Diccolo's Combo rescore of Kai [An Ongoing Project]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

B3AK21

Re: Diccolo's Combo rescore of Kai [An Ongoing Project]

Post by B3AK21 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:44 pm

Nice work. Can you reup Cell->Buu Sagas? Would be neat. Or are you working on newer versions?
Regardless it would be nice to have.

SSJwiggy

Post by SSJwiggy » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:03 am

I'm looking for the complete collection as well, if someone has it.
"Ally to good, nightmare to you!"

xxricecrispy

Post by xxricecrispy » Tue May 24, 2022 11:38 pm

I've been checking everyday since I found out about this project like 8 months ago and there's been no updates

I think he might've burnt himself out on the project sadly :(

DarkRuler7

Post by DarkRuler7 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:17 am

Hi there! :D Me too looking for the full collection like SSJwiggy! Hope someone can help there! Love ya! :)

B3AK21

Post by B3AK21 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:30 pm

I totally forgot that I had this stuff lying around, but I discovered it while sorting old files. Sorry.
But better late than never, I guess.
Here's the link:
https://mega.nz/file/eZVjiZxJ#U5uSsXRyN ... iQwm_eOxRM

DarkRuler7

Post by DarkRuler7 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:24 am

hi there, thank ya very much, B3AK21! love ya! :D does someone have sumitomo score episode 87 in "flac"?? looking for it... love all ya! :D

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:41 pm

hello, long time no see!

I've been quite loaded with trying times in life, but I'm making an effort to put this hobby back into my life again. I've re-upped all 4 sagas that I've had so far with re-tweaks that I had put in before going on hiatus, goal being consistency!

Cell saga is a WIP, can't promise anything soon but I do want to be able to get those two sagas out to you when I can.

Thanks B3AK21 for keeping the old sumitomo files alive. I don't have those on hand anymore.

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:20 am

hey there, happy thanksgiving. Cell saga is done and currently up for grabs

enjoy!

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:21 am

Hey, perfect timing! Me and my best friend were just about to watch your Team Faulconer mix of the Final Chapter!
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:08 pm

Hey everyone, great news. Cell Games saga is done, and as a bonus I did some small edits on the cell saga (episodes 68, 69, 75, 79). Very happy to call this project in a finished state, I doubt there will be any further edits to episodes 1-98 going forward. I may do the buu saga in the future.

In the meantime, enjoy!
Fionordequester wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:21 am Hey, perfect timing! Me and my best friend were just about to watch your Team Faulconer mix of the Final Chapter!
Nice, been a minute since I've gone into the faulconer mix. Hope it holds up!

Hobby Bill
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hobby Bill » Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:47 am

Episode 96 is a really solid showcase of what this project is about. Yamamoto and Sumitomo cover most of the general moments in the episode, while orchestral covers of Faulconer and Kikuchi fill the more unique set pieces.

Definitely an improvement over vanilla Kai (Yamamoto/Kikuchi replacement). I see no reason to go back to it if you prefer dub.

Though I think people might have a sweet spot for your Faulconer project, or even the Beta of this one (which was mostly Sumitomo).

Honestly, Kai Buu desperately needs a rescore in this style. Especially considering you gave us that amazing SSJ3 rescore on your youtube.

Great work! :clap:

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:58 pm

Sooo about buu saga, i kinda did up to episode 140 over the past bit. I'm uploading as we speak.

Episodes are definitely in beta, I haven't even done any dialogue replacements on these. I'm working on Saga 9 as well, dunno when that will be up

Hobby Bill
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hobby Bill » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:50 am

These new Buu episodes are great. Few comments though. You mentioned they are still in beta, so some placements are going to be changed.

Episode 121 is solid but the track that plays around 9:53 when Vegeta powers up might not be the best fit. You used a faulconer cover earlier in the episode and it worked really well. Maybe having another one here too, would be better. I don't know what you think about the "Meaningless huh?" speech, but it might be better than Kai's.

Also in episode 127. Sumitomo's track during Vegeta's sacrifice is great, and I understand why you kept it. Though I think it would be really cool if you could incorporate Vegeta's bells in there somehow. It would be a great call back. Kind of like what you did in episode 96.

I'm jumping back and forth between the default placements and yours, and it's amazing how your placements elevate this arc. Looking forward to the last stretch of episodes :thumbup:

matt12117

Post by matt12117 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:25 pm

Does anyone have the files from his DBZ Kai SFX Restoration? Cause the mega link has been down for a while. If you do I'd really appreciate it.

Hobby Bill
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hobby Bill » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:06 am

Any updates, Diccolo?

This is a bit off topic, but do you think any of these AI voice tools might help with the dialogue replacements? I'm not really sure how they work, but maybe you can get the old dub lines and alter them to resemble the newer voices. Vegeta sounds different between old and new, so it might be useful during the saiyan pride speech.

It would be wild if someone could take Kai Gohan and make him sound like Nadolny. Just as an experiment. :think:

Looking forward to the final arc and the dialogue updates throughout. :thumbup:

Aspiring-Creator

Post by Aspiring-Creator » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:35 pm

This sounds genuinely awesome. Normally when it comes to the idea of rescoring Dragon Ball? I'm pretty picky since I generally want the vibe of the original manga preserved and when it comes to these projects, I feel too many of them lean into using what sounds cool to them and not what fits the scene. This though pretty much answers these issues and then some. From the examples I've heard, this feels like the kind of score that hits a great happy medium in how it utilizes all these different composers, especially Faulconer where what once inspired a feeling of "Are you sure about that?" turned into pleasant surprise with how you're using covers. I really look forward to seeing this project finished some day because this genuinely might be the way I view Kai from now on.

Hobby Bill
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hobby Bill » Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:10 pm

You guys should check out Galdius on youtube. A fantastic musician with many great Faulconer covers.

Android 16 Theme
https://youtu.be/D7xMtziHYkg

^I think this project would benefit tremendously from this cover, since the Android/Cell arc eps are missing a cover for 16.

Gohan Powers Up
https://youtu.be/fuvE0FwQMk4

^This one could also be useful later for the Buu arc.

Lots of other amazing DBZ covers as well.