FUNi Kai dub with the Ocean Dub / Westwood Dub music?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

FUNi Kai dub with the Ocean Dub / Westwood Dub music?

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:34 am

Has anyone done it? It would be pretty awesome to have it so while it wouldn't be an actual Ocean Kai dub, we'd get to hear the Ocean music while watching Dragon Ball Kai in English. There have been talks about Ocean Kai dub to air in Canada but we've been waiting years and years, and I hope it eventually airs but if someone made this, awesome.

We already have the FUNi Kai dub with Yamamoto, Kikuchi + Yamamoto, Sumitomo, Faulconer. So all's left is with Ron Wasserman's music (Ocean Dub) and the guys who made the Mega Man / Monster Rancher / Magic Knight Rayearth for the Westwood dub.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Re: FUNi Kai dub with the Ocean Dub / Westwood Dub music?

Post by Danfun64 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:45 am

Unfortunately there just isn't enough of the Ocean soundtrack released to attempt such a thing. The so called OST of the Mega Man cartoon is just a bunch of vocal songs. Not to mention how low quality the online uploads of the Westwood dub are. As for ripping the songs out of the Saban dub or the Mega Man cartoon, it's probably not going to work well at all since you're stuck with a finalized stereo (lossy) Dolby mix.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:23 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:Has anyone done it? It would be pretty awesome to have it so while it wouldn't be an actual Ocean Kai dub, we'd get to hear the Ocean music while watching Dragon Ball Kai in English. There have been talks about Ocean Kai dub to air in Canada but we've been waiting years and years, and I hope it eventually airs but if someone made this, awesome.

We already have the FUNi Kai dub with Yamamoto, Kikuchi + Yamamoto, Sumitomo, Faulconer. So all's left is with Ron Wasserman's music (Ocean Dub) and the guys who made the Mega Man / Monster Rancher / Magic Knight Rayearth for the Westwood dub.
I would love to see a fan remake and compose their own Ron Wasserman and the other Ocean Dub scores. Fans have recreated music from other series such as JoJo's Bizarre Adeventure and Faulconer music to the exact note that it is hard to tell that a fan recreated the music.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Kakacarrottop
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakacarrottop » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:13 am

Danfun64 wrote:Unfortunately there just isn't enough of the Ocean soundtrack released to attempt such a thing. The so called OST of the Mega Man cartoon is just a bunch of vocal songs. Not to mention how low quality the online uploads of the Westwood dub are. As for ripping the songs out of the Saban dub or the Mega Man cartoon, it's probably not going to work well at all since you're stuck with a finalized stereo (lossy) Dolby mix.
An hour long soundtrack album for the Saban dub/Ron Wasserman score was released in 1997, and there are many good sounding rips of stuff that wasn't featured on the album. If there was less pre-existing music in Funi's kai dub, then it would be easy to add the Saban music to every episode. The Ocean dub of Dead Zone for example has very little music, so there's a video online with the Saban music added to fill the silent spots

https://vimeo.com/178949321

However, it would be much more difficult to do something like this with the Westwood score, since you'd be re-using the same music over and over again. There's only about 20 rips of songs from that score that exist online.
"I will literally dress as Goku and walk around jumping up and down, pretending to fly, in public if this ever gets an official release"

- ShadowDude112 on Ocean's Kai dub