Adding the original Budokai OST's into the HD collection (help)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TatumJay

Adding the original Budokai OST's into the HD collection (help)

Post by TatumJay » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:59 pm

As you all know, the OST's of Budokai 1 and 3 were replaced when these two games were re-released as Budokai HD on the PS3 (X360).

I'm in the process of making a modded version of the Budokai HD that has the OST's of the original two games. I know how to do it (swap the .afs files in the iso). Changing Budokai 3 was very easy because the files's names matched one-to-one. But I'm having trouble with Budokai 1's OST because the file names don't match.

For those that have done this, you know that you simply need to swap the .afs files (and then upload the iso with the updated files onto your PS3's hard drive). This is shown in the photo below. The left Finder Window is the Budokai HD files; the right Finder Window is the two audio files from the original Budokai 1. As you can see, there are no corresponding ADX_US and DATA_US in the HD Collection.

So where do I go from here? (I've actually done this process before and succeeded, and so I know this is possible, but it was for someone else and thus I don't have access to the files anymore).

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Adding the original Budokai OST's into the HD collection (help)

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:19 am

Seems like one of your HD collection is European (hence the multilingual files) and the other is American. B3 is fundamentally identical between regions (save refresh rates), but B1 has quite a few differences between regions, so that's probably why the disparity between files. If that's the case, you'd need games from the same region.