Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:16 pm

Its time to anon this shit up! *Ahem*
ITT: Butthurt fags who can't draw, so they tear other peoples art up!

peterx
Beyond Newbie

Post by peterx » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:48 pm

Rory wrote:Its time to anon this shit up! *Ahem*
ITT: Butthurt fags who can't draw, so they tear other peoples art up!
LoL... If u dont like it get the Fuck out of here, LOSER!

-------
btw: big thanks for translation Herms! :)

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:38 pm

1st panel
Xicor: [right] Hahah, have you lost it, Son Gohan? [left] If you strike from there, the Earth [can't quite figure this out, but to the effect that he'd just screw up the Earth]
Xicor: Hahah, have you lost it, Son Gohan? If you fire that from there, the Earth will suffer the consequences!

That phrase was ただではすまん(ない).

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:08 pm

peterx wrote:LoL... If u dont like it get the Fuck out of here, LOSER
More, give me more delicious tears!!

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:42 pm

Must you two clog up this topic with your bullshit?

Anyway, the new pages look great, and thanks to Herms and Tatsunoboshi Horoko for their great translations!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:58 pm

Metrite wrote:
DaemonCorps wrote:Not once did I suspect any reference drawing in these latest pages.
Several panels looked familiar to me. There's only one that I recognized instantly, though.

We should have a contest on who can recognize the most references and the hardest to notice ones. I doesn't bother me at all that he does it. It's just kind of fun to see which scenes the pics were based on. :P
Well, this one is sort of a stretch, I would say this is more of a 'hey, I just saw movie eight, maybe I'll throw in a shot' and less of a 'I'm tracin'' sort of thing.

Wow, this just keeps getting more exciting! I've passed it on to a friend at school today, even!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

peterx
Beyond Newbie

Post by peterx » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:15 pm

There is a new version from page 87-88-89!

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:33 am

http://desirecampbell.com/index.php?page=pro_dbaf

Pages up! As well as the two new wallpapers! Exclamation point!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:14 pm

Not sure if this is considered necro-posting or whatever but I just wanted to say I really appreciate the level of attention to detail that Toyble pays. Sadly, I've got one problem: how did Son Gohan become a Super Saiyan 4? I thought only pure blooded Saiyans could obtain this form or are we just suppose to write it off because it is cool?

I am also surprised by the level of damage Gohan seems to be able to deal, the whole planet seemed to be shaking, city buildings were crumbling and I really think that's a testament to Toyble's level of detail.

Man, I cannot wait for new pages... :shock:
She/Her
bisexual milf

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:33 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sadly, I've got one problem: how did Son Gohan become a Super Saiyan 4? I thought only pure blooded Saiyans could obtain this form or are we just suppose to write it off because it is cool?
There's actually nothing ever said in GT that implies only pure blooded Saiyans can reach Super Saiyan 4. Vegeta has one line about not being able to transform into SSJ4 when possessed by Baby because Baby's cells were getting in the way or some such thing, but it's a hell of stretch from there to saying half Saiyans can't reach SSJ4.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:09 pm

Herms wrote:
JulieYBM wrote: Sadly, I've got one problem: how did Son Gohan become a Super Saiyan 4? I thought only pure blooded Saiyans could obtain this form or are we just suppose to write it off because it is cool?
There's actually nothing ever said in GT that implies only pure blooded Saiyans can reach Super Saiyan 4. Vegeta has one line about not being able to transform into SSJ4 when possessed by Baby because Baby's cells were getting in the way or some such thing, but it's a hell of stretch from there to saying half Saiyans can't reach SSJ4.
Oh, I see. That's a relief. I was always slightly miffed that Gohan took a back seat in GT, espicially when he turned Super Saiyan despite what the Elder KaiôShin did to him. I guess in some strange cosmis way this comic makes up for it...
She/Her
bisexual milf

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:39 pm

Wew, I'm finally back!
Hey desirecampbell, where are the newest pages? Are they translated yet? it's been almost a month :/
I need my fix man @_@

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:05 pm

DNA wrote:Wew, I'm finally back!
Hey desirecampbell, where are the newest pages? Are they translated yet? it's been almost a month :/
I need my fix man @_@
What pages are you talking about, the newest ones are 81-90, if that's what you mean than they're right here.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:54 am

Ooohh... They are on the zip file? I normally take them from the pages below. And there it's only until page number 86. :x *shame* ;_;

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:15 pm

Yeah, I finished the typesetting the day we moved (and haven't had a chance to do anything since then) and forgot to throw the images up on the page too. They're up there now, along with the two new wallpapers (DB Online human and namek).

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:35 pm

Okay. So apparently, my traffic exploded in May (and doubled that in June) and thus I used twice the allocated bandwidth for all of my sites.

So, the AF pages have been moved to rapidshare. I'm not happy about it, but it's been done; and it'll stay that way until I can figure out a better solution.

Anyway, if you're having any trouble grabbing them, tell me and I'll do my best to fix it.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:36 pm

Herms wrote:
While I disagree, there's a much worse thing about it - Gohan's Mystic form was his absolute max, and he should no more be able to go SSJ4 than SSJ1.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:58 pm

Rocketman wrote:While I disagree, there's a much worse thing about it - Gohan's Mystic form was his absolute max, and he should no more be able to go SSJ4 than SSJ1.
Based on what? The Elder Kaioshin said that he'd draw forth Gohan's hidden power to beyond his limits. He never said anything about Gohan never being able to get any stronger than that. Karin said the Super God Water would draw out all of Goku's hidden power, but obviously that didn't stop Goku from eventually becoming a Super Saiyan.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:03 pm

Herms wrote:
Rocketman wrote:While I disagree, there's a much worse thing about it - Gohan's Mystic form was his absolute max, and he should no more be able to go SSJ4 than SSJ1.
Based on what? The Elder Kaioshin said that he'd draw forth Gohan's hidden power to beyond his limits. He never said anything about Gohan never being able to get any stronger than that. Karin said the Super God Water would draw out all of Goku's hidden power, but obviously that didn't stop Goku from eventually becoming a Super Saiyan.
There is some evidence showing that he couldn't grow past his limits. For instance, after being healed by Dende, Boo remarks that "He's only back to normal. He hasn't powered up at all..." or whatever. You'd expect him to get a "Zenkai" power up after his near-death experience.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:42 pm

I don't know, I just find it hard that Gohan's hit the roof like that. Saiyan's grow more mighty with their rage and we all know Gohan's got plenty of that.
She/Her
bisexual milf