Super: I ain't no Hope of the Universe... [Fandub]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Super: I ain't no Hope of the Universe... [Fandub]

Post by El Diabeetus » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:05 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH6jrcAcN_s

A dub of the scene from yesterday's episode.

Voice:
El Diabeetus: Goku

Enjoy!

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Re: Super: I ain't no Hope of the Universe... [Fandub]

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:19 pm

That was pretty good.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:40 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:That was pretty good.
Thanks! Have had trouble with angry Goku in the past (happy go lucky I got down a while ago), so if I seem to have found the balance I’m glad!

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:14 am

Who wants to bet he’ll actually say that in the Funimation dub of that scene?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:07 am

Kataphrut wrote:Who wants to bet he’ll actually say that in the Funimation dub of that scene?
But it's technically true this time.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:29 am

Kataphrut wrote:Who wants to bet he’ll actually say that in the Funimation dub of that scene?
I would cry tears of joy.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:10 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
True, depending on how technically with the grammar Goku uses, it could be interpreted as he is with the double negative “ain’t no” depends on how literally you wanna take it.

But would be nice to see a reference like that in the official dub.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:25 pm

El Diabeetus wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
True, depending on how technically with the grammar Goku uses, it could be interpreted as he is with the double negative “ain’t no” depends on how literally you wanna take it.

What I mean is that he is the hope of the universe since everyone is hoping he will win the tournament for Universe 7, and if he doesn't the universe is doomed.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:05 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
El Diabeetus wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:

What I mean is that he is the hope of the universe since everyone is hoping he will win the tournament for Universe 7, and if he doesn't the universe is doomed.
I got’cha, if you wanna be a grammar nut “ain’t no” could be interpreted as he is the Hope of the Universe But, yeah, he actually is here, but the way they worded it in the original Hero of Justice pretty much is the same thing. I can’t even take credit for the original idea to reference it.