[Documentary?] The Story of Dragonball AF

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FoolsGil
I Live Here

[Documentary?] The Story of Dragonball AF

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:42 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBI8p2bEj34

Did you guys know the original creator of Dragonball AF goes by Tablos?!!! And is still working on his version of Dragonball AF? Wow, just wow.

danyq94

Re: [Documentary?] The Story of Dragonball AF

Post by danyq94 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:00 pm

FoolsGil wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBI8p2bEj34

Did you guys know the original creator of Dragonball AF goes by Tablos?!!! And is still working on his version of Dragonball AF? Wow, just wow.
The original ssj5

The original "Tablos"

Now let's look in detail:

The old version created doubts about the fact that it was Goku because it has slightly different features, while the David Montiel Franco version is clearly a Goku ss3, the cheek-chin area protrudes differently.

So sincerely no, I do not think that the creation of that art comes from this guy.
In fact, I think he wanted to get some fame in the web.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:12 pm

danyq94 wrote:
So sincerely no, I do not think that the creation of that art comes from this guy.
So this guy waited 2 decades in complete obscurity in the hopes someone like Geekdom101 will find him, so then he could take credit for being the true mastermind of Dragonball AF? Why didn't he reveal himself years ago? Why would he wait for the one in a hundred chance someone would take time to research AF to such a degree to seek him out specifically, just to say "Yes, I did it, 20 years after the fact?"

If I was running a con, I would have said something when those 3 Dragonball AF series' were still being done, not when AF is long dead and that if anyone ever saw my stuff on instagram they'd think it was just another common dragonball fanartist.

danyq94

Post by danyq94 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:10 am

FoolsGil wrote:
danyq94 wrote:
So this guy waited 2 decades in complete obscurity in the hopes someone like Geekdom101 will find him, so then he could take credit for being the true mastermind of Dragonball AF? Why didn't he reveal himself years ago? Why would he wait for the one in a hundred chance someone would take time to research AF to such a degree to seek him out specifically, just to say "Yes, I did it, 20 years after the fact?"

If I was running a con, I would have said something when those 3 Dragonball AF series' were still being done, not when AF is long dead and that if anyone ever saw my stuff on instagram they'd think it was just another common dragonball fanartist.
In fact, this story is known well before the video of Geekdom, something like 2014.

And yes, in my opinion he is not the true creator of the artwork. I showed those comparison images for a reason.

I do not say that the image of the ssj5 was real, only that it is not made by this guy. The differences are noticeable, if you look good.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:46 am

danyq94 wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
danyq94 wrote:

In fact, this story is known well before the video of Geekdom, something like 2014.

And yes, in my opinion he is not the true creator of the artwork. I showed those comparison images for a reason.

I do not say that the image of the ssj5 was real, only that it is not made by this guy. The differences are noticeable, if you look good.

If you don't believe that this is the original artist, fine I can understand and respect your argument, but if you're going to throw accusations, make sure the argument makes sense, no one is waiting to become famous for something that that started late 90s and lost steam early 2000s.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:46 pm

As far as i know with all the research I've done - its the same guy. He has not said otherwise, but its also very hard to speak to Tablos directly.

Also, even though this may SEEM like a common story the hardcore fans know, a LOT, and i do mean a LOT of DB Fans have been confused about this for years, specially with jiji and toyble which is why I did this video; because even fans who have tons of knowledge always got the two mixed up.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:33 am

I started followed Tablos three social media account, for keeping in touch with his work, there are several character design who are imo amazing.

And thanks for the video Geekdom101
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:02 pm

This is old news (6 years old to be precise). Check this thread for the actual first place where this fact was discovered.