Dragon Ball Super: Mastered Edition (RECUT)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ronaldnorth_03
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super: Mastered Edition (RECUT)

Post by ronaldnorth_03 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:27 pm

Impressive! :o You're right, it makes all the difference!

Goku1085

Post by Goku1085 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:16 pm

Really glad to hear that mate! :D I look forward to see your polished and updated version of your episodes when they get out! One final advice. Take it slowly. No need to rush! Just take your time and do it right! ;)

ronaldnorth_03
Beyond Newbie

Post by ronaldnorth_03 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:09 pm

Ok! :thumbup:

Goku1085

Post by Goku1085 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:04 am

One more thing I should clarify is the "Signs & Songs" subtitle track. That's the track that's aimed at the English dub watch fans. Meaning, it needs to have all the non-English translated signs (like signs of texts, roads, shops, gi etc.), episode titles and next episode titles and songs. For example, assuming you use the Japanese BDs, you need to include the translations of the episode and next episode titles on the "Signs & Songs" track and every other Japanese Sign, but if you use the English dub OPs/EDs, you mustn't include English translations for those. Basically, the "Signs & Songs" track translates everything visually and aurally that is Japanese to English for the English dub viewers.

I hope I make it easy to understand! One vital detail for the subs is to quality check them for right timing, typos, mistakes and errors and choose decent fonts for them (that's where you use your creativity). If you're having problems with the fonts, I could try finding you one to use.

ronaldnorth_03
Beyond Newbie

Post by ronaldnorth_03 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:35 pm

I'm testing ways to edit Kaioken scenes, as I plan to remove it. And I want to make the SSB's aura as similar as possible. It is only the first step, I still need to find a balance between white and blue in the aura and also the outline of it.

Image Image

ronaldnorth_03
Beyond Newbie

Post by ronaldnorth_03 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:49 pm

The outcome of this arc seems to be simple, so that it develops without incongruence it is necessary to modify scenes of the Kaioken Blue, it can be laborious, but it will not be as big as the next arc.

I am already thinking about how to resolve the outcome of Zamasu Arc. Would it be positive to have Vegetto defeat Zamasu and justify his presence in history, eliminating the scenes from the Genki-Sword?

Even so, it would be necessary to bring Zamasu back to kill all humans.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:41 am

ronaldnorth_03 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:49 pm The outcome of this arc seems to be simple, so that it develops without incongruence it is necessary to modify scenes of the Kaioken Blue, it can be laborious, but it will not be as big as the next arc.

I am already thinking about how to resolve the outcome of Zamasu Arc. Would it be positive to have Vegetto defeat Zamasu and justify his presence in history, eliminating the scenes from the Genki-Sword?

Even so, it would be necessary to bring Zamasu back to kill all humans.
Honestly, I don't think the utter nonsensical mess of the Black arc can be fixed. Ultimately, even if you cut a few beats, it still does boil down to "Zamas is defeated but then is not defeated and he wins but everyone escapes and everything is fine and no one feels any consequences at all and Trunks gets to return to his timeline anyway so everyone gets a happily ever after."

I really don't think these issues could be fixed using the original footage and dialogue.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

ronaldnorth_03
Beyond Newbie

Post by ronaldnorth_03 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:53 pm

Ajay wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:47 pm Not sure if you saw and want to do your own one anyway, but myself and a few others produced our own Kikuchi cut a little while ago - viewtopic.php?t=36698
I'm having a problem with a scene from Pilaf, Mai and Shu in the bingo room. Even separating the audio channels, the music was still very loud. What do you guys to decrease the volume of it?

