Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RedHeat
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by RedHeat » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:48 am

I only really like watching Geekdom and Ajay. 1/3 of 'em are click-bait trash and the another 1/3 complain endlessly about the the state of the franchise, otherwise.
Feels over Reals.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:52 pm

RedHeat wrote:I only really like watching Geekdom and Ajay. 1/3 of 'em are click-bait trash and the another 1/3 complain endlessly about the the state of the franchise, otherwise.
Thanks! That means a lot to me.

Try out MistareFusion - I think you'd like him. And Blackenfist too, hes the opposite of the 2/3s guys you mentioned.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:29 pm

The Main ones I have watched the most, are still subscribed and still watch their various videos even to today are below! :thumbup:

CantStopAmani!
He has a Great Enthusiasms for what he is a fan of, great with his subscribers and we tend to like the same things out of the DB Franchise!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtRWbu ... StVomi45_Q

MasakoX!
I like he has various discussion videos on topics DB fans wanted to see made videos of and he has a good independent mind with who and what he likes out of DB!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLKkPZ ... HCP_5ADtxg

The Fields Bros. - Anime World!
2 Nice Guys with Nice Discussion and Review Videos, always makes time to appreciated their subscribers and have discussions with them.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8F0tC ... g/featured

TR4G1C!
Very Cook Guy, Great enthusiasm, has one of the Best Art Skills I have seen on YouTube and gives allot of time to his subscribers!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW7djW ... AAgR1zwEQw

TeamFourStar!
Nothing More has to be said, these Guys are Legends! 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/TeamFourStar/featured

Kenpoarniceguy1!
They have Done only a Few DB Videos, but all are Creative, Funny and Nearly All of them are about Ribrianne and U2! :wink:
https://www.youtube.com/user/kenpoarniceguy1/videos
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:32 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
RedHeat wrote:I only really like watching Geekdom and Ajay. 1/3 of 'em are click-bait trash and the another 1/3 complain endlessly about the the state of the franchise, otherwise.
Thanks! That means a lot to me.

Try out MistareFusion - I think you'd like him. And Blackenfist too, hes the opposite of the 2/3s guys you mentioned.
Very kind of you, friend. Thank you, as always.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

SmugStick
Patreon Supporter

Post by SmugStick » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:25 pm

I’m a Dragon ball youtuber myself, almost at 10k subs. I try to make informative stuff though apperantly that doesn’t get views much, so what if stories I where I go to nowadays. I only really enjoy Ajay and dragon Ball dissection. Everyone else is okay to awful
My immortal Phoenix died of food poisoning

Missions complete:
All Of Kai
All DB on DVD
Current Missions:
Dragon Boxes (Funi)
GT season 1

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8udQV ... 4GFPrFEPzg
Twitter https://twitter.com/SmugStick

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:18 am

Recently I've been going to Youtube a bit more than usual for Dragon Ball videos, I find it's difficult to find a youtuber who produces consistently interesting content, but the beauty of Youtube is there is so much choice. My main gripe with it are the Youtubers who seem to make the videos for the sake of churning a video out every few days, I understand some people use this to supplement their living but come on, do you really have to make five 15 minute videos on a Gogeta datamine in XV2?

I also find the voice that some Youtubers use really puts me off, there must be a name for it, it's like they have read a buzz article on how to get more views and decided they need to use a specific voice. That's just a personal nitpick though.

Overall I prefer podcasts, but I will be checking out some of the Youtubers mentioned so far in this thread and maybe that can change my view.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:03 pm

Still with of course

-Teamfourstar
-Mistare Fusion/Gaffer Tape
-Ajay

Geekdom is alright. I dunno maybe doesn't always carry himself well, but sticks to the facts more than anything else so thumbs up.

Lost respect for Kaggy though. Dude carried himself like a shit head when talking with our own Ajay. There's disagreeing with Ajay on fair claims of tracing, and then there's being uncivil about it. It was clear having a friendship with the artist had a heavy bias against Ajay's claims. It was sorted about thankfully...but damn I did not expect the guy to handle himself so poorly, while Ajay was clearly the only adult. I hope Kaggy apologized for his shameless attitude to Ajay.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:22 am

Lanipator and Kaiser talked about the Broly 2018 movie a couple times super lax:

https://youtu.be/JkYKjbpAhNw
https://youtu.be/Vt16e2z3A7o

Suppose if there were anyone I would like to hear opinions from, not analysis, but their thoughts in general, it would be TFS.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:28 am

Italian dragon ball youtubers alla sucks, exception made for cavernadiplatone and ocelot db.
The other are :

