Fan Works Explosion

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Matches Malone
I Live Here
Posts: 2039
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Matches Malone » Wed May 27, 2020 8:59 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:55 pm
So in order to be an actual person a character needs to have a beefcake figure?
I expect human based characters in general to have human features. Cabba and Caulifla are literally stick figures. When it comes to Saiyans, then yes, I expect them to have the physical shape of beings capable of fighting as much as they do. The 2 above couldn't fight a paper bag much less super warriors trying to kill them. When it comes to Cabba, I'm not asking for him to look like Broly, but he should look something like Ssj/Ssj2 Gohan from the Cell games. The same applies to Caulifla, she should also look like someone capable of fighting, which her current design doesn't represent.

User avatar
Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here
Posts: 2012
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:31 pm
Location: Argentina
Contact:

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed May 27, 2020 9:27 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:59 pm
I expect human based characters in general to have human features. Cabba and Caulifla are literally stick figures. When it comes to Saiyans, then yes, I expect them to have the physical shape of beings capable of fighting as much as they do. The 2 above couldn't fight a paper bag much less super warriors trying to kill them. When it comes to Cabba, I'm not asking for him to look like Broly, but he should look something like Ssj/Ssj2 Gohan from the Cell games. The same applies to Caulifla, she should also look like someone capable of fighting, which her current design doesn't represent.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:40 pm
Considering we're talking of an individual that comes from a warrior race that is constantly (if not always) involved in conflicts, and a multiverse where muscular body types in adults are the norm rather than the exception, yes, he needs to be a beefcake.
Being very muscular is not an intrinsic human feature (unless you want to segregate a big chunck of irl popuplation) nor a requierement to be a capable fighter and certain much less in a chinese-influenced fantasy martial story where combat prowess doesn't come from meat mass but from skill and internal energy control.
"The Time of Birth has Come, I Am The Remedy of Eternity.”
“The Time of Crowning has Come, I Am The Begining of Eternity."
"The Time of Parting has Come, I Am Who Lets Go of The World"

Sadala Elite
Banned
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Sadala Elite » Wed May 27, 2020 9:37 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:27 pm
Matches Malone wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:59 pm
I expect human based characters in general to have human features. Cabba and Caulifla are literally stick figures. When it comes to Saiyans, then yes, I expect them to have the physical shape of beings capable of fighting as much as they do. The 2 above couldn't fight a paper bag much less super warriors trying to kill them. When it comes to Cabba, I'm not asking for him to look like Broly, but he should look something like Ssj/Ssj2 Gohan from the Cell games. The same applies to Caulifla, she should also look like someone capable of fighting, which her current design doesn't represent.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:40 pm
Considering we're talking of an individual that comes from a warrior race that is constantly (if not always) involved in conflicts, and a multiverse where muscular body types in adults are the norm rather than the exception, yes, he needs to be a beefcake.
Being very muscular is not an intrinsic human feature (unless you want to segregate a big chunck of irl popuplation) nor a requierement to be a capable fighter (and certain much less in a chinese-influenced fantasy martial story where combat prowess doesn't come from meat mass but from skill and internal energy control).
Being/looking malnourished and anorexic isn't an intrinsic human feature either.

And all of that you posted ignores the simple fact that Caulifla's and Cabba's designs suck, and the skinniness is a big part why.

User avatar
Matches Malone
I Live Here
Posts: 2039
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Matches Malone » Wed May 27, 2020 9:43 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:27 pm
Being very muscular is not an intrinsic human feature nor a requirement to be a capable fighter.
And being so thin you don't have any visible body features is ? I'm not asking for a very muscular design, just something that fits the description of the character. If a character is said to take part in life or death battles on a regular basis, then I expect them to look the part. Saying Cabba looks like a capable fighter would be like saying Bulma had an IQ of 5, even though she's the smartest person in the dragon world, the 2 just don't go together.

What's ire population ? the only thing I found on Google was Ireland population. Is that what you mean ?

Sadala Elite
Banned
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Sadala Elite » Wed May 27, 2020 9:48 pm

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu May 28, 2020 1:16 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:27 pm
Being very muscular is not an intrinsic human feature (unless you want to segregate a big chunck of irl popuplation) nor a requierement to be a capable fighter and certain much less in a chinese-influenced fantasy martial story where combat prowess doesn't come from meat mass but from skill and internal energy control.
We're not talking of real life, we're talking of the Dragon Ball setting, where only joke characters, women, old people, and children aren't ripped as hell. Cabba sticks like a sore thumb there.

User avatar
Matches Malone
I Live Here
Posts: 2039
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Matches Malone » Thu May 28, 2020 1:44 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:16 am
only joke characters, women, old people, and children aren't ripped as hell.
Image

User avatar
Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu May 28, 2020 2:47 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:44 am
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:16 am
only joke characters, women, old people, and children aren't ripped as hell.
Image
And that was treated like a very rare occurrence and one that it hasn't happened in years.

User avatar
SupremeKai25
I Live Here
Posts: 2040
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:40 am
Location: The ruins of the West City

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu May 28, 2020 4:41 am

Image
The power coursing through me is exceptional, glorious, absolute! Stare in awe, I am justice incarnate!

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 21005
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 28, 2020 9:42 am

Image

User avatar
sunsetshimmer
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1702
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:34 pm
Location: Poland/Equestria

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu May 28, 2020 10:03 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:42 am
Image
Super 17 and Super's 17. Naming is kinda ironic. I still love a fact #17 in DBS debuted exactly 20 years after his GT debut. Couldn't be just a coincidence.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

User avatar
Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here
Posts: 3068
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu May 28, 2020 5:55 pm

Image
Image

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 21005
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 28, 2020 9:35 pm

Image

Sadala Elite
Banned
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Sadala Elite » Thu May 28, 2020 11:54 pm

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
SupremeKai25
I Live Here
Posts: 2040
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:40 am
Location: The ruins of the West City

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri May 29, 2020 5:42 am

Image
The power coursing through me is exceptional, glorious, absolute! Stare in awe, I am justice incarnate!

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 21005
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 29, 2020 7:59 pm

Image

User avatar
DarkPrince_92
I Live Here
Posts: 3365
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:09 pm
Location: Glendale, CA
Contact:

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:33 pm

Majin geets by ya boi:

Image
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. Instagram

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

User avatar
Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here
Posts: 3068
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:22 pm

Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 21005
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:28 pm

Image

User avatar
SupremeKai25
I Live Here
Posts: 2040
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:40 am
Location: The ruins of the West City

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:19 am

Image
The power coursing through me is exceptional, glorious, absolute! Stare in awe, I am justice incarnate!

Post Reply