Fan Works Explosion

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

UI Peter
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by UI Peter » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:28 pm

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:46 pm

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:12 pm

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:23 pm

UI Peter wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:28 pm

These should really go in the sexy art thread

UI Peter
Banned Alternate Account

Post by UI Peter » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:35 am

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:58 pm

UI Peter
Banned Alternate Account

Post by UI Peter » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:44 am

FishermanJohnWest
Beyond Newbie

Post by FishermanJohnWest » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:00 am

Very soon the comic will be done

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:16 am

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:22 am

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:22 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:46 pm Image
Coming soon to a theater near you. :thumbup:

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:44 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:22 pm
I wish... That actual effort was put in this time around into making an actual worthy successor to the original Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z Movies.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:53 pm

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:12 pm

To anyone reading this, which Super Saiyan form has the absolute best fanart to look at?

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:30 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:44 pm
I wish... That actual effort was put in this time around into making an actual worthy successor to the original Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z Movies.
Like the new Broly movie?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:29 pm

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:30 pm

In my very own personal opinion, Dragon Ball Super: Broly is not a worthy successor to all of the Movies that came out well before the creation of Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods.

As Dragon Ball Super: Broly was only as good as the Dragon Ball Super series itself to be perfectly honest with you.

With one of my main problems with Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball Super: Broly being that both weren't made by many more people just like Yuya Takahashi.

As I seriously don't like the fact that most of the designs and especially the animation for Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball Super: Broly respectively, was like if some group of talentless amateurs had done most of the work instead of any of the people that can actually draw and animate for a living for crying out loud.

Another very big problem I have would be the overall piss-poor writing for most of Dragon Ball Super and a huge chunk of Dragon Ball Super: Broly. Like for an example, having all of the protagonists and even some of the antagonists being shown having major character regressions or even have full-blown out-of-character traits being added to them.

Like with how Son Goku from Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball Super: Broly would have been portrayed as being somewhat more of a manchild than his respective counterparts from Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT. To then portraying Son Goku from Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball Super: Broly as sometimes just being plain stupid.

Like the time the aforementioned version of Son Goku had never once had figured out that Hakaishin Beerus had once dressed up as Monaka despite the fact that Son Goku knew how to sense Ki and Godly Ki!

Yet Son Goku never once figured this out even when Hakaishin Beerus was fighting him while in the said Monaka costume for God's sake!

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:42 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:29 pm
In my very own personal opinion, Dragon Ball Super: Broly is not a worthy successor to all of the Movies that came out well before the creation of Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods.

As Dragon Ball Super: Broly was only as good as the Dragon Ball Super series itself to be perfectly honest with you.

With one of my main problems with Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball Super: Broly being that both weren't made by many more people just like Yuya Takahashi.

As I seriously don't like the fact that most of the designs and especially the animation for Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball Super: Broly respectively, was like if some group of talentless amateurs had done most of the work instead of any of the people that can actually draw and animate for a living for crying out loud.

Another very big problem I have would be the overall piss-poor writing for most of Dragon Ball Super and a huge chunk of Dragon Ball Super: Broly. Like for an example, having all of the protagonists and even some of the antagonists being shown having major character regressions or even have full-blown out-of-character traits being added to them.

Like with how Son Goku from Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball Super: Broly would have been portrayed as being somewhat more of a manchild than his respective counterparts from Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT. To then portraying Son Goku from Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball Super: Broly as sometimes just being plain stupid.

Like the time the aforementioned version of Son Goku had never once had figured out that Hakaishin Beerus had once dressed up as Monaka despite the fact that Son Goku knew how to sense Ki and Godly Ki!

Yet Son Goku never once figured this out even when Hakaishin Beerus was fighting him while in the said Monaka costume for God's sake!
True Super does have some problems with Goku seeming like simpleton and the same applies to DBS Broly but I rather liked the movie. I just didn't like that adult Broly didn't have a tail.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

UI Peter
Banned Alternate Account

Post by UI Peter » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:32 am

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:59 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:29 pm

With all do respect thats a lot of headcannon, nitpicking and personal preference, i agree with some of the inconsistencies but saying stuff like "this character looks weak so he should be weak" makes no sense when it comes to Dragon Ball, look at Frieza, Fat buu, kid buu, the androids and Yajirobe when Goku first meet him, how strong a person looks in Dragon Ball has no importens in how strong they are. And people are not trolls because they diagree with you, they just disagree with you, nothing more.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:59 am