Dragon Ball Super: Mastered Edition (RECUT)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super: Mastered Edition (RECUT)

Post by EGonzo » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:01 pm

Glad to see you back

TARIPAR

Post by TARIPAR » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:24 pm

So, how do I go about downloading this edit? The link to Mega on the website says the folder got deleted. And BoG and RF don't seem to work either.
If I had to choose between an overprotective, former-kung-fu girl and a self-absorbed, feisty tech-wizard, I'd probably choose the sneezing schizophrenic. Or the turtle.

Grande Pesquisador

Post by Grande Pesquisador » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:30 pm

This project lost its meaning for me at the end of last year. I'm reformulating it, and testing some things, mainly in the visual aspect. I haven't decided what the colors will be yet. I see there are people like Ajay who are great at this.

Working alone to do this takes much longer than desired. So if anyone is interested in embarking on this crazy adventure, working frame by frame, send me a private message.

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Grande Pesquisador

Post by Grande Pesquisador » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:07 pm

Before I get started with Dragon Ball Super, I want to test this out with the 2010 OVA, which has the visuals that have been heavily criticized by animation enthusiasts of the franchise.

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:44 pm

What kind of project will it be this time? Just a recoloring to classic colors or similar to the first where it was to be more like the manga?

Grande Pesquisador

Post by Grande Pesquisador » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:47 am

Follow the visual style of the 2008 OVA.

Vinstaro

Post by Vinstaro » Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:48 pm

This looks awesome, 1 question, how can I watch or download it? I don’t see any links and I am so excited for this!!!

Vectur123

Post by Vectur123 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:12 pm

looks amazing! any updates?

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:20 am

Doesn't seem to be any

Grim_Furīza

Post by Grim_Furīza » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:16 am

You could ask The Ultra Instinct Cut of Dragon Ball Super to help with this project. Might make things easier

spin1490

Post by spin1490 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:49 pm

Looking at the pics from your last few posts those changes to the artsyle would be amazing.
To make things easier for you, like someone else suggested, you could do this for the Ultra Instinct of Super instead of the full anime, which brings the runtime down to around half of what it was by removing filler and unnecessary flashbacks.
You can find downloads for the episodes on their discord, they have all of super except for the last 20ish episodes done:
https://discord.gg/B52dh7cFY4

Also, for a filter to put on top of the touched up images, a group of artists on youtube did a small project where they re-drew super scenes in a Z style, and then put a screen filter on top of the images that made it look just like OG DBZ. Maybe you could reach out to them to try and get the filter.
https://youtu.be/XC9rJz04B2k

SaqCoyoy

Post by SaqCoyoy » Sun May 14, 2023 12:32 am

this is an older project but i hope it's still going on. Do you have any backups of your old edits? Were they dub only? Can't stand the dub or this mess of an anime which sucks because the manga and the movies are incredible. Highly doubt we'll ever get a Kai edit of Super.