Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Post by DaemonCorps » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:05 am

-edit- for the current discussion, see the last few pages of this thread, for the pages themselves, visit http://desirecampbell.com/dbaf

Bored, I again checked out the DBAF fan manga page and found that not only is there a new page available, but the person's drawings have been moved to his/her blog. Uh-oh, looks like GS-Man 3's gonna be the first victim of Freeza's mom's lackey...

And as always, DO NOT go and start making this a bashing DBAF page. We all know that the series is fake. This person is just a fan who wishes to go on with his/her own fanmade story.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:49 am

I just saw that yesterday. It's some really good stuff. Hopefully he sticks to this, and better yet, releases it printed! :P

Taku128

Post by Taku128 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:04 am

fps_anth wrote:I just saw that yesterday. It's some really good stuff. Hopefully he sticks to this, and better yet, releases it printed! :P
Hopefully it doesn't get printed. We don't want him to get fined and he stops drawing it. Even without a translation its entertaining! :D
­

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:28 am

Thanks for the second headsup, DaemonCorps. The first one was pretty good, but they jumped around too much to get what was going on. I'm curious to see what will happen with Goten and the Broli/Goku looking villian.

-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

DBZ MAN
Regular

Post by DBZ MAN » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:03 pm

Wow This is amazing! It looks very close to what Toriyama's style. I hope we can get a translation on this or a brief synopsis.
http://dbz-man.deviantart.com/

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:46 pm

Eh. It's okay.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:35 pm

Well, let's just hope that there are gonna be more new pages before posting in this thread is qualified as necro-posting, because although that was a good page and it is a very well-drawn manga, I don't think one measly page is enough for a whole thread.

It looks good, though. ^^;
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DB_Fan » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:03 pm

I never liked those AF pictures. :?

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:06 pm

Yeah, and the bad guy looks kinda iffy.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:15 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:Well, let's just hope that there are gonna be more new pages before posting in this thread is qualified as necro-posting, because although that was a good page and it is a very well-drawn manga, I don't think one measly page is enough for a whole thread.

It looks good, though. ^^;
Heh, sorry about that. I was kinda unsure about whether I should start this thread in the first place, since it's only one page. But what a one page it is :shock:... I mean at least we're starting to get a better idea about where the author is going with the plot...
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:47 am

We need Julian to translate this DBAF manga ;)

Payne222
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Payne222 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:24 am

We need Julian to translate this DBAF manga :wink:
Haha, yes, I agree. I would translate it...but I would need Furigana...(T_T)
Gomen!!
「あの地球人のように?・・・クリリンのことか・・・クリリンのことか————っ!!!!!!」

「オレは地球からきさまをたおすためにやってきたサイヤ人・・・おだやかな心をもちながらはげしい怒りによって目覚めた伝説の戦士・・・超サイヤ人孫悟空だ!!!!!」

Mystic Jack
Regular

Post by Mystic Jack » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:30 am

:roll: Looks pretty good.... I guess.
Singer, actor, chiropractor!

Payne222
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Payne222 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:40 am

Hey I was checking out the "toyble" DBAF doujinshi, when I found this image of Super Saiya-Jin Pan and Bra.

http://image.blog.livedoor.jp/toyble/I'm ... 0bfa81.jpg

The text says:
日本語 ー 超サイヤ人ぐらい 私たちだってなれますけど!!!
English (Not literally) - It is even possible for us to become Super Saiya-Jin!!!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:08 am

The page won't load for me for some reason.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Payne222
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Payne222 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:20 pm

I don't know why it wont...did you wait for it to load? Also, why does toyble have pages 1-21 and then, what pages 57-59? Anyone else wonder about that tad bit of a gap?

Payne222
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Payne222 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:37 am

やった!!
Haha, I've got an E-mail sent out to toyble (the doujinshi's creator)! We may be able to accually talk with him/her, maybe in a podcast too, haha.
Here's what I wrote to toyble:
こんにちは、toybleさん。オレの名前は「Payne」です。オレはあなたのマンガ「ドラゴンボールAF」が好きです。ここ、アメリカの多くの人々がそれも楽しみます!!マンガに関してあなたに尋ねたがっているドラゴンボールウェブサイトがあります。それはwww.daizex.com。あなたは英語を知っていますか?そうでなければ、OK。ウェブサイト男性のひとりは日本語を知っています。メールで、返答してください! bpayne222@yahoo.com . ありがとうございます!!

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:35 am

Let's put the story aside. Let's also put the whole AF thing aside.

Let's look at the artwork. That's the thing a lot of us are liking. It's because it's so freakin' close to Toriyama's Dragon Ball art-style when he was still making the manga.

Heck, this kinda even looks like recent Toriyama art.

Payne222
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Payne222 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:14 pm

Let's put the story aside. Let's also put the whole AF thing aside.

Let's look at the artwork. That's the thing a lot of us are liking. It's because it's so freakin' close to Toriyama's Dragon Ball art-style when he was still making the manga.

Heck, this kinda even looks like recent Toriyama art.
Yes, I do agree. That was one of the reasons I've come to think it's amazing for!! (Also, the story is pretty sweet too!!)

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:24 pm

In the beginning, I thought he was tracing some of Toriyama's later drawings. Like that picture of SSJ2 Goku was just like SSJ2 Goku fighting Vegeta. Or the image of "Omega" Shenron was just like that picture of Cell after he was beaten by Gohan... O_o
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]