Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Post by macho_man » Mon May 04, 2015 12:12 pm

Good, I've also original jap version published on toyblog in best quality availlable, maybe something good could be made from it.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon May 04, 2015 2:13 pm

I suppose you also have the raw digital unfinished version of chapter 5?

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Mon May 04, 2015 2:57 pm

DNA wrote:I suppose you also have the raw digital unfinished version of chapter 5?
Yes, I'm sure I have them somewhere, the ones I downloaded from toyblog. Still we need a well done translation. I'll ask Herms, I just hope he's not too busy with all the DBS stuff&news

P.S.: I'm planning to scan my Gichi/PL69/Ooishi Naho doujins too :shifty:

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Mon May 04, 2015 4:32 pm

Wait, I just realized something: East Kaioshin giving up on the Cold dynasty in the beginning of the story makes no sense. She refuses to acknowledge a son who isn't the strongest in the universe, which is fine, but Freeza losing a fight doesn't mean the family is a lost cause. Why? Cooler is her son as well, and he's stronger than Freeza. Yeah, he would fail later just like Freeza did, but she didn't stick around for that. She acted like she thought Freeza was clearly the stronger of the two.
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon May 04, 2015 4:38 pm

Coola is only stronger in his transformed state. If she didn't know he attained that form, then there's no reason to stick around.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Mon May 04, 2015 4:42 pm

johnboy1 wrote:Wait, I just realized something: East Kaioshin giving up on the Cold dynasty in the beginning of the story makes no sense. She refuses to acknowledge a son who isn't the strongest in the universe, which is fine, but Freeza losing a fight doesn't mean the family is a lost cause. Why? Cooler is her son as well, and he's stronger than Freeza. Yeah, he would fail later just like Freeza did, but she didn't stick around for that. She acted like she thought Freeza was clearly the stronger of the two.
Freeza failed, an half-son of a goddess. So the experiment failed, and for her this was unbearable. Son Goku would have been for sure a better candidate for her experiments to find a way to rule the universe... and don't be weak again like her vs Majin Buu. This event took the madness out of the goddess, so we have a Kaioshin turning evil.

wakabayashy

Post by wakabayashy » Tue May 05, 2015 10:28 am

macho_man wrote:
DNA wrote:I suppose you also have the raw digital unfinished version of chapter 5?
Yes, I'm sure I have them somewhere, the ones I downloaded from toyblog. Still we need a well done translation. I'll ask Herms, I just hope he's not too busy with all the DBS stuff&news

'Can't wait for them ! thanks !

TRL
Beyond Newbie

Post by TRL » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:41 pm

Good work on collecting these, Macho Man and DNA. I think this early work of his will one day be pretty valuable.

Man I can't help but wonder how Toyble actually got that job doing the Dragonball Heroes manga. I hope one day somebody tells the story because this is just every's fan manga artist's dream. And now he's living the dream. Actually continuing the official manga. Can you imagine how he must feel?? :O

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:14 pm

TRL wrote:Good work on collecting these, Macho Man and DNA. I think this early work of his will one day be pretty valuable.

Man I can't help but wonder how Toyble actually got that job doing the Dragonball Heroes manga. I hope one day somebody tells the story because this is just every's fan manga artist's dream. And now he's living the dream. Actually continuing the official manga. Can you imagine how he must feel?? :O
Probably a mix of enormous joy and time consumption. Lol
(Fanfiction link coming soon.)

TRL
Beyond Newbie

Post by TRL » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:08 pm

Yeah, I just wonder you know, cuz I myself had a fanmanga once, does he talk to Toriyama-sensei himself. Does he get some tips? Does Toyble give some input back to Toriyama on the script? I would love for someone to do an interview on the two of them.

Also makes me wonder who discovered Toyble, or did he somehow apply for the job himself? Then that would be a masterly succeeded move by him. Whoever discovered him, must've been aware of his fanmanga. Were they also aware of dragonball mutliverse? Is that where the 12 universes idea came from? :P

See with no information at all, you're mind just goes rampant.

KAiWAi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by KAiWAi » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:41 am

macho_man wrote:

That would be absolutely fantastic ... the previous works of Ooishi are so hard to finnd !! :thumbup:
I never had the possibility to read them. :angel:

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:22 pm

So, I had a problem with my hard-drive, and I lost the whole collection of Toyble's DBAF. :|

I have found Volumes 1-4, Volume 5 (Draft), The Final Chapter, Volume 1 Original Print, Episode Zero, the Planet Plant side-story, the Tapion side-story, the ULTRA DB 4 extra chapter, the Gotenks chapter, and the one which hints that he is working for DBH. I think I'm missing DBZero (both chapters), and the SS5 chapter (I have it in raw, not in English). Could someone post them?

And I don't miss anything else, right?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:52 pm

I'll put them on Dropbox or something. Just give me some time.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:31 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:So, I had a problem with my hard-drive, and I lost the whole collection of Toyble's DBAF. :|

I have found Volumes 1-4, Volume 5 (Draft), The Final Chapter, Volume 1 Original Print, Episode Zero, the Planet Plant side-story, the Tapion side-story, the ULTRA DB 4 extra chapter, the Gotenks chapter, and the one which hints that he is working for DBH. I think I'm missing DBZero (both chapters), and the SS5 chapter (I have it in raw, not in English). Could someone post them?

And I don't miss anything else, right?
I'm sending to you an OneDrive link for DBZero Draft version, maybe DNA doesn't have it. As for the rest, I think you can count on him. :wink:

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:13 am

DNA wrote:I'll put them on Dropbox or something. Just give me some time.
I think you forgot about it? :P
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:07 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
DNA wrote:I'll put them on Dropbox or something. Just give me some time.
I think you forgot about it? :P
Completely. Give me 20 minutes.

wakabayashy

Post by wakabayashy » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:46 am

hi there

you can share the link please ? :D

thanks dude

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:21 am

Here, this is all I've got, which I believe is everything anyway.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hkt8bmimwo74 ... MBvwa?dl=0

wakabayashy

Post by wakabayashy » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:08 pm

thanks a lot

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:46 pm

Thanks a lot! It's not everything though, you are missing the Volume 5 Draft, the original Volume 1 pages (some pages were revisited in later editions), and the Planet Plant Story. I'll post them tomorrow.