(Project idea) Dragon Ball Z Kai Upscale

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

SpiritBombTriumphant
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: (Project idea) Dragon Ball Z Kai Upscale

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:53 pm

So I looked at one of the links above from framecompare, and I must say this of the #3 Kai 1080p Upscale DNR version. It looks nice, but somewhat off. A tad into uncanny valley. The trees look great and the image generally looks great, but if you view the image at full resolution (right click > view image) then you can see flaws.

Just look at the edges of Goku's arms and face. You can see the flaws of this method of upscaling + DNR. Then the areas I circled in red are noticeable. Yes, I am a bit banal about this but I feel that if I can see these flaws in a single frame at full resolution, how would it look if you animated even 10 seconds?
alakazam^ wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:24 pm
Shiyonasan wrote:Just when you thought there couldn't be anymore Yamamoto rip offs...
At this point, I think it's safe to say everything he did was plagiarized. Basically, if you hear a tune that sounds like it could have vocals, then it most likely did.

Jesta'

Post by Jesta' » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:34 pm

SpiritBombTriumphant wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:53 pm
So I looked at one of the links above from framecompare, and I must say this of the #3 Kai 1080p Upscale DNR version. It looks nice, but somewhat off. A tad into uncanny valley.
First off, I'm glad you enjoyed the screenshot! Next, I made a mistake when labeling those screenshots, that's actually the upscale without DNR. Third, that may be correctable by using a 1080p source instead of 720p or the Level Sets.

ronaldnorth_03
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ronaldnorth_03 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:24 pm

So should we do a one-minute teaser about the project? We must present the project to be able to build a team and generate interest. With this tool we can make a decent release, even if it takes years ...

Jesta'

Post by Jesta' » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:22 pm

It's terrible I know