Fan Works Explosion

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ruler9871
Regular

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by ruler9871 » Thu May 02, 2019 4:07 pm

zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat May 04, 2019 1:14 pm

The fusion of Cabba and Caulifla, Cabbifla!

Caulifla best girl! :)

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Sat May 04, 2019 2:44 pm

Somewhat plain, but I mainly did this for practice.

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Sat May 04, 2019 3:35 pm

zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat May 04, 2019 8:38 pm

I swear to god, this started off as me attempting to draw Android 16 (Still trying to learn how to draw)... And it ended up as this:

When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun May 05, 2019 12:20 am

Arrow Maiden of Justice! Ribrianne! [Dokkan Card]! :angel: :thumbup: :angel:
by frozenfan1234

https://www.deviantart.com/frozenfan123 ... -789137472

--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun May 05, 2019 9:44 am

Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

NovaSayajinGoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by NovaSayajinGoku » Sun May 05, 2019 4:24 pm

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon May 06, 2019 12:18 pm

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon May 06, 2019 1:11 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:18 pm Image

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon May 06, 2019 1:44 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:11 pm
ALL SAIYANS MUST DIE

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Mon May 06, 2019 1:52 pm

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon May 06, 2019 2:07 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:44 pm
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:11 pm
ALL SAIYANS MUST DIE

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon May 06, 2019 3:32 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon May 06, 2019 9:42 pm

Some DB fan pieces i did recently, and even though Dragon Ball artwork isn't something i do a lot of i still make time to draw stuff series related whenever i can.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Tue May 07, 2019 12:46 pm

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Tue May 07, 2019 12:48 pm

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Tue May 07, 2019 1:04 pm