Fan Works Explosion

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Mon May 19, 2008 3:02 am

The forum was down when I finished the latest chapter of my fanfic, but now that it's back I'm posting the link to chapter five of my VegeBul fic "Miscalculation".

Miscalculation: Chapter 5
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon May 19, 2008 11:03 am

Same with me as sailorspazz. I finally completed GTR Chapter 9 while the forums were down. Thanks to my little April Fools' gag initially, I don't think my readers got re-notified of the update when I replaced it with the actual chapter. Hopefully most of them will come across the new chapter on their own, otherwise I'll just have to try and get Ch 10 finished and notify them that way.

DragonBall GT Revised, Chapter 9 - "Little Green Men"

Thus the real start of that Planet Namek "mini-arc," with the story of the Black Star Dragon Balls, finally begins. This is the one I've been asking questions and researching stuff for for months, and I've got everything planned out for it. Updates should be more frequent, as I'll be using any available time I can get to write.
Last edited by Kaboom on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Thu May 22, 2008 4:39 pm

Hey, look, it's something from me.

Alright, I did some DB fan art. Here it is, in all it's glory, Everyones favorite live action Son Goku, Justin Chatwin.
Yeah, it's based off the one picture of the Goku gi, that I didn't even look at so this could be wrong, but whatever.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu May 22, 2008 6:07 pm

omegacwa wrote:Hey, look, it's something from me.

Alright, I did some DB fan art. Here it is, in all it's glory, Everyones favorite live action Son Goku, Justin Chatwin.
Yeah, it's based off the one picture of the Goku gi, that I didn't even look at so this could be wrong, but whatever.

*Cool Pic*
That almost looks like the begining to a new Dragonball Z American cartoon,
just like Speed Racer.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Snail

Post by Snail » Sun May 25, 2008 11:22 pm

I was browsing around for Dragonball Z figures, and I accidently stumbled upon this:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k84/N ... UREEEE.jpg

Unfortunately, I soon discovered that it was not an actual statue/action figure of Goku. Instead, it is a CGI figure of Goku, rendered with a program called Zbrush. (I think) :x

Here is the artist's website. He's currently working on a Freeza CGI figure as well, so definitely check out his work.

http://tengchia.blogspot.com/

I've got to stop showing off pieces of artwork(s) from other people, and start displaying my own. :lol:

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Tue May 27, 2008 8:50 pm

Hmm, plugging my stuff always leaves me aprehensive for some "I know noone would care if I didn't tell them to" reason, but what the heck...

Dream-based Reality
Nowhere near as trippy-psycho-mystical as the title might suggest, sadly enough. (Though maybe some themes or something... I don't know. I only think about that literary analysis fun-ness _after_ writing... :D ).
What worries me more about the quality of this thing is the prevalence of OCs as the story progresses. I've tried to tone them down without belittling their importance (at least until they're actually more established), but... Egh. We'll see.

</boring Caejones post>
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Wed May 28, 2008 6:50 am

caejones wrote:Hmm, plugging my stuff always leaves me aprehensive for some "I know noone would care if I didn't tell them to" reason, but what the heck...

Dream-based Reality
Nowhere near as trippy-psycho-mystical as the title might suggest, sadly enough. (Though maybe some themes or something... I don't know. I only think about that literary analysis fun-ness _after_ writing... :D ).
What worries me more about the quality of this thing is the prevalence of OCs as the story progresses. I've tried to tone them down without belittling their importance (at least until they're actually more established), but... Egh. We'll see.

</boring Caejones post>
God I hate fanfics but yours seemed really interesting from what I've read, I'm definitely excited to read it in full later.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Thu May 29, 2008 9:13 pm

Here is some new stuff, Sketchy, but I like it.

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:56 am

I just found out there was a microphone in my laptop, so I decided to make three Dragonball skits.

Here is the first one, practically Bulma being a Chichi and Goku snapping.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PAn-gdbs2Y

The second one is Goku and the others trying to redo the Fire Fighting Special after Majin Buu.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YOhfZw9-Co

and last but not least, is a Piccolo saga based one, where Goku, Kuririn and Yamcha talk about ten embarrasing moments in their lives (seven happened in Dragonball, three I made up)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvBjKHrZc1s

I used the FUNi voices for them but I kept their personalities intact, aside from a little OOCness from Goku in the first two. :oops:

SSj Gogito
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSj Gogito » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:05 am

Here's a few new ones i have made.

PM me or just leave a comment here, if you want the high quality versions x2500 Height
Where's The Beef

Snail

Post by Snail » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:44 am

Nice! Personally, I think that tone of pink isn't at all accurate though.

SSj Gogito
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSj Gogito » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:39 am

Snail wrote:Nice! Personally, I think that tone of pink isn't at all accurate though.
Oh realy, Ok do you have a pic of Buu with accurate skin tone
Where's The Beef

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:11 pm

How in hell did you make those? :shock: (very nice btw!)

SSj Gogito
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSj Gogito » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:14 pm

I make them in Photoshop
Where's The Beef

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:39 am

I think the person was asking how you make them, not what program do you use. Like, do you use the pen tool? Do you use a tablet? Do you look at pictures or do you draw these out of your head? Basically the process.

Artificial Human #887
Beyond Newbie

Post by Artificial Human #887 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:01 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:Same with me as sailorspazz. I finally completed GTR Chapter 9 while the forums were down. Thanks to my little April Fools' gag initially, I don't think my readers got re-notified of the update when I replaced it with the actual chapter. Hopefully most of them will come across the new chapter on their own, otherwise I'll just have to try and get Ch 10 finished and notify them that way.

DragonBall GT Revised, Chapter 9 - "Little Green Men"

Thus the real start of that Planet Namek "mini-arc," with the story of the Black Star Dragon Balls, finally begins. This is the one I've been asking questions and researching stuff for for months, and I've got everything planned out for it. Updates should be more frequent, as I'll be using any available time I can get to write.

....curse you, ff.net! I didn't get any notification. Now it's like two weeks later. I should check these threads more often.

*scurries off to go and read*
Aly. Professional nerd. [url=http://vegetas.livejournal.com]vegetas@livejournal[/url]

DB Cosplay 2009: The Great Saiyaman

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:24 pm

Artificial Human #887 wrote:....curse you, ff.net! I didn't get any notification. Now it's like two weeks later. I should check these threads more often.

*scurries off to go and read*
Heh heh... Well, that's my own fault. I did that April Fools' joke update which technically counted as chapter 9. When I replaced it with the real chapter, I guess it didn't count it as an actual update. :X
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Snail

Post by Snail » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:29 pm

SSj Gogito wrote:
Oh realy, Ok do you have a pic of Buu with accurate skin tone
Google around? I would have gone with a lighter pink that's all. It could be my moniter though.

SSj Gogito
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSj Gogito » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:57 am

How in hell did you make those? :shock: (very nice btw!)
I have the original image then i reconstruct the whole thing. Which i use Brush tool, Paint bucket. Hope that helps.

Yeah i guess your right Snail i will try to find a good reference pic to change the color.

Edit :

Super Buu with accurate skin color

Thanks for pinting that out Snail
Where's The Beef