[Done] Diccolo's Combo rescore of Kai

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Re: [WIP] DBZ Kai: Sumitomo (Super's Music) Rescore

Post by Diccolo-420 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:51 pm

26-28 are up, didn't get much done this week and don't expect to get much more done in the coming weeks, I got a lot of stuff to work on, but I'll still release what I can when I can

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:44 pm

Just uploaded the last of the Namek Saga folks, have at it. I'm really liking how the sumitomo score fits this saga.

Hobby Bill
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hobby Bill » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:15 pm

Just saw ep 36 and I gotta say it's leagues better than vanilla kai. Well done dude. :clap:

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:01 pm

Hobby Bill wrote:Just saw ep 36 and I gotta say it's leagues better than vanilla kai. Well done dude. :clap:
Thank you!

Heads up y'all, I've scored up to episode 40 now and those EP's are now available for download

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:05 pm

This week was pretty productive, I got through 5 episodes, all the way up to 45, and 46 will be on its way in a bit.

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:44 pm

Hey guys, I got some great news, the entire Frieza saga got done this week! I'm amazed I was able to get everything up to episode 54 scored so far, that's over halfway through Kai 1.0

Unfortunately this comes with some not so good news. My schedule is tightening up starting next week, so I will not have time to significantly work on the project likely until break. My goal was the Frieza saga done before this and I'm glad to have reached that, but now you'll probably see this thing go on a slight hiatus until Winter, where I'll really be able to finish up.

I may upload every now and then, though I might not since if I start I'll want to finish up because that's just how I roll and I'll get distracted.

In the mean time, I hope what's available is enjoyable for you. If you have any feedback please do send it my way, either by posting it here or by PM! I really do appreciate feedback a ton because that's what keeps me on my toes on what I need to work on.

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:16 pm

Quick Update Y'all, since my last I scrounged about 5 episodes of the android saga out and i figured I'd share em now. I don't expect to get much more done before I said I would, got a lot on my plate atm so I try to keep myself to only do this as a stress-reliever or time killer.

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:11 pm

Reaching out for some advice guys, anyone have suggestions a track on Vegeta's Super Saiyan transformation? I was gonna use Saiyan blood but the second half of it gets cheesy especially with how serious Vegeta takes himself in "DERR I STRAINED MYSELF SO HARD"... though it would be funny just as a commentary of how stuck up Vegeta is.

I'm all for non-dragon ball sumitomo tracks here as well.

IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:13 pm

Diccolo-420 wrote:Reaching out for some advice guys, anyone have suggestions a track on Vegeta's Super Saiyan transformation? I was gonna use Saiyan blood but the second half of it gets cheesy especially with how serious Vegeta takes himself in "DERR I STRAINED MYSELF SO HARD"... though it would be funny just as a commentary of how stuck up Vegeta is.

I'm all for non-dragon ball sumitomo tracks here as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEJ0V4C4jlQ ???
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:29 am

Ehh, too calm and doesn't fit the tone.

I'm seriously considering a remix of the Faulconer Vegeta Super Saiyan theme, I've heard a couple out there that actually are in style of Sumitomo and I know that the theme is pretty well received even amongst non faulconer fans, but for this I'd like to hear some input before I make the call

Hobby Bill
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hobby Bill » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:53 am

Diccolo-420 wrote:
I'm seriously considering a remix of the Faulconer Vegeta Super Saiyan theme, I've heard a couple out there that actually are in style of Sumitomo and I know that the theme is pretty well received even amongst non faulconer fans, but for this I'd like to hear some input before I make the call
I'm all for it. I was actually thinking about something similar but maybe on a larger scale. There are plenty of orchestral covers of Faulconer tracks lying about. Was wondering if you were open to creating alt audios for eps that had iconic Faulconer moments.

Essentially the same Sumitomo eps you've made but with some orchestral Faulconer covers sprinkled in at key moments. Like instances where Trunks' themes were used, or iconic transformations like SSJ Vegeta's as you mentioned.

If done right, I think this would nullify the need of having a Faulconer score at all actually. You would have the balance of Sumitomo plus the impact of Faulconer without having the two scores clash. To me, that sounds pretty exciting.

