[DONE] Dragon Ball Z Kai: Bruce Faulconer/American OST Edition

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Re: [DONE] Dragon Ball Z Kai: Bruce Faulconer/American OST Edition

Post by Diccolo-420 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:18 am

Yeah I'll try and get them up somewhere else, right now I gotta re-rip them from the video files and I gotta wait till I get back home for my system so expect at least a couple of weeks.

Sorry guys

zaid34108

Post by zaid34108 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:04 pm

A Big thanks to Diccolo-420 for the audio files that were provided

Got a batch script working for replacing all audio streams from the old kai files you have with the new streams here.
Notes:
  • MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR OLD VIDEO AND AUDIO FILES IN A SEPERATE FOLDER
  • DO NOT RUN THE BAT FILE TWICE OR IT WILL DELETE ALL FILES OTHER THAN ITSELF IN THE FOLDER (this is due to it deleting the old video files in order to replace them with the newly created ones)
  • This process may not be perfect since I'm inexperienced working with bat files. However, I have tested it multiple times and have not had any issues
  • The audio and video file MUST be the exact same name, with the only difference being the extension. For e.g Dragon Ball Kai - 001.mkv for the video file and Dragon Ball Kai - 001.ac3 for the audio file.There are a lot of ways to batch rename the files to have the same names in the correct order.
  • If the video file formats you have are not mkv and are instead something else such as mp4, replace all "mkv" appearances in the bat file with the format of the video you have
  • If the audio file formats you have are not ac3 and are instead something else such as mp3, replace all "ac3" appearances in the bat file with the format of the audio you have
  • The bat file(detailed below), audio and video files must be in the same folder.
  • The bat will delete the old videos after replacing the audio, if you wish to retain both versions of the video files, remove the first 2 lines in the bat file starting with "del" and the line starting with "ren"
Steps to batch replace audio with new preferred audio:
  • Rename audio and video files to be exactly the same based on the episode they are for and place them in the same folder
  • In the same folder, right click > new > text document. Rename this file to anything, and change its extension to .bat
  • On the bat file, right click > edit and in the notepad window opened up, paste the following text:

@echo off
    for %%A IN ("*.mkv*") DO (
    ffmpeg -i "%%~nA".mkv -codec copy -an -shortest "%%~nA"2.mkv
    ffmpeg -i "%%~nA"2.mkv -i "%%~nA".ac3 -codec copy -shortest "%%~nA"3.mkv
    del "%%~nA".mkv
    del "%%~nA".ac3
    del "%%~nA"2.mkv
    del "%%~nA"2.ac3
    ren "%%~nA"3.mkv "%%~nA".mkv
    )
    pause

REMEMBER, IF YOU WANT TO KEEP OLD VIDEO FILES TO FOLLOW THE STEPS IN THE NOTES ABOVE
Test the files to make sure they match up correctly.

And once again, a big thank you to Diccolo-420 for the audio files

ManOfWrath

Post by ManOfWrath » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:27 am

First I want to say thank you for what you've done, you've provided (in my opinion) THE definitive DBZ experience! I really hope you can re-upload the audio files as soon as you can, it would only be my bad luck that my old laptop would get stolen and THIS is the only thing I can't recover :lolno:

DBFan1995

Post by DBFan1995 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:55 pm

I really hope that you can reupload the video files I have two of the audio files right before MEGA remove them and are the FLAC versions and I have some of the audio files FLAC version on a hard drive.

TheExodu5

Post by TheExodu5 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:20 pm

Subscribing. :)

I am really, really looking forward to being able to do this! I've been rewatching DB thanks to Kakarot coming out, but I really want to experience Kai with the Faulconer soundtrack.

Trebrick

Post by Trebrick » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:29 pm

Diccolo-420 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:18 am Yeah I'll try and get them up somewhere else, right now I gotta re-rip them from the video files and I gotta wait till I get back home for my system so expect at least a couple of weeks.

Sorry guys

First off, diccolo-420 thanks for all the hard work! Found this about six months ago and everything sounds great. But something has been stuck in my head since then, just a couple of seconds in episode 9 dont sound right to me. It could be how my system is interpreting the flac, but yah. At around 4:27-4:35 when vegeta and nappa take off in flight something just doesnt sound right with the sound effects especially the initial one. When compared to original z, japanese, and orig kai, somethings off. Not trying to nitpick, its just been bugging me lol. Any way you could take a look? Hopefully it isnt your preference it sounds that way, otherwise, my bad hah. But again, everything besides that is awesome, thanks!
Oh, one last thing any way to add two tracks for the infamous “OVER 9000!” I know its 8000 in others but it doesnt have same effect for me

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:54 am

I'm currently looking for alternatives to Mega for storage, since it will likely get striked if I just re up it there. Any suggestions are welcome

Trebrick wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:29 pm
Diccolo-420 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:18 am Yeah I'll try and get them up somewhere else, right now I gotta re-rip them from the video files and I gotta wait till I get back home for my system so expect at least a couple of weeks.

