Diccolo's Combo rescore of Kai [An Ongoing Project]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TatumJay

Re: [WIP] DBZ Kai: Sumitomo (Super's Music) Rescore

Post by TatumJay » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:48 pm

What's the song that you use for many of the episode closings? For example, the end of the episode where Goku turns Super Saiyan against Frieza. That song is amazing and can't find it anywhere.

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:13 am

TatumJay wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:48 pm What's the song that you use for many of the episode closings? For example, the end of the episode where Goku turns Super Saiyan against Frieza. That song is amazing and can't find it anywhere.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJGY2B7RTYk

xxaphexx

Post by xxaphexx » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:12 am

How's the current state?

Just waiting for your final release so I can finish my Ultimate DB KAI version , which will include:
  • Sumitomo score
  • yamamoto score
  • kikuchi score
  • faulconer score

Appreciate your effort!

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:14 pm

xxaphexx wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:12 am How's the current state?

Just waiting for your final release so I can finish my Ultimate DB KAI version , which will include:
  • Sumitomo score
  • yamamoto score
  • kikuchi score
  • faulconer score

Appreciate your effort!
I've found that setting timelines doesn't go well, but I'm nearly done re-touching the frieza saga. Assuming I don't hit any snags it shouldn't take much longer.

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:29 pm

Ok everyone, my final touches are done. I just wrapped up with the frieza saga and I'm satisfied with the cell and android sagas to call this project a wrap. That being said, someday I may come back and continue to make minor adjustments however I am quite content with how ths has turned out. Thank you all for the support and feedback you have given along the way, the goal was to create (in my view) the best hybrid version between the rock feel of faulconer and the orchestral brilliance of kikuichi and occasionally yamamoto. For those of you waiting for the finished product, please dig in! I hope you all enjoy.

Hobby Bill
Not-So-Newbie

Re: [Done] DBZ Kai: Sumitomo (Super's Music) Rescore

Post by Hobby Bill » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:38 am

The Freeza arc folder is no longer available.

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:26 am

Try the link again now, had to re-up the folder

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:51 pm

Greetings from the grave folks

Some people told me episode 87 was missing from the FLAC folder so I'm uploading it right now

I only got to know of this *after* I sold my old desktop to my friend, which thankfully still had my data on it.

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:51 pm

hey guys, i wanted to say that after long consideration I've decided to do a sumitomo rescore for the buu saga. I can't guarantee when it will get done since setting deadlines for passion projects isn't exactly a good idea, but believe me when I get it done it's gonna be hella dope :D

Hobby Bill
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hobby Bill » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:59 am

Awesome news. Could you keep the dub changes you made from the Faulconer project?

Also injecting some orchestral Faulconer scores is a must for this arc.

Here's an example of the OG dub with the sort of orchestral "triple mix" of the SSJ3 theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeSFZhe91ag

Also, I don't know how much you're up for this, but what about adding Vegeta's original "meaningless huh?!" speech?

Thanks + looking forward :thumbup:

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:49 pm

Since you're doing the Boo arc, may I humbly suggest that you use this for the SSJ3 transformation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlpPcUUpVDo
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

ThatPixarGuy

Post by ThatPixarGuy » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:08 pm

Finally made an account here, to give my appreciation for these awesome projects. These along with Recut will be my go-to's likely until the end of time haha; Can't wait for Sumitomo Buu.

Hobby Bill
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hobby Bill » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:13 am

So here's the Kai version of SSJ 3 with Android Orchestra's version of the SSJ 3 theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dERVNNYECu8

The uploader also used some lines from Z. Honestly, I think AO's version lacks impact. What do you guys think?

ThatPixarGuy

Post by ThatPixarGuy » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:33 pm

I think it could work with a little tweaking, though I've always thought an insert song would fit pretty well.

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:18 pm

Well mi amigos, I don't have the SSJ3 scene yet as that will take some significant tweaking before I have a satisfactory edition, but I do have one that ended up being quite a seamless fit.

https://youtu.be/JLiX4iz4HwU

Gohan goes mystic.

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:14 pm

Posted a few episode edits, dl links are on the front page. Here are some key details

Used gohan angers now in a couple places (episode 93 and 96)

Episode 93 has been pretty much re-scored entirely, I didn't like what I had set up for it. For instance, I'm no longer using Ultimate Battle, but rather Let it Burn from Kai TFC for Gohan's insert song (IMO that song fits HIM better than Goku, I'm going to use a different insert song for Goku vs Buu when I get to it)

I'm considering replacing Cha la with dragon soul, or at least making a version with dragon soul as an option

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:09 pm

Update

I'm getting to spend a lot more time on the project, so there's a good chance you'll see a lot of progress. Peaceful World Saga (episodes 99-113) won't see too many changes, so that should be up within the next week. Likewise, some of the original sumitomo placement will be retained.

Hobby Bill
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hobby Bill » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:01 am

Pokemixr has 2 different renditions of the SSJ 3 theme.

This one is great and quite creative. Sounds a lot like a Sumitomo track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3i_sKrXHOg

A more traditional version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zGgqEtj5vs

If you decide on using a different version that's cool. But these may come in handy, especially the first one.

Hobby Bill
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hobby Bill » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:34 am

Since you're revisiting some older episodes, I thought I'd request a handful of changes. Some of these may be beyond the scope of the project, and I would totally respect not moving forward with them. It's just that in my minds eye, this project has the potential to be the "You can't go wrong with this one" project that would negate the frustration of recommending one version of the show over another (at least for the Dub).

Essentially this project can have the best of all scores (in orchestral form), and the best dub lines. I'll keep things as succinct as possible.

Thanks and good luck.

ThatPixarGuy

Post by ThatPixarGuy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:24 pm

TFC may take a while, but are the Saiyan-Cell Sagas finalized rn? I’m likely gonna burn Kai 1.0 to BD-R’s for whenever I get the DB itch.