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:05 am

Hobby Bill wrote:
Diccolo-420 wrote:
I'm all for it. I was actually thinking about something similar but maybe on a larger scale. There are plenty of orchestral covers of Faulconer tracks lying about. Was wondering if you were open to creating alt audios for eps that had iconic Faulconer moments.

Essentially the same Sumitomo eps you've made but with some orchestral Faulconer covers sprinkled in at key moments. Like instances where Trunks' themes were used, or iconic transformations like SSJ Vegeta's as you mentioned.

If done right, I think this would nullify the need of having a Faulconer score at all actually. You would have the balance of Sumitomo plus the impact of Faulconer without having the two scores clash. To me, that sounds pretty exciting.
Good to hear that this idea makes sense, in that case I'll see what I can use.

ATM I'm using 94stone's cover of vegeta super saiyan since I figured something with a bit more rock edge fits the moment great, but if I find a good orchestra cover that has a heavy impact I might switch it out.

Hobby Bill
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hobby Bill » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:33 am

Diccolo-420 wrote: ATM I'm using 94stone's cover of vegeta super saiyan since I figured something with a bit more rock edge fits the moment great, but if I find a good orchestra cover that has a heavy impact I might switch it out.
I found a pretty great orchestral cover by a YouTuber named Android Orchestra. I went ahead and synced his cover with a musicless clip of Vegeta's transformation.

Proof of concept:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROOKtZM4Bik

I'm sure some minor edits can be made to improve the sync. Curious what you think about it though. Does the vibe of the cover suit the scene well? Does it stick out against Sumitomo compared to the 94stone cover? Because the bells in the orchestral cover sound sort of foreign to the stuff we're familiar with in Sumitomo's work.

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:19 am

Hobby Bill wrote:
Diccolo-420 wrote: ATM I'm using 94stone's cover of vegeta super saiyan since I figured something with a bit more rock edge fits the moment great, but if I find a good orchestra cover that has a heavy impact I might switch it out.
I found a pretty great orchestral cover by a YouTuber named Android Orchestra. I went ahead and synced his cover with a musicless clip of Vegeta's transformation.

Proof of concept:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROOKtZM4Bik

I'm sure some minor edits can be made to improve the sync. Curious what you think about it though. Does the vibe of the cover suit the scene well? Does it stick out against Sumitomo compared to the 94stone cover? Because the bells in the orchestral cover sound sort of foreign to the stuff we're familiar with in Sumitomo's work.
Yeah for this scene it isn't heavy hitting enough IMO, doesn't have the "umph" carried by the rock element that 94 stones has which totally runs with the tone of the scene.

Hobby Bill
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hobby Bill » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:08 pm

So the OST of the new film came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS6FzTB3VvQ

Figured you might find this useful for the project.

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:09 am

Oh yeah I'll definitely see what I can use.

Little announcement: I've given some thought to how much I want to do for this project and I decided I'm stopping after the cell games. IMO DB should have ended there given how the quality just drops off, and my motivation to work past there is non-existant.

Plus, there already exists a far superior version of the boo saga in form of Buu Kai Manga Cut which is coincidentally scored with sumitomo music, so IMO if anyone wants a better sumitomo score for buu saga you should just go to that one viewtopic.php?t=38820

I'll probably get started again on this in a week or so, depends on how much rest I get considering this semester was reaaaally rough.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:04 am

Out of curiosity what did you use for the opening and endings?
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:45 pm

Naruto6583 wrote:Out of curiosity what did you use for the opening and endings?
OP is Cha-La Head Cha La Remix by FLOW --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xv91F-wkXk

Ending 1 is same as original, ending 2 I changed to this song used in Japanese Kai ending 3 for Final Chapters --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeDDMo41RJ8

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:07 pm

Ironic you would use that version of head Chala. I also ended up using it for the first 54 episodes
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:22 pm

Naruto6583 wrote:Ironic you would use that version of head Chala. I also ended up using it for the first 54 episodes
Well I ended up using it for my faulconer re-score and figured it would work even better for the sumitomo re-score so yeah