDDDD" to the episode instead of the currently used dub for that, and if i could have the voice and music separated it would help a lot!

unfortunately I think I deleted my faulconer archive, but I can send you musicless copies of the audio. I actually was hoping to get the over 9000 thing in my edits and never was able to figure that one out! I'll send something your way when I get the chance!

BronzeGreekGod

Post by BronzeGreekGod » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:03 pm

Diccolo-420 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:55 am
BronzeGreekGod wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:39 am

awesome thanks!

unfortunately I think I deleted my faulconer archive, but I can send you musicless copies of the audio. I actually was hoping to get the over 9000 thing in my edits and never was able to figure that one out! I'll send something your way when I get the chance!
oh really? if u ever did it that would be amazing! You could probably do a better job than me lol

but for now, one of the other problems i have is that separating the over 9000 vocas from the tv aired version of kai doesn't sound great for me (i can work with it, but it could be better). i duno if u could do a better job on that than i can? i can get a better product if you could do that for me.

also, if by some miracle u could find your music scoring for the episode ,that would be incredible. but if not, i can definitely still do a much better job with even just the isolated voices.

and lastly, if you can only get me the vocals, could u tell me the music you used right around the over 9000 part? if i could get the songs for when goku is charging up, and then also anything that comes after up to about... lets say where nappa says "nobody intimidates nappa", that would also be really helpful for my blending.

BronzeGreekGod

Post by BronzeGreekGod » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:50 pm

Diccolo-420 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:55 am
Hey i also had a small bone to pick with you :P

I'm kidding, but I was wondering, i havent watched all of your kai scoring yet, but i found some areas that dont seem to match up with the original scoring. i particularly noticed this during gohan vs cell (and especially the cell jrs). Is there a reason u chose to go off the original scoring? I feel like those scenes are really missing something without the original tracks.

Underscore_Johny

Post by Underscore_Johny » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:31 pm

I was just looking through this post, when I noticed that some people mentioned that Episode 44 was missing, with Diccolo stating that he would reupload it again sometime in the future, but given how it's been over a month since then, I thought that I would temporarily upload it myself for those that are impatient, until he does so himself (then I'll probably delete it), so here you go: https://mega.nz/file/SU4TxJbL#os4Hk8LdZ ... qrTqnvKpbg

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:31 pm

Thanks for the assist, I was having trouble finding my drive with all of my files on it, got lost in my garage

Underscore_Johny

Post by Underscore_Johny » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:25 pm

Diccolo-420 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:31 pm Thanks for the assist, I was having trouble finding my drive with all of my files on it, got lost in my garage
No problem man. I just thought I might as well upload it since I was lucky enough to have the files from before they got taken down by Mega. :)

SuperSayainSnape

Post by SuperSayainSnape » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:42 am

I'm a total n00b and haven't ripped anything in my life, but for Dragon Ball Z, I will learn!

But I do have a question. Will any version of the Kai Blu Ray work? Or will I need to get, specifically, parts 1-11. Or seasons 1-7. I think I understand that either way, it has got to be the Blu Ray.

I'm thinking about buying the Kai series and want to make sure I buy the right things so I can use this Faulconer revival.

Thank you for making this. This will be my definitive way of watching the show!

Ghosty64

Post by Ghosty64 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:42 pm

SuperSayainSnape wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:42 am I'm a total n00b and haven't ripped anything in my life, but for Dragon Ball Z, I will learn!

But I do have a question. Will any version of the Kai Blu Ray work? Or will I need to get, specifically, parts 1-11. Or seasons 1-7. I think I understand that either way, it has got to be the Blu Ray.

I'm thinking about buying the Kai series and want to make sure I buy the right things so I can use this Faulconer revival.

Thank you for making this. This will be my definitive way of watching the show!
You can use any of the Kai Blu-Rays, IIRC. I could be wrong, but I think all the timing is still the same. Whether they have the Kikuchi or Yamamoto score is kinda irrelevant. Hope this helps
Fan of Dragon Ball Z Kai | Mega-casual | Addicted to having several different soundtracks of the same show.

idknuttin

Post by idknuttin » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:12 pm

I know you're working on adding super's music to kai but are there any plans to add the faulconer score to the dragon box set?

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:01 pm

idknuttin wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:12 pm I know you're working on adding super's music to kai but are there any plans to add the faulconer score to the dragon box set?
No.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:29 pm

idknuttin wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:12 pm I know you're working on adding super's music to kai but are there any plans to add the faulconer score to the dragon box set?
That wouldn't really require anything special though. Anybody can just rip the audio from the season sets and sync them onto MKVs for the Dragon Box footage. I think the only hurdle would be making sure to attach the NEP audio to the season set rips so everything syncs properly
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:59 am

Cant say I agree with the musical choices for the Final Flash scene. I think you over thought it.
Cold World (Fanfic)

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:19 pm

Aw man, that slowed down version of Super Saiyan Vegetas theme during his sacrifice gave me goosebumps.
Cold World (Fanfic)

uzuni
Beyond Newbie

Post by uzuni » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:09 pm

How were you able to strip the dialogue from the music in the original mix?

If there is a means, I will undertake a new project myself. Namely, applying Kai's dub to Z.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:58 pm

uzuni wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:09 pm How were you able to strip the dialogue from the music in the original mix?

If there is a means, I will undertake a new project myself. Namely, applying Kai's dub to Z.
The dubs are mixed in 5.1. I'm pretty sure anyone versed in audio programs could rip the dialogue audio from the mix.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:27 pm

For those of you having issues accessing the files, it should be working again. apparently 4shared deactivated my account since I hadn't accessed it in so long

If anything like that happens again and people having issues, please PM me
jjgp1112 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:59 am Cant say I agree with the musical choices for the Final Flash scene. I think you over thought it.
Not gonna disagree, looking back there are plenty of scenes I would have scored differently with what I know now :lol:

Buutama42

Post by Buutama42 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:21 am

Before your YT channel had gotten taken down, there was one theme called "Kai Faulconer Vegeta's Sacrifice Theme." It sounds like a remix. If it is, I want to know: who did the remix?