Sorry guys

First off, diccolo-420 thanks for all the hard work! Found this about six months ago and everything sounds great. But something has been stuck in my head since then, just a couple of seconds in episode 9 dont sound right to me. It could be how my system is interpreting the flac, but yah. At around 4:27-4:35 when vegeta and nappa take off in flight something just doesnt sound right with the sound effects especially the initial one. When compared to original z, japanese, and orig kai, somethings off. Not trying to nitpick, its just been bugging me lol. Any way you could take a look? Hopefully it isnt your preference it sounds that way, otherwise, my bad hah. But again, everything besides that is awesome, thanks!
Oh, one last thing any way to add two tracks for the infamous “OVER 9000!” I know its 8000 in others but it doesnt have same effect for me
Sound FX can be a bit messy because in replacing the music there also was loss of sfx. I managed to restore some, but occassionally there were instances where there was just no hope.

As for any further edits, there won't be any at this point.

Hardik01

Post by Hardik01 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:34 am

Diccolo-420 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:54 am I'm currently looking for alternatives to Mega for storage, since it will likely get striked if I just re up it there. Any suggestions are welcome

Trebrick wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:29 pm

Sorry guys

Sound FX can be a bit messy because in replacing the music there also was loss of sfx. I managed to restore some, but occassionally there were instances where there was just no hope.

4shared and sugarsync are few alternative u can try.

Trebrick

Post by Trebrick » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:19 am

Diccolo-420 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:54 am I'm currently looking for alternatives to Mega for storage, since it will likely get striked if I just re up it there. Any suggestions are welcome
Trebrick wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:29 pm First off, diccolo-420 thanks for all the hard work! Found this about six months ago and everything sounds great. But something has been stuck in my head since then, just a couple of seconds in episode 9 dont sound right to me. It could be how my system is interpreting the flac, but yah. At around 4:27-4:35 when vegeta and nappa take off in flight something just doesnt sound right with the sound effects especially the initial one. When compared to original z, japanese, and orig kai, somethings off. Not trying to nitpick, its just been bugging me lol. Any way you could take a look? Hopefully it isnt your preference it sounds that way, otherwise, my bad hah. But again, everything besides that is awesome, thanks!

Yah can see how thatd all be difficult when switching one or the other for sure. I remember reading about it in your op. Thing is I'm almost certain theres no music playing during or immediately before or after.
Anyways, looking forward to getting the rest of the files i dont have.

Masquerade
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Masquerade » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:44 pm

Google drive?

Though you could just use a torrent if you really want to be safe about it.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:14 pm

Google Drive is definitely the smartest route, I'd say.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

introsting

Post by introsting » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:16 pm

i just found the recut version of kai made by the milk man and i remembered how much i liked this project. Any chances of rescoring that too? I don't know if it's too much to ask for but that recut reduces the fillers as much as possible and is also uncensored

found here

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:59 am

New development guys, looks like youtube has suspended my account soooo no more uploads on there I guess lmao.

Should have figured this would happen someday given how anal Toei is, but it was a good run.

Don't worry, I'll still be uploading the files at some point. Right now I have to find the time since I'm hardly home anymore.

Ghosty64

Post by Ghosty64 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:35 am

No worries, take your time. I'm super interested in finally getting the Faulconer score on Kai, so I'll personally be very excited to see it in the episodes for myself once you get them reuploaded.

RIP to your channel, though.
Fan of Dragon Ball Z Kai | Mega-casual | Addicted to having several different soundtracks of the same show.

ManOfWrath

Post by ManOfWrath » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:43 pm

Fuckin Toei. Given the amount of trouble they give Team Four Star I knew they'd hit you eventually. I'll still be waiting for an upload from you, I've been seriously anticipating it!

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:48 pm

ManOfWrath wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:43 pm Fuckin Toei. Given the amount of trouble they give Team Four Star I knew they'd hit you eventually. I'll still be waiting for an upload from you, I've been seriously anticipating it!
What he was doing wasn't exactly transformative in nature to apply fair use laws, so it's no surprise they took his channel down if all he was doing was uploading videos with alternate scores. TFS' stuff is also a full parody series, so there's more of a grey area that they exist in. They're not really comparable.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Hardik01

Post by Hardik01 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:36 pm

Any update??

TatumJay

Post by TatumJay » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:19 pm

Hopefully soon. I was halfway through a Kai Faulconer cut-up. Listen to our pleas, Master Diccolo!

gnobe

Post by gnobe » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:34 am

Oh man I found this too late. I have my fingers crossed that you can make it available again soon - this sounds like it would be my preferred way to watch Kai. Thank you for all of your effort putting it together, it must have been a tremendous amount of work.

Masquerade
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Masquerade » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:37 pm

Diccolo-420 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:59 am Don't worry, I'll still be uploading the files at some point. Right now I have to find the time since I'm hardly home anymore.
At least there's a plus side to this pandemic.

LOL