Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

johnboy1
Regular

Re: Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Post by johnboy1 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:45 am

macho_man wrote:Also, if there's someone who still sticks on to this topic, I'm going to upload the exclusive contents of the first printed edition of DBAF 1. There are some different drawn panels and exclusive pages. :wink:
I'd love to see those when you can get around to uploading them.
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:49 am

Very very soon, I'm scanning them

L·Lawliet
Not-So-Newbie

Post by L·Lawliet » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:48 am

thank :thumbup:

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:41 pm

As I promised, here there are scans of Toyble's DBAF 1 (2007), the first printed volume. I've not included all of the 68 pages, but just the only ones who differ from the volume 1 definitive version printed later (in 2008). You may already have seen some of these pages, as some of them were alredy published in toyble's blog... but some other panels weren't. Enjoy!
http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/Juqr4p8Y/file.html

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Sat May 02, 2015 6:45 am

Also, to be more specific, the sequences of the Shusugoro phone call, Piccolo in Hell with Freeza and Cell, Kaioshins looking for Son Goku are totally missing from this 2007 first print.

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Sat May 02, 2015 11:39 am

Wait a minute. Those three pages near the end obviously take place past the point he's gotten to in volume 5. Those were in a printing of volume 1? And are there translations of them?
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Sat May 02, 2015 2:18 pm

johnboy1 wrote:Wait a minute. Those three pages near the end obviously take place past the point he's gotten to in volume 5. Those were in a printing of volume 1? And are there translations of them?
Yes, there's already translation for those pages since they were uploaded in low quality also on his blog. This is a little timeskip sketch from volume 1 he drew in 2007 (work in progress, he wanted to improve arts and plot later), but essentially we just know what Toyble intended for SSJ5: a Super Saiyan gains it with a fusion with Shenlong (more specifically, the one from Earth, red stars balls). Maybe this would have led to Vegeta+Polunga and Broly+Ultimate Shenlong, but it's just a supposition. And here there's a little hint about it... but I repeat, it's just speculation. Or a reference to the Blue Dragon series...
The connection between Saiyans and Shenlongs is very strong in this doujinshi: the Saiyans, as stated by the Old Kaioshin 'the race of light' are the only ones who can revive Dragon Balls with their ki.
The translation of those pages is here or there, if I find it I'll quote it here.

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Sat May 02, 2015 6:00 pm

macho_man wrote:
johnboy1 wrote:Wait a minute. Those three pages near the end obviously take place past the point he's gotten to in volume 5. Those were in a printing of volume 1? And are there translations of them?
Yes, there's already translation for those pages since they were uploaded in low quality also on his blog. This is a little timeskip sketch from volume 1 he drew in 2007 (work in progress, he wanted to improve arts and plot later), but essentially we just know what Toyble intended for SSJ5: a Super Saiyan gains it with a fusion with Shenlong (more specifically, the one from Earth, red stars balls). Maybe this would have led to Vegeta+Polunga and Broly+Ultimate Shenlong, but it's just a supposition. And here there's a little hint about it... but I repeat, it's just speculation. Or a reference to the Blue Dragon series...
The connection between Saiyans and Shenlongs is very strong in this doujinshi: the Saiyans, as stated by the Old Kaioshin 'the race of light' are the only ones who can revive Dragon Balls with their ki.
The translation of those pages is here or there, if I find it I'll quote it here.
Thanks for the explanation! I found the three pages on Desire Campbell's site. So, I think I've finally got all of Toyble's fan-manga materials collected in translation (except for the gag stuff).

DB Zero: Episode 1
DB Zero
Tapion's backstory
DBAF: Episode Zero
DBAF: Volumes 1-4
Unfinished volume 5 sketches from blog
Two pages from Ultra DB #4
[story skip]
Three pages showing SS5 transformation
[story skip]
Epilogue with the Turtle Hermit from Volume 4

That's it, right?
Last edited by johnboy1 on Sun May 03, 2015 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat May 02, 2015 8:35 pm

I'm sorry, but what are these?

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Sun May 03, 2015 12:16 am

DNA wrote:I'm sorry, but what are these?

