Very faithful Faulconer styled compositions and remakes

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Very faithful Faulconer styled compositions and remakes

Post by Attitudefan » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:19 am

Hello everyone! Just came across a channel that emulates the old Faulconer Production style to a point that it is hard to distinguish it from the originals.

Here's a sample of his work:

Raditz Theme(Original composition)
Goku Healing Remake
Vegeta vs Jeice Remake
Kid Goku Theme (Original composition)
Kid Buu (Original composition)
Goku vs Ginyu Remake

He had made a full 20 minute compilation of older work here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmCwoL1mN7Y
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Tectorman
Regular

Re: Very faithful Faulconer styled compositions and remakes

Post by Tectorman » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:47 pm

What's the audio equivalent of "on-model"? Because this is that. Thank you for bringing attention to this. I wonder if he's done any themes for Super?
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:40 pm

Tectorman wrote:What's the audio equivalent of "on-model"? Because this is that. Thank you for bringing attention to this. I wonder if he's done any themes for Super?
Hey I'm glad to share great work!

And yeah I would say this is an example of "on-model" work for audio/music. I'm sure you can ask him as he seems very responsive and motivated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTRtBrpFc4Q Just want to bring attention to another unreleased track he remade: Fat Buu's Evil Bells theme. Sounds IDENTICAL to the one heard in the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XZMdwWsbdk Really great Trunks theme too.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:00 am

Given that I don't have enough of a familiarity with the Faulconer Productions score to know every track, if you played those for me and said they were actual Faulconer tracks, I'd believe you. Very impressive.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.