Official MasakoX What if thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Official MasakoX What if thread

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:52 am

Since I don't see an official thread about MasakoX what if, I think it's good to open one and discuss here about all the what if that MasakoX created and have a conversation about them.

What are your favourite what if from him ? How do you feel some of his what if will went ? And did MasakoX works inspire you for your own work ?

For me my favourites what if are What if Raditz Turned Good, What if Gine went with Goku on earth and What if Goku never lose to Roshi. Thus far those what if are the most creative one for me.

Not much is left to discuss about What if Raditz even though MasakoX started to do a GT portion of Raditz story so I'll discuss more about Gine and her implication with Cell and the Androids IMO I think she will replace Androids 16 to trigger Gohan SSJ2 it's my theory of what will happen. As for What if Goku never lose to Roshi, I think Goku will turn nutso and accept Raditz offer.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: Official MasakoX What if thread

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:45 am

I watch most of the What If shows, but the only two I care about is the R&R series and Goku never losing to Roshi

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:15 am

FoolsGil wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:45 am I watch most of the What If shows, but the only two I care about is the R&R series and Goku never losing to Roshi
What you like about the R&R series ?
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:12 am

I like the slice of life plotlines.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:25 pm

I've fallen behind on a lot of these and most other Youtube things I watch, but the last one I watched that I really liked was the one about Mr. Satan training under Master Roshi. It's a really fun concept to see played around with, and I kind of wish it'd get some kind of adaptation like he's doing with R&R.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:43 pm

I'll be honest; the reason I don't follow Masako's R&R story, is because when a fanfic OC is made the central protagonist of a story otherwise following the main plotline of the series, EVERYTHING becomes centered around the OC, and takes away from other characters. Not to mention the sheer amount of Mary Sues/Gary Stues that result from such things. And can't forget characters acting out of character.

Too many red flags for me to get into.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:04 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:43 pm I'll be honest; the reason I don't follow Masako's R&R story, is because when a fanfic OC is made the central protagonist of a story otherwise following the main plotline of the series, EVERYTHING becomes centered around the OC, and takes away from other characters. Not to mention the sheer amount of Mary Sues/Gary Stues that result from such things. And can't forget characters acting out of character.

Too many red flags for me to get into.
Well, Masoko avoids the issue. R&R takes place during the post buu peace arc, and apparently pre-BoG. And the series goes out of its way to follow the other characters. Newest episode is about Yamcha.