Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

desirecampbell

Re: Toyble DBAF [May 8, 2012] Vol 3 HD release - Translation

Post by desirecampbell » Fri May 11, 2012 11:56 am

Gohaz wrote:Sorry if the translation ain't 100% accurate, but it's really hard to guess the text on page 53, so I adapted it to what sounded believeable... as for page 59, I changed a couple of things to make it sound more like Vegeta... I mean, his first line on the page is "Uh, how can you help Krilin?".. that doesn't sound like him at all..
We all appreciate the effort, but "ain't 100% accurate", "guess", and changing Vegeta's lines to be more insulting isn't what we're looking for.

Again, thank you, and we appreciate your effort and your honesty but we'll wait for a more confident and literal translation.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat May 12, 2012 4:47 pm

Could anyone post the scans of DBZero Episode 1? The previous link is dead.
And by the way, desirecampbell, are you going to edit DBZero too?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Sat May 12, 2012 5:28 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Could anyone post the scans of DBZero Episode 1? The previous link is dead.
And by the way, desirecampbell, are you going to edit DBZero too?
I've already sent the raw scans of DBZero Episode1 to desirecampbell in order to edit them. Anyway, if he doesn't, I could post them here in order to make the editing by someone else. :wink:

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat May 12, 2012 5:45 pm

Could you post them again macho_man? I'm not an editor, it's just that I accidentally deleted them, and I want to re-read the whole AF/Zero these days.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Hisham

Post by Hisham » Sun May 13, 2012 5:28 pm

Maybe I've been missing out on something but which fan manga are these pictures from? I have both toyble and young jijii's ones and I dont see these pictures in any of the volumes.
Menkyon DBAF wrote:Soon I will post here in English translations here ... wait!

lack to finish Portuguese to English.

Visit my drawings here: http://menkyon.deviantart.com/

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Sun May 13, 2012 5:37 pm

I'm pretty sure that you've the previous version of Toyble's DBAF vol. 4 (the one with special chapter), you should buy the newest print.

Hisham

Post by Hisham » Sun May 13, 2012 6:08 pm

Are all the newest prints different then the previous ones?
macho_man wrote:I'm pretty sure that you've the previous version of Toyble's DBAF vol. 4 (the one with special chapter), you should buy the newest print.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Sun May 13, 2012 6:23 pm

Hisham wrote:Are all the newest prints different then the previous ones?
macho_man wrote:I'm pretty sure that you've the previous version of Toyble's DBAF vol. 4 (the one with special chapter), you should buy the newest print.
Just more new and wonderful pages of training and Xicor coming out from the Z-Sword. 8)

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun May 13, 2012 11:11 pm

Hisham wrote:Maybe I've been missing out on something but which fan manga are these pictures from? I have both toyble and young jijii's ones and I dont see these pictures in any of the volumes.
These are from the white-cover COMPLETE volume 4. The "volume 4" available on my site is the blue-cover "25 page + Final Chapter" version that stops at page 41 and includes the "final chapter" with Kame Sennin story-telling.

I'm currently waiting on translations for those pages so I can repack the release. I actually just finished re-cleaning volume 4 (levels-balanced, 1800px high, sound-effects transliterated) and have started re-doing the "final chapter" as well.

--------
pages that need translations
- the rest of Volume 4.
- chapter titles

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:24 am

In the old version of the pages in desirecampbell's site, there was an extra picture of this page that had the full list that is displayed in these pages:

Does anyone have it?

Also, does anyone have the scans of DBZero Episode 1?

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:22 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:In the old version of the pages in desirecampbell's site, there was an extra picture of this page that had the full list that is displayed in these pages:
-snip-
-snip-
Does anyone have it?
Here ya go:
http://i.imgur.com/DEQ3M.jpg

The new scans allowed me to actually put the information on the page itself, instead of needing a separate listing. Also, the original release missed "98th. Bacterian". Here's the whole list typed out (if that's helpful).
Latest Edition
Super Hero Rankings

1. Papayaman
2. Mister Satan
3. Original Great Saiyaman
4. Great Saiyaman #2
5. Savings Warrior Cashman

21st: Katsukazan
22nd: Kirano
23rd: Beelzebub
24th: Neko Majin Z
25th: Captain Chicken
26th: Kajika
27th: Mighty Mask
29th: Tocchio
30th: Panputt
31st: Oribu
32nd: Karoni
33rd: Toybleman

98th: Bacterian
99th: Pete Kobayashi
100st: Great Saiyaman #3
Unranked: Suppaman

--------
pages that need translations
- the rest of Volume 4.
- chapter titles

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:37 am

Thanks a lot! :D
Why didn't you put this page in your Dropbox, since you didn't include it in your new volumes?

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:17 pm

DragonBallZERO Episode1 - The Secret Of Bardock [RAW Scan]. :wink:
http://www59.zippyshare.com/v/12530008/file.html

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:28 pm

Thanks! :D

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:58 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Thanks a lot! :D
Why didn't you put this page in your Dropbox, since you didn't include it in your new volumes?
There's no information on the old page that's not on the new page.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:18 pm

desirecampbell wrote:There's no information on the old page that's not on the new page.
God, I'm so stupid sometimes! I didn't even bother to read the list on the new page, I just assumed that the page I requested included more of the list, because of it's existence! I didn't remember that the old version hadn't translated the actual page. :lol:

So, I re-read the whole thing again after sometime through the new HQ scans. So, I noticed that in this AF, Toyble includes both the anime & manga, as well as the movies and the other manga of Toriyama. We see Broli, Tapion & Janemba, and for Janemba to be there, this means that at least all the DBZ movies (except #7) happened. For Toriyama's other manga, we see plenty of characters from them on the list I requested. Cashman, Beelzebub, Neko Majin Z, Kajika, Tocchio, Suppaman, all those are from other manga by Toriyama, and there could be more there that I missed. As for why I say both anime & manga? For anime, GT & Paikuhan are enough. Even if you say that Paikuhan is also a movie character, GT is sequel to the anime, and uses the Holy Water from Garlic Jr. arc, so filler are canon here. But why the manga? In the "final chapter" Goku Jr. & Vegeta Jr. mention Kame Sennin's comments in the manga after the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai arc, and after Cell arc, the ones that he breaks the fourth wall and says that it will continue for a little more. So, maybe in this AF, Freeza killed Cargot, but Goku & Piccolo went for driving lessons too.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:03 pm

Well it's fan fiction. I doubt Toyble cares what fits into the series or not since Toyble is only doing this for fun.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:09 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Well it's fan fiction. I doubt Toyble cares what fits into the series or not since Toyble is only doing this for fun.
Which is the reason I like this idea! Besides, this is Dragon Ball AF we are talking about.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:47 pm

www.desirecampbell.com/dbaf

Volume 4 high quality re-release with the remaining never before translated final 20 pages. The special "final chapter" is now it's own release. (Also typo fix on volume 2)

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Re: Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:53 pm

At long last, thanks! Are you going to do DBZero too?
Funny thing is, while it's your birthday, you gave us a present! :lol: