Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
goku the krump dancer
I Live Here
Posts: 3001
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:34 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:24 am

I almost don't see how anyone could be apart of this site and go anywhere else for info, especially youtube! :P However in the midst of the shit storm of DB Youtubers ( Channels that are heavily Dragon Ball based or DB exclusive) to me, there are at least 3 that are worth paying any attention too.

For info and Updates - Geekdom handsdown, everyone else is TRASH and dumb to smoke.

For perspective and breakdowns - GafferTape (Mistare Fusion) and Totally Not Mark- Fun, professional and to the point! what more can I say?

Runner Ups:

MasakoX : TeamFourStar has a huge influence on the casual DB audience, so much so that it sorta stained the american fanbase with constant, ghost Nappa, senzu bean and dodge jokes ( Which all suck in my opinion ). They are a talented bunch though, sense I do enjoy some of there work just not NEARLY as much as some others do. MasakoX is a runner up because while his insight is pretty interesting, his execution is still DB-Abridged style heavy, with a reference thrown in either directly or indirectly every thirty seconds

Super Eye Patch Wolf : Great, great, GGGRRREEEAT video content! His Dragon Ball videos are highly insightful and fun. I'll link them for those who don't know who he is. The only downside ( if you can call it that) is that he isnt Dragon Ball exclusive. He has quality videos on many other anime genres, series and tropes. DOPE channel overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFFru4q_4H8 - WHY the "Z" Manga is Great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJK7oysHoMw - The Genius behind Dragon Ball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIh85_bCudk - What Shonen Jump was like pretty much before Dragon Ball redefined it!
It's not too late. One day, it will be.

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4240
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:11 pm

When Plague of Gripes is in the mood, he can really talk in depth about Dragonball. My favorite video is how he explains Toei and Toriyama's bias against Tenshinhan.
Dragonball Exiles Chapter One. Chapter Two In Production.

User avatar
Geekdom101
Regular
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:50 pm
Location: Universe 7
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:48 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:I almost don't see how anyone could be apart of this site and go anywhere else for info, especially youtube! :P However in the midst of the shit storm of DB Youtubers ( Channels that are heavily Dragon Ball based or DB exclusive) to me, there are at least 3 that are worth paying any attention too.

For info and Updates - Geekdom handsdown, everyone else is TRASH and dumb to smoke.
Thanks for the kind words, but I've never heard the term "dumb to smoke" lol.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

User avatar
Jackalope89
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 915
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:13 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
goku the krump dancer wrote:I almost don't see how anyone could be apart of this site and go anywhere else for info, especially youtube! :P However in the midst of the shit storm of DB Youtubers ( Channels that are heavily Dragon Ball based or DB exclusive) to me, there are at least 3 that are worth paying any attention too.

For info and Updates - Geekdom handsdown, everyone else is TRASH and dumb to smoke.
Thanks for the kind words, but I've never heard the term "dumb to smoke" lol.
Well, phrases like "murder you to death" with things like video games are cropping up. So "dumb to smoke" is just another.

Did watch you "Mary Sue" video just a little bit ago. Good video with Chuck.

And I may have been one of those saying Rey has been a Mary Sue since she first appeared... Caulifla, well, I can see it either way.

User avatar
Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by Brikikoz » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:22 am

I used to do review/reactions, but lost interest lately. Lot of the messages just got too creepy.

MonkeyKing16
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 6:47 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by MonkeyKing16 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:09 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFFru4q_4H8 - WHY the "Z" Manga is Great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJK7oysHoMw - The Genius behind Dragon Ball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIh85_bCudk - What Shonen Jump was like pretty much before Dragon Ball redefined it!
My favorite part is him describing the anatomy of the manga's sequential art. I really could do with more of that.

User avatar
Yuli Ban
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:07 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by Yuli Ban » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:27 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:I almost don't see how anyone could be apart of this site and go anywhere else for info, especially youtube! :P However in the midst of the shit storm of DB Youtubers ( Channels that are heavily Dragon Ball based or DB exclusive) to me, there are at least 3 that are worth paying any attention too.

For info and Updates - Geekdom handsdown, everyone else is TRASH and dumb to smoke.

For perspective and breakdowns - GafferTape (Mistare Fusion) and Totally Not Mark- Fun, professional and to the point! what more can I say?

Runner Ups:

MasakoX : TeamFourStar has a huge influence on the casual DB audience, so much so that it sorta stained the american fanbase with constant, ghost Nappa, senzu bean and dodge jokes ( Which all suck in my opinion ). They are a talented bunch though, sense I do enjoy some of there work just not NEARLY as much as some others do. MasakoX is a runner up because while his insight is pretty interesting, his execution is still DB-Abridged style heavy, with a reference thrown in either directly or indirectly every thirty seconds

Super Eye Patch Wolf : Great, great, GGGRRREEEAT video content! His Dragon Ball videos are highly insightful and fun. I'll link them for those who don't know who he is. The only downside ( if you can call it that) is that he isnt Dragon Ball exclusive. He has quality videos on many other anime genres, series and tropes. DOPE channel overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFFru4q_4H8 - WHY the "Z" Manga is Great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJK7oysHoMw - The Genius behind Dragon Ball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIh85_bCudk - What Shonen Jump was like pretty much before Dragon Ball redefined it!
All of whom provide me good mealtime videos. Especially Super Eye Patch Wolf, considering he breaks down various aspects of the history of anime and manga to go along with it.
May or may not be writing a Dragon Ball-inspired serial.

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1698
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by majinwarman » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:54 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
goku the krump dancer wrote:I almost don't see how anyone could be apart of this site and go anywhere else for info, especially youtube! :P However in the midst of the shit storm of DB Youtubers ( Channels that are heavily Dragon Ball based or DB exclusive) to me, there are at least 3 that are worth paying any attention too.

For info and Updates - Geekdom handsdown, everyone else is TRASH and dumb to smoke.
Thanks for the kind words, but I've never heard the term "dumb to smoke" lol.
Well, phrases like "murder you to death" with things like video games are cropping up. So "dumb to smoke" is just another.

Did watch you "Mary Sue" video just a little bit ago. Good video with Chuck.

And I may have been one of those saying Rey has been a Mary Sue since she first appeared... Caulifla, well, I can see it either way.
I really like Geekdom's video even if I don't agree with his opinions on things.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
GamerSkull
Regular
Posts: 520
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:45 pm
Location: United States

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by GamerSkull » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:44 pm

I guess I enjoy some of Hail Zeon's videos too.

But other than him and MistareFusion, I stay away from youtube channels that primarily talk about Dragon Ball.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

User avatar
Vegeta_Sama
Regular
Posts: 713
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:59 pm
Location: Capsule Corporation

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:04 am

GamerSkull wrote:I guess I enjoy some of Hail Zeon's videos too.

But other than him and MistareFusion, I stay away from youtube channels that primarily talk about Dragon Ball.
I think it comes down to your opinion on Super, since they're the only two who generally express a dislike towards it, while the others usually like it more.
My interpretation of the Dragon Ball Canon

User avatar
Jackalope89
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 915
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:10 pm

I'll be honest, I'm about to take TeamFourStar off of my list.

Outside of their abridged series, I'm not enjoying their content (to keep it simple).

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1698
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by majinwarman » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:15 am

Jackalope89 wrote:I'll be honest, I'm about to take TeamFourStar off of my list.

Outside of their abridged series, I'm not enjoying their content (to keep it simple).
They're fine to me. I watch their content from time to time.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
Vegeta_Sama
Regular
Posts: 713
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:59 pm
Location: Capsule Corporation

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:33 pm

majinwarman wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:I'll be honest, I'm about to take TeamFourStar off of my list.

Outside of their abridged series, I'm not enjoying their content (to keep it simple).
They're fine to me. I watch their content from time to time.
I think their best content besides DBZA is their gaming videos, especially when they play games with multiple ways to fuck everything up, like Hitman for example
My interpretation of the Dragon Ball Canon

User avatar
Jackalope89
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 915
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:34 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:I'll be honest, I'm about to take TeamFourStar off of my list.

Outside of their abridged series, I'm not enjoying their content (to keep it simple).
They're fine to me. I watch their content from time to time.
I think their best content besides DBZA is their gaming videos, especially when they play games with multiple ways to fuck everything up, like Hitman for example
I already have Achievement Hunter for that. 6 years of playing Minecraft, and most of them didn't know that a compass just points to your spawn (this after 20 minutes of yelling at each other, trying to follow the compass pointer).

User avatar
vegetaslegacy15
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: Brockton, MA, USA
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by vegetaslegacy15 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:54 pm

I watch anime ajay, tfs, and Masakox

Besides Them, every other db you tuber makes incredibly click-Baity videos(like geekdom and super Saiyan Paul) and they spread around misinformation and stupid fan theories that they treat as if they are facts.
Like I know people like videos like that but I cannot stand them. Masakox atleast makes it very clear when his videos are what ifs, fan theories, or speculation
Horgus wrote:NSSJ2O... Nitrogen Sulfur Shounen Jump Dioxide? :?
digireign wrote:I vote to call it "Super Cyan."
-zach

User avatar
IM21
Banned
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:45 am
Location: Hell

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by IM21 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:21 am

Ajay and MasakoX are pretty much the only ones i watch. I dont really care about the ones that make a video everytime Herms translates something.

User avatar
Geekdom101
Regular
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:50 pm
Location: Universe 7
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:13 am

vegetaslegacy15 wrote:I watch anime ajay, tfs, and Masakox

Besides Them, every other db you tuber makes incredibly click-Baity videos(like geekdom and super Saiyan Paul) and they spread around misinformation and stupid fan theories that they treat as if they are facts.
I've never done this even one time... I think you have me mixed up with someone else.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

User avatar
nato25
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1320
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by nato25 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:06 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
vegetaslegacy15 wrote:I watch anime ajay, tfs, and Masakox

Besides Them, every other db you tuber makes incredibly click-Baity videos(like geekdom and super Saiyan Paul) and they spread around misinformation and stupid fan theories that they treat as if they are facts.
I've never done this even one time... I think you have me mixed up with someone else.
Geekdom I appreciate that you come on the forums and defend yourself it's cool to see. For what it's worth I think your content is creative and for the most part 100% accurate. You've also done some really cool stuff like the Falconer interview and the Falconer productions doco. In all honesty I'm not a fan of the way you talk and your mannerisms, but the content is good enough that I'll watch despite that, you're a great source of info on YouTube. I think most people also give you a hard time for your mannerisms and speech but anyone that doubts your content is just ignorant.

User avatar
Cetra
I Live Here
Posts: 3856
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:01 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by Cetra » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:34 pm

nato25 wrote:I think most people also give you a hard time for your mannerisms and speech but anyone that doubts your content is just ignorant.
Anyone that doubts Big D's content is ignorant? He is not god, you know.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

User avatar
nato25
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1320
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by nato25 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:42 pm

Cetra wrote:
nato25 wrote:I think most people also give you a hard time for your mannerisms and speech but anyone that doubts your content is just ignorant.
Anyone that doubts Big D's content is ignorant? He is not god, you know.
From what I've seen his information is always accurate and well researched. Sure a lot of it is taken from Herms translations but he collates the info and puts it into a good format. I know he's not God, I clearly had my criticisms of him.

Post Reply