Nanatsu88

Post by Nanatsu88 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:51 pm

That change of aura from Kaioken to Blue is perfect!!! I'm looking forward to seeing how you've modified the SSBlue by the yellow SSnormal. I really want to see how the change looks and I would be very interested to know what method you use to make that change. I thought that making changes in hair color and aura and that they were perfect was impossible.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:51 pm

Nice job! How many episodes do you think this will be in total? DBS had some good moments but unfortunately had a lot of padding and unnecessary scenes that didn't feel like they added anything to the story. There was another fan edit of the ToP that brought it down to 12 or 14 episodes. I didn't get a chance to watch all of it but the pacing was much better and felt more like a battle royale.
Robo4900 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:41 amHonestly, I don't think the utter nonsensical mess of the Black arc can be fixed. Ultimately, even if you cut a few beats, it still does boil down to "Zamas is defeated but then is not defeated and he wins but everyone escapes and everything is fine and no one feels any consequences at all and Trunks gets to return to his timeline anyway so everyone gets a happily ever after."
If the second Zeno could be editted out from Universe Survival saga, the Goku Black saga could skipped entirely. There's no mention of Trunks or Zamasu and the second Zeno is the only hint that something happened between the U6 tournament and ToP. If the goal is a Toriyama's outline recut of DBS, maybe it could reduced enough to feel like a movie? It's hard to tell but I assume Toriyama's version would be shorter than the manga's since that's basically the outline + Toyotaro's additions.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:07 pm

Skar wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:51 pm
Robo4900 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:41 amHonestly, I don't think the utter nonsensical mess of the Black arc can be fixed. Ultimately, even if you cut a few beats, it still does boil down to "Zamas is defeated but then is not defeated and he wins but everyone escapes and everything is fine and no one feels any consequences at all and Trunks gets to return to his timeline anyway so everyone gets a happily ever after."
If the second Zeno could be editted out from Universe Survival saga, the Goku Black saga could skipped entirely. There's no mention of Trunks or Zamasu and the second Zeno is the only hint that something happened between the U6 tournament and ToP.
True!!

I don't know if anything might come up in Super 2.0 (though I'd say it'd be VERY unlikely. Probably the two Zenos will forever just be comedy material), but if OP is willing to edit out the second Zeno (somehow), then that terrible arc could indeed be skipped.

... Though editing the second Zeno out may be way easier said than done.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:36 pm

Robo4900 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:07 pm... Though editing the second Zeno out may be way easier said than done.
I remember the Zeno scenes in the tournament were mostly "oohs and aahs" during fights so I guess a lot of that could cut out and fewer scenes to edit. He could also just crop out the second Zeno and keep a different aspect ratio for those scenes :P.

Hobby Bill
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hobby Bill » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:11 am

Skar wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:51 pm If the second Zeno could be editted out from Universe Survival saga, the Goku Black saga could skipped entirely. There's no mention of Trunks or Zamasu and the second Zeno is the only hint that something happened between the U6 tournament and ToP. If the goal is a Toriyama's outline recut of DBS, maybe it could reduced enough to feel like a movie? It's hard to tell but I assume Toriyama's version would be shorter than the manga's since that's basically the outline + Toyotaro's additions.
This sounds great to me. So long as he doesn't entirely skip some of the nostalgic Uni 7 fights (Kuririn v Goku, Gohan v Goku), I am totally down for this. Removing one of the Zenos, as far as I can tell, is an elegant solution (as of the Broly movie). Not even the single frame TOP flashbacks feature either of the Zenos (just checked). But since there are no guarantees, I may upload a better version of the "Skipping FT arc" episode for those who are interested, which incorporates both Zenos, circumventing any future problems. (Shameless plug I know, but it's 90% done and I found a way to make it much more seamless, some of you guys may appreciate it.)

All in all, for fans who really want to see the FT arc, maybe make a film edit? The arc gives off that vibe, the inconsequential non-canon material with cool fights.

One last thing. This project is definitely getting a lot of requests, so I am reluctant to throw another one in. But for the dub, could you release seperate musicless tracks? It would be nice to have that rescoring ability on hand.

Great work!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:36 am

Future Trunks arc can easily be cut down a lot into a few episodes, so that there’s no need to go and edit out every single instance where there are two Zenos, as that would most likely be painstakingly difficult and ultimately not worth the effort.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:53 am

Hobby Bill wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:11 am All in all, for fans who really want to see the FT arc, maybe make a film edit? The arc gives off that vibe, the inconsequential non-canon material with cool fights.
emperior wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:36 am Future Trunks arc can easily be cut down a lot into a few episodes, so that there’s no need to go and edit out every single instance where there are two Zenos, as that would most likely be painstakingly difficult and ultimately not worth the effort.
Why not combine these ideas.

