[WIP] Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: [WIP] Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:16 pm

armyandstuff wrote:Could I make a request for two edits to be made? There's two scenes in kai I've wanted to see with different music, and I wanted to combine them with the rest of your kikuchi score edits.
Sure I can have them up on my youtube what are your requests?
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

armyandstuff
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:12 pm

Re: [WIP] Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival

Post by armyandstuff » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:03 pm

thanks, my requests are Hikari No Willpower playing when Trunks is fighting Cell as shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSoELpHNVL0 (you can basically line up the music with The Lone Warrior song)
and my second request is a bit more strange, but incredibly epic. Basically I would like to see an edit when cell is fighting gohan in ther kamehameha beam struggle, and just as Gohan unleashes all of his strength the song Heroic Face Off starts playing at about 2:25 and finishes the rest of the song with Cell being obliterated. I even timed it and the song finishes off just as Cell disappears in space perfectly. also if you could do it with that edit you did earlier of Goku screaming NOW'S YOUR CHANCE!! then that would be even better.
and also yes, uploading them on youtube would be fine.

User avatar
IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: [WIP] Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:13 pm

armyandstuff wrote:thanks, my requests are Hikari No Willpower playing when Trunks is fighting Cell as shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSoELpHNVL0 (you can basically line up the music with The Lone Warrior song)
and my second request is a bit more strange, but incredibly epic. Basically I would like to see an edit when cell is fighting gohan in ther kamehameha beam struggle, and just as Gohan unleashes all of his strength the song Heroic Face Off starts playing at about 2:25 and finishes the rest of the song with Cell being obliterated. I even timed it and the song finishes off just as Cell disappears in space perfectly. also if you could do it with that edit you did earlier of Goku screaming NOW'S YOUR CHANCE!! then that would be even better.
and also yes, uploading them on youtube would be fine.
Sure, Ill try to have it done before this weekend because I am going to go on vacation and wont be back till August
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

armyandstuff
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:12 pm

Re: [WIP] Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival

Post by armyandstuff » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:33 pm

sounds great, though I wouldn't really mind it if you chose to do it after your vacation, I probably won't start watching dbz kai again until a few months anyway.

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: [WIP] Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:34 am

How can I download your custom Dragon Ball Kai's TFC audio files? I think I checked just about every link and it takes me to 01-98 or less. At this point I don't even mind to watch Kai TFC dubbed in English as long as it has the Yamamoto or Kikuchi score.

User avatar
IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: [WIP] Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:00 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:How can I download your custom Dragon Ball Kai's TFC audio files? I think I checked just about every link and it takes me to 01-98 or less. At this point I don't even mind to watch Kai TFC dubbed in English as long as it has the Yamamoto or Kikuchi score.
Sorry Idk why the link wasnt there this whole time I swear to god I put the link there but its there now, however future episodes wont come yet as I have to deal with some school stuff
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: [WIP] Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:08 pm

Thank you so much and whenever you have time, release it. No rush.

The difference between Kai TFC with a Kikuchi score versus a Sumitomo score is like day and night. What was TOEI thinking when they hired Sumitomo!

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: [WIP] Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival

Post by Scsigs » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:32 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:Thank you so much and whenever you have time, release it. No rush.

The difference between Kai TFC with a Kikuchi score versus a Sumitomo score is like day and night. What was TOEI thinking when they hired Sumitomo!
They were thinking, "Hey, we hired this guy for Battle of Gods & we're thinking of having him on for the next movie, so let's keep him under our employ by having him do the rest of Kai!" I do, however, think it was decent practice for Super, though. Some of the pieces of music he wrote for Kai got brought back in Super, like the Vegito music. However, I think he should've just made redone versions of the Kikuchi score, or at least homaged it, for the rest of it to keep musical consistency between the 2 eras of Kai. That would've been better than what sounds like discount Bruce Falconer music from Buu's Fury, but what's done is done, unfortunately. At least projects like the Crash Bandicoot & Spyro remakes kept the original music by rerecording them. Hell, Spyro has Stewart Copeland assisting with the newer versions of the tracks, while also retaining his original score as an alternate to it. But, I digress.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
TFS getting shafted from the Kai TFC dub is a great travesty.
GT sucks, get over it if you disagree.
We'll see what happens to Vic.
Um...Listen to Waterparks.
That is all.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: [WIP] Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:58 pm