A)Cancer gamers (xenoverse mods stories, dokkan shoppers)

B)Cancer "100 thing you don't know about" kid of you tubers, that more than often brings bus and and false facts (one once told that broly's pl is 260'000'000 kek)

People who talks shit about power scaling and power levels (just search for any livio marcone's video, and if you are used to power levels you'll get how much bullshit he brings to the table [for him, perfect cell = 105'000'000 and ssj cellgames goku = 120'000'000, and this Is alla i need to say to let You know his Level ad a power scaler])

The truly good ones, not counting the 2 I quoted, are like american (Seth the programmer, chuck the cyber Chuck , geekdom 101 and such)

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:29 pm

Re: Geekdom's new DBS Broly spoiler video:

If that leak is real, I think posting that video was a mistake. You kept the identity of your source secret, but you revealed your source to be an engineer working on one of the dubs. Toei has been super protective of this film considering all of the resources they put into it. There have been no major (accurate) leaks up to this point as far as I'm aware, so if leaks only happened once they sent the film out for dubbing, how do you think Toei would feel about that? Maybe they won't do anything, or maybe they'll delay the international release even longer for the next film. This kind of thing shows them that they can't trust their business partners to protect their IP. That affects everyone internationally, not just the people who are interested in spoilers. And for what? Clicks? So we can get spoilers a few days early? It's not like you're an anonymous random Youtube channel, so the chances of this showing up on Toei's radar is pretty good.

It's more than likely that nothing will happen, but I don't think it was worth the risk, especially since your channel has recently been in bad standing with Shueisha.

Timetraveller
Beyond Newbie

Post by Timetraveller » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:29 am

With the premiere of the film in Japan, a lot of Youtubers are trying to capitalize on this with clickbait videos and spoiler filled video titles and thumbnails. Can anyone give me a list of youtubers guilty of this so I can avoid them until the movie gets released over here? Sometimes watch a bit of Geekdom101 but have heard that his recent videos are full of spoiler titles, thumbnails etc. Can anyone confirm? What about any major DBZ related twitter accounts?

There's massive hype surrounding this film. The visuals are apparently amazing and they said they put a lot of effort into the plot. I really want to watch this spoiler free and would appreciate any heads up.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:05 pm

Timetraveller wrote:With the premiere of the film in Japan, a lot of Youtubers are trying to capitalize on this with clickbait videos and spoiler filled video titles and thumbnails. Can anyone give me a list of youtubers guilty of this so I can avoid them until the movie gets released over here? Sometimes watch a bit of Geekdom101 but have heard that his recent videos are full of spoiler titles, thumbnails etc. Can anyone confirm? What about any major DBZ related twitter accounts?

There's massive hype surrounding this film. The visuals are apparently amazing and they said they put a lot of effort into the plot. I really want to watch this spoiler free and would appreciate any heads up.
MaSTAR Tracer.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:09 am

Timetraveller wrote:With the premiere of the film in Japan, a lot of Youtubers are trying to capitalize on this with clickbait videos and spoiler filled video titles and thumbnails. Can anyone give me a list of youtubers guilty of this so I can avoid them until the movie gets released over here? Sometimes watch a bit of Geekdom101 but have heard that his recent videos are full of spoiler titles, thumbnails etc. Can anyone confirm? What about any major DBZ related twitter accounts?

"but have heard his recent videos are full of spoiler titles"

K...

let's look at the titles of my last 7 videos:

> Vegeta in Dragon Ball Super Broly VA Talks
> Galactic Patrol Prisoner Arc After DBS Broly Revealed
> Dragon Ball Super Spoilers Q&A
> Dragon Ball Super Broly is NOT the End
> Dragon Ball Super Broly Spoilers - In Depth Analysis
> Dragon Ball Super Broly Spoilers Full Story
> Miraculous Super Gogeta in Dragon Ball Super Card Game

Please tell me where there is a legitimate spoiler for the movie IN ANY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE TITLES. I PURPOSELY have NOT spoiled ANY Plot Points or scenes for the damn movie in the TITLE of ANY video I've done.

You might wanna stop "hearing" things from people dude... specially from people who don't even click my channel to see if I've spoiled ANYTHING in any title.

And PS - IN EVERY SINGLE Spoiler Video, I give NUMEROUS spoiler warnings.

Don't worry friend, you are safe to explore my inventory until January.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Son-Kakaroto
Temporarily Banned

Post by Son-Kakaroto » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:11 am

Geekdom101 wrote:

K...

