Fan Works Explosion

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MatrixChap
Beyond Newbie

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by MatrixChap » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:36 pm

Alruneia wrote:I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'll post more when I have more and you're gonna have to be patient with me.
Ah, no problem. Take your time. Things tend to turn out better that way, anyhow. :D

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:12 pm

乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:47 pm

In light of the new arc announcement, I was very disappointed with how only two characters received two wardrobe changes. It's beginning to feel like there's no passage of time in Super and it really aggravates me. So I took the promotion art, lined it up my way, and had some fun!

I gave Gokuu his Fukkatsu no F dogi with slight differences. His shoes are a recall to his Dragon Ball appearance and I replaced the Whis signature with his "Go!" symbol. Also no sash on his belt.

Vegeta is same from FnF as well. I only removed his Whis signature.

One of my biggest pet peeves is that there is no big visual distinction between Gokuu and Gohan besides their hair, so I went and gave Gohan his old Cell arc outfit. His colors are different, however, to separate him further from Piccolo. Green is a very clean color on Gohan (Saiyaman outfit, his tracksuit, his original manga colors) so the decision felt natural.

My goal was to make each member of the team have their own color palette associated with them. (Boo with pink, Piccolo with purple, Vegeta with black, etc.) I might have to do something with Kuririn in this too so he can stand out from Gokuu.
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:23 am

I find myself warming up to the idea of Goten being Black more and more.

When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:55 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:I find myself warming up to the idea of Goten being Black more and more.
You're welcome. :P
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:04 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:I find myself warming up to the idea of Goten being Black more and more.
It's the only thing Goten can do that hasn't been taken up by his dad or brother: go bad ;)
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:06 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:
It's the only thing Goten can do that hasn't been taken up by his dad or brother: go bad ;)
Well... Super Saiyan 2 Gohan would beg to differ.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:11 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote: You're welcome. :P
Does that count? Like, really actually count?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:12 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: It's the only thing Goten can do that hasn't been taken up by his dad or brother: go bad ;)
Does that count? Like, really actually count?
Toriyama pussied out mid-way through, guess not.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:35 pm

Doctor. wrote:Toriyama pussied out mid-way through, guess not.
Just like he did with Goku, really.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:42 pm

TeeHallums wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Recently did some Vegetto fan art in collaboration with a guy over from /r/dbz.
I just recently picked up doing art in general, and I think this one turned out pretty good!
Shin wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

In light of the new arc announcement, I was very disappointed with how only two characters received two wardrobe changes. It's beginning to feel like there's no passage of time in Super and it really aggravates me. So I took the promotion art, lined it up my way, and had some fun!

I gave Gokuu his Fukkatsu no F dogi with slight differences. His shoes are a recall to his Dragon Ball appearance and I replaced the Whis signature with his "Go!" symbol. Also no sash on his belt.

One of my biggest pet peeves is that there is no big visual distinction between Gokuu and Gohan besides their hair, so I went and gave Gohan his old Cell arc outfit. His colors are different, however, to separate him further from Piccolo. Green is a very clean color on Gohan (Saiyaman outfit, his tracksuit, his original manga colors) so the decision felt natural.

My goal was to make each member of the team have their own color palette associated with them. (Boo with pink, Piccolo with purple, Vegeta with black, etc.) I might have to do something with Kuririn in this too so he can stand out from Gokuu.
Excellent work displayed from the two of you! I'm enjoying the lean towards Toriyama's current designs from artists. :thumbup: Image

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:37 pm

Shin wrote:In light of the new arc announcement, I was very disappointed with how only two characters received two wardrobe changes. It's beginning to feel like there's no passage of time in Super and it really aggravates me. So I took the promotion art, lined it up my way, and had some fun!

Goku and Vegeta are perfect! But I don't know if I like much Gohan in green, I think a yellow dogi would suit him better and you could have put the bang in his hair, but still neat artwork :thumbup:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:17 pm

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:51 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:29 pm

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:59 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This is cute :D
"Don't touch my Kaioshin, you evil elf! I will destroy you if you don't let him go! " :twisted:

Who's the artist?
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:01 am

Now some for 17's return
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:17 am

Hey Guys! Starting to draw on my own!

And what better way to improve than to draw random ideas!!
If anyone has any scenario in mind which you want to be put on paper let me know, I will give it a go..

P.S. I am just starting out so it's not gonna be great, it could very well turn out to be stick figures for all I know :lol:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:12 pm

Beerus-sama wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This is cute :D
"Don't touch my Kaioshin, you evil elf! I will destroy you if you don't let him go! " :twisted:

Who's the artist?
Can't remember the artist off the top of my head, as I just found it randomly browsing Pixiv.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:33 pm

Little Piccolo tribute by muah:

I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92