Goku Black Arc Recut in the style of the 2000s Funimation Movies

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

EditorGX

Goku Black Arc Recut in the style of the 2000s Funimation Movies

Post by EditorGX » Sun May 17, 2020 3:28 pm

Hey all, I'm an editor/producer with a bit of time on my hands with the whole Covid-19 pandemic.

With all of my spare time I decided to spend it re-cutting the entirety of the Goku Black arc in the style