The first is the two-page comic showing that Goku was killed by Yi Xing Long, and that Shen Long merged his spirit with Goku's body in order to revive him and achieve victory. The other two pages continue where the unfinished sketches from Toyble's blog leave off: Oob and Kuririn are fighting Xicor when they sense Goku's ki, and Goku is on the lookout trying to guess if he can defeat Xicor or not. That's as far as the continuous narrative has gotten as of now. Beyond that, we skip ahead to the SSJ5 transformation scene after Goku arrives on the battlefield, and after that the story is a complete mystery until the century-later epilogue with the Turtle Hermit dying.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Sun May 03, 2015 5:19 am

There's also a gag chapter, a DBGT flashback with fat adult Gotenks and another gag chapter stating that toyble, king of the world above the one of ryuo'shins, is busy playing with a battle card game...

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun May 03, 2015 5:48 am

Okay so, I've got both Dragon Ball Zero chapters; all four Dragon Ball AF; the Epilogue chapter and I've re-downloaded the Super Saiyan 5 pages. I'm missing everything else, can someone upload them here or tell me where to get them?

Also, I'm not missing the Tapion backstory, but I did talk with Desire Campbell about remaking it to look better, he disappeared though. As it stands, I've got his version which was translated by Herms and I've got a French version which is much cleaner in terms of text position, all I would need is someone to grab the English text and put it over the French text. I'll upload the French version soon, I think I left it in an external storage.

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Sun May 03, 2015 10:04 am

DNA wrote:Okay so, I've got both Dragon Ball Zero chapters; all four Dragon Ball AF; the Epilogue chapter and I've re-downloaded the Super Saiyan 5 pages. I'm missing everything else, can someone upload them here or tell me where to get them?

Also, I'm not missing the Tapion backstory, but I did talk with Desire Campbell about remaking it to look better, he disappeared though. As it stands, I've got his version which was translated by Herms and I've got a French version which is much cleaner in terms of text position, all I would need is someone to grab the English text and put it over the French text. I'll upload the French version soon, I think I left it in an external storage.
Here's the volume 5 sketches from his blog: http://nuruigumi.tumblr.com/post/771177 ... l-af-manga. The translation leaves a lot to be desired, but any port in a storm and all that. Sadly, if you want to download them, you'll have to do right-click->save-as on each individual image.

Here's the two further pages continuing from the sketches: http://www10.zippyshare.com/v/eYgQL6lw/file.html

Here's Episode Zero (along with some other unrelated stuff): https://www.mediafire.com/?9v427lc6ors6kni

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon May 04, 2015 7:11 am

Thanks dude, I also just got those Super Saiyan 5 Goku pages from DesireCampbell's website, he's got them translated there.
Apart from him, is anyone else active in terms of typesetting and formatting? I think Herms has translated pretty much everything, we just need someone as good as DesireCampbell and willing to do it.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Mon May 04, 2015 7:43 am

DNA wrote:Thanks dude, I also just got those Super Saiyan 5 Goku pages from DesireCampbell's website, he's got them translated there.
Apart from him, is anyone else active in terms of typesetting and formatting? I think Herms has translated pretty much everything, we just need someone as good as DesireCampbell and willing to do it.
I'm good enough in doing this, I've already typesetted 'DBZero Episode 1 - Bardock's Secret'. What remains to be scanlated?

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon May 04, 2015 7:57 am

Well, volume 5 sketches done properly would be nice. And I'll post the Tapion short I was talking about later today. I belive that will be all.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Mon May 04, 2015 8:00 am

DNA wrote:Well, volume 5 sketches done properly would be nice. And I'll post the Tapion short I was talking about later today. I belive that will be all.
Yes, we just need a proper translation for those pages, and we actually don't have it.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon May 04, 2015 8:02 am

Didn't Herms do it a few pages back? I thought he had done it.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Mon May 04, 2015 8:11 am

DNA wrote:Didn't Herms do it a few pages back? I thought he had done it.
I'm pretty sure Herms hasn't translated yet that last part. :(

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon May 04, 2015 12:03 pm

Right so, here's what I have of Tapion:

This is the original DesireCampbell version:

And this is the French made reorganized version:
ImageImageImageImage

I'm my opinion, the French version looks much more cleaner. Now if only it could be re-reorganized into proper comic book page sizes. Unfortunately I know nothing of image editing :C