IHaveNoUsername,

Gotta ask, why's the audio files in MP4 format rather than AC3, M4A (AAC) or MP3? MP4 is usually a video format.
Scsigs wrote:They were thinking, "Hey, we hired this guy for Battle of Gods & we're thinking of having him on for the next movie, so let's keep him under our employ by having him do the rest of Kai!" I do, however, think it was decent practice for Super, though. Some of the pieces of music he wrote for Kai got brought back in Super, like the Vegito music. However, I think he should've just made redone versions of the Kikuchi score, or at least homaged it, for the rest of it to keep musical consistency between the 2 eras of Kai. That would've been better than what sounds like discount Bruce Falconer music from Buu's Fury, but what's done is done, unfortunately. At least projects like the Crash Bandicoot & Spyro remakes kept the original music by rerecording them. Hell, Spyro has Stewart Copeland assisting with the newer versions of the tracks, while also retaining his original score as an alternate to it. But, I digress.
To be fair, you're right. Still, I can't stand Sumitomo's music on Kai TFC but it's passable on BoG, RF and Super, and hopefully he'll finally get it together on Broly's new movie.

User avatar
IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: [WIP] Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:11 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:IHaveNoUsername,

Gotta ask, why's the audio files in MP4 format rather than AC3, M4A (AAC) or MP3? MP4 is usually a video format.
Scsigs wrote:They were thinking, "Hey, we hired this guy for Battle of Gods & we're thinking of having him on for the next movie, so let's keep him under our employ by having him do the rest of Kai!" I do, however, think it was decent practice for Super, though. Some of the pieces of music he wrote for Kai got brought back in Super, like the Vegito music. However, I think he should've just made redone versions of the Kikuchi score, or at least homaged it, for the rest of it to keep musical consistency between the 2 eras of Kai. That would've been better than what sounds like discount Bruce Falconer music from Buu's Fury, but what's done is done, unfortunately. At least projects like the Crash Bandicoot & Spyro remakes kept the original music by rerecording them. Hell, Spyro has Stewart Copeland assisting with the newer versions of the tracks, while also retaining his original score as an alternate to it. But, I digress.
To be fair, you're right. Still, I can't stand Sumitomo's music on Kai TFC but it's passable on BoG, RF and Super, and hopefully he'll finally get it together on Broly's new movie.
Thats the AAC format thats the only way I can get AAC through sony vegas
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: [WIP] Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 am

Many thanks for your efforts. I'll be waiting patiently for the next episodes.

I'm still waiting all these years to watch Pocket Monsters original series subbed. :P

armyandstuff
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:12 pm

Re: [WIP] Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival

Post by armyandstuff » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:11 pm

IHaveNoUserName wrote:
armyandstuff wrote:thanks, my requests are Hikari No Willpower playing when Trunks is fighting Cell as shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSoELpHNVL0 (you can basically line up the music with The Lone Warrior song)
and my second request is a bit more strange, but incredibly epic. Basically I would like to see an edit when cell is fighting gohan in ther kamehameha beam struggle, and just as Gohan unleashes all of his strength the song Heroic Face Off starts playing at about 2:25 and finishes the rest of the song with Cell being obliterated. I even timed it and the song finishes off just as Cell disappears in space perfectly. also if you could do it with that edit you did earlier of Goku screaming NOW'S YOUR CHANCE!! then that would be even better.
and also yes, uploading them on youtube would be fine.
Sure, Ill try to have it done before this weekend because I am going to go on vacation and wont be back till August
did you finish those requests I asked for earlier, because it's fine if you decided not to do them, but I wanna know just in case cause I think I might be able to do it myself.

User avatar
IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: [WIP] Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:32 pm

armyandstuff wrote:
IHaveNoUserName wrote:
armyandstuff wrote:thanks, my requests are Hikari No Willpower playing when Trunks is fighting Cell as shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSoELpHNVL0 (you can basically line up the music with The Lone Warrior song)
and my second request is a bit more strange, but incredibly epic. Basically I would like to see an edit when cell is fighting gohan in ther kamehameha beam struggle, and just as Gohan unleashes all of his strength the song Heroic Face Off starts playing at about 2:25 and finishes the rest of the song with Cell being obliterated. I even timed it and the song finishes off just as Cell disappears in space perfectly. also if you could do it with that edit you did earlier of Goku screaming NOW'S YOUR CHANCE!! then that would be even better.
and also yes, uploading them on youtube would be fine.
Sure, Ill try to have it done before this weekend because I am going to go on vacation and wont be back till August
did you finish those requests I asked for earlier, because it's fine if you decided not to do them, but I wanna know just in case cause I think I might be able to do it myself.
I'm gonna be dead honest I was going to do it when you told me to but I was so busy with packing for vacation and all of that, I'm gonna be busy for next week so I should be able to do it next week saturday
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

armyandstuff
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:12 pm

Re: [WIP] Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival

Post by armyandstuff » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:14 pm

IHaveNoUserName wrote:
armyandstuff wrote:
IHaveNoUserName wrote: Sure, Ill try to have it done before this weekend because I am going to go on vacation and wont be back till August
did you finish those requests I asked for earlier, because it's fine if you decided not to do them, but I wanna know just in case cause I think I might be able to do it myself.
I'm gonna be dead honest I was going to do it when you told me to but I was so busy with packing for vacation and all of that, I'm gonna be busy for next week so I should be able to do it next week saturday
okay, thank you :D

User avatar
MistaL
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:28 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: [WIP] Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival

Post by MistaL » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:25 pm

Did an edit of this edit to replace the original Unmei no Hi with TeamFourStar's cover, since I actually really like it a lot despite not really being a fan of them.
https://mega.nz/#!D9kzUSaI!nktkVGm76gS0 ... IYzipPBmO0

User avatar
IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: [WIP] Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:47 pm

MistaL wrote:Did an edit of this edit to replace the original Unmei no Hi with TeamFourStar's cover, since I actually really like it a lot despite not really being a fan of them.
https://mega.nz/#!D9kzUSaI!nktkVGm76gS0 ... IYzipPBmO0
Tbh not really a fan of the cover, also if you're reading this guys, I will begin updated the first 98 episodes to make my revival the best it can possibly be before I do more work with tfc
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

Forte224
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1343
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: [WIP] Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival

Post by Forte224 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:01 am

IHaveNoUserName wrote:
MistaL wrote:Did an edit of this edit to replace the original Unmei no Hi with TeamFourStar's cover, since I actually really like it a lot despite not really being a fan of them.
https://mega.nz/#!D9kzUSaI!nktkVGm76gS0 ... IYzipPBmO0
Tbh not really a fan of the cover, also if you're reading this guys, I will begin updated the first 98 episodes to make my revival the best it can possibly be before I do more work with tfc
That's great! I can't wait!

User avatar
IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: [WIP] Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:44 pm

Made a typo and cant fix my post so I am going to update the first 98 episodes, should be done by the middle of October
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: [WIP] Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:22 pm

IHaveNoUserName wrote:Tbh not really a fan of the cover, also if you're reading this guys, I will begin updated the first 98 episodes to make my revival the best it can possibly be before I do more work with tfc
That's fair and it wouldn't quite fit in because Day of Fate ~Spirit VS Spirit~ is a DBZ song, not a DBK one.

User avatar
DBSEng
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:28 am

Re: [WIP] Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival

Post by DBSEng » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:58 pm

Wow! This project is looking even better than the last time I logged on! Keep up the good work!
Hi, I'm "Dragon Ball Super English Dub" (Weird name huh)
YouTube Channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6-T-d ... DJdMCUUJyg
My current project is- viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41089

Post Reply