Make a ~90-minute movie edit of the Black arc (or a 45-minute TV special if you think you can cut it down that far. I'd be sceptical of this, but hey, it could be possible), and have it be explicitly presented as a largely-inconsequential spinoff type thing. But it does take place in-canon, so there are two Zenos in the main show after the movie. But nothing else ripples into the show, so it doesn't really matter to the story.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:08 am

Hobby Bill wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:11 amThis sounds great to me. So long as he doesn't entirely skip some of the nostalgic Uni 7 fights (Kuririn v Goku, Gohan v Goku), I am totally down for this. Removing one of the Zenos, as far as I can tell, is an elegant solution (as of the Broly movie). Not even the single frame TOP flashbacks feature either of the Zenos (just checked). But since there are no guarantees, I may upload a better version of the "Skipping FT arc" episode for those who are interested, which incorporates both Zenos, circumventing any future problems. (Shameless plug I know, but it's 90% done and I found a way to make it much more seamless, some of you guys may appreciate it.)
I remember that! Did you come up with where the second Zeno originally from? If it's an unseen timeline that the other Zeno destroyed, it might difficult to explain how Goku found out and travelled there. The film edit of the Goku Black saga might be the easiest approach. There are two film versions on Youtube I found (I wasn't sure if it's okay to share so just search "Goku Black film"). I only skimmed through them but they could be used a reference.

Hobby Bill
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hobby Bill » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:40 am

Skar wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:08 am I remember that! Did you come up with where the second Zeno originally from? If it's an unseen timeline that the other Zeno destroyed, it might difficult to explain how Goku found out and travelled there. The film edit of the Goku Black saga might be the easiest approach. There are two film versions on Youtube I found (I wasn't sure if it's okay to share so just search "Goku Black film"). I only skimmed through them but they could be used a reference.
I saw one of the Goku Black arc movies, and they did fix the ending somewhat. But I remember asking the creator why he didn't include the second Zeno scene. No response but I'm guessing it didn't fit with the tragic destroyed future motif.

I did find a way to make it more believable as to how Goku got the idea. In fact, it's more believable now because the episode now opens up with the construction of the time machine. I added in a total of two minutes of footage and it helps a lot. But as for your main criticism, I address it indirectly. As in the episode as a whole, and a clarification I added in, make it more forgivable.

Anyways I'll stop hijacking this thread :lol:

ronaldnorth_03
Beyond Newbie

Post by ronaldnorth_03 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:53 pm

Robo4900 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:07 pm
Skar wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:51 pm
If the second Zeno could be editted out from Universe Survival saga, the Goku Black saga could skipped entirely. There's no mention of Trunks or Zamasu and the second Zeno is the only hint that something happened between the U6 tournament and ToP.
True!!

I don't know if anything might come up in Super 2.0 (though I'd say it'd be VERY unlikely. Probably the two Zenos will forever just be comedy material), but if OP is willing to edit out the second Zeno (somehow), then that terrible arc could indeed be skipped.

... Though editing the second Zeno out may be way easier said than done.
It is practically impossible. In almost every scene they are together. But I can already say, the pace will be much better and the way the recruitment is done will be different. In addition, the Zeno Exhibition Tournament will be excluded, as it did not suit any of the characters. Toppo did not become Goku's rival, Gohan did not establish himself as a warrior ...

ronaldnorth_03
Beyond Newbie

Post by ronaldnorth_03 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:16 pm

From what I'm seeing, Champa Arc will have 11 episodes. Although I find the original version small and monotonous and appears to be dragged due to the struggles that are mostly weak.

ronaldnorth_03
Beyond Newbie

Post by ronaldnorth_03 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:57 pm

I am currently experimenting and structuring the episodes for entire arc releases. It would be a dream?

ImageImage