Yamcha in an AU

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CityracerGaming

Yamcha in an AU

Post by CityracerGaming » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:17 pm

https://www.deviantart.com/alinesm/art/ ... -816580863

I am a huge Yamcha fan, so a while ago I commissioned this artwork from an AU I've created. This AU is mostly hypothetical, as I haven't posted any of what I have written down. The gist of it is this: An AU where Yamcha goes to train with Kami after the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament instead of becoming a baseball player. This picture is set during the battle against Vegeta and Nappa.

So, when do you guys think of it? Do you like the new uniform?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: Yamcha in an AU

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:13 pm

Cool picture

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:20 pm

I like it

Was the white a deliberate choice? Wearing white when you work in a messy profession is sometimes seen as a boast.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

CityracerGaming

Post by CityracerGaming » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:52 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:20 pm I like it

Was the white a deliberate choice? Wearing white when you work in a messy profession is sometimes seen as a boast.
The colors are based on the colors of the clothes that Kami wears. I didn't particularly consider how dirty the white could get. So, while it is not intended as a boast, I can certainly why someone would do that.

I would also like to ask anyone who enjoys the picture to consider leaving a comment on the DeviantART page. Show the artist some love.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue May 12, 2020 8:03 am

The others would just catch up when they train for the saiyans.

It would affect the raditz fight and I'm surprised kami didn't train the humans he was impressed by afterwards anyway as extra insurance against Piccolo.

It'd affect the Raditz fight a lot with even one extra fighter especially the whole dragon team.

I guess come other two sayans time if that's still happening they might get suggested the rosat?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.