Please tell me where there is a legitimate spoiler for the movie IN ANY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE TITLES. I PURPOSELY have NOT spoiled ANY Plot Points or scenes for the damn movie in the TITLE of ANY video I've done.

You might wanna stop "hearing" things from people dude... specially from people who don't even click my channel to see if I've spoiled ANYTHING in any title.

Woah, geekdom! Huge fan. I just wanted to say I appreciate your work so much, you make great content and I hope you get better from your sickness so you can keep it up. They just leaked the manga chp 42 and it looks really interesting. Can't wait to see your review on that.
Anyway bro, i'm a huge fan and thank you so much for what you've done for the dragon ball community. You've educated me on so much, and find you the most trust-worthy source for news and I enjoy your discussion and analysis vids as well. Keep it up!

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:07 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:

MaSTAR Tracer.
Agreed. TotallyNotMark has actually made a video calling him out on that, showing numerous examples.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:30 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:Doesn't "Dragon Ball Hype." have his videos monetized? It's essentially trailers, clips, photos, games and so on about official Dragon Ball merchandise. I thought that was against the rules or something.
Jackalope89 wrote:I guess you could say TotallyNotMark called out MaStar on his tracing, translations, and what not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GTGAn9j1xk&t=208s
Never liked MaStar as he's a plagiarizer but neither Mark anyway, he thinks he's funny and made a video about how terrible the Bang Zoom dub of Dragon Ball Super which I completely disagree. I guess it's typical, YouTuber are clickbaiters who need videos, likes and shares to keep on the horse going.

I understand disliking TotallyNotMark, but how is he just a clickbaiter? The only thing you cited was him saying that he thought the Bang Zoom dub was awful, but I don't see how that's clickbait, just an opinion different from yours.
Geekdom101 wrote:

K...

Damn, I didn't know Vegeta's going to be in the film! Might as well not even watch the movie now.......... :P

GreatJaiyaman
Banned

Post by GreatJaiyaman » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:42 am

Some of them are internet dictators going on other peoples videos correcting people in the comments. Even if they are correct it can still be annoying.
VegettoEX is a snowflake

NewKakarot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NewKakarot » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:20 am

I like Geekdom101 because he is very informative. Unfortunately I stopped following him because I wanted to avoid spoilers for Super. I still check out his channel from time to time, for things like Dragon Ball In-Depth. I've always liked learning new things about Dragon Ball, and he's got me covered there

But my personal favorite is MistareFusion, for his Dragon Ball Dissection series. I didn't discover his series until last year, but I became an instant fan. I love watching analytical videos, so I felt like I found a gold mine when I first stumbled DBD. Plus he's informative as well

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:11 am

I have to Give Great Credit to Tuber Geekdom101 on one of his most recent Videos I just saw;

GOKU AND FRIEZA'S REUNION! Dragon Ball Super Episode 93 ENGLISH DUB Discussion!

What I Personally enjoyed most in this video was how he went into detail why the Voice Actress for Brianne/Ribrianne ~ Veronica Taylor, Kale ~ Dawn Bennett and Caulifla ~ Elizabeth Maxwell where so good and how Funmiation is hitting their Voice Actors Perfectly with who the characters they are voicing!

Like how Dawn Bennett Hits both the shy Kale and the Hulking-Out Kale so Amazingly as Geekdom says, she was ob Queen Levels. Then going into How My Favorite Brianne/Ribrianne has Veronica Taylor voicing her So Perfectly and the Joy it is to have Veronica on this show! Indeed for Fans of these Girls like Me and I know other fans as well, it was pleasant to hear a Tuber discussion what many of else already felt, that is Pride and Fandom for these Ladies and how Majorly Well they are Representing these Girls in Super and How well they will be representing them going forward with this level of skill they are bringing! :clap:

Also to Geekdom, as per one of you video Questions, Yes I am in the Club of Fans the Love Brianne/Ribrianne and Indeed it is an Honor to have such a Legend and such a Sweet Lady as You Described as Veronica Taylor voicing our Girl! :thumbup:

So indeed I give this Video a High Recommendation;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWRTs_M ... Xg&index=4
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:41 pm

Ok, so today I went on Youtube and Youtube really wanted me to check some DBZ/Super reaction videos. Idk why, cause I don't watch react videos ayway, but I clicked and oh my... Why would anyone even wanna watch this? It's shit. It's also pretty clear that if you're a good looking girl you have more views and more subs. I should have drank while watching it, cause now i just feel depressed. Also, sorry for saying mean stuff about most of the other DB youtubers in the past. Compared to this you're good.

Oh and if you enjoy those videos, good for you. You're way more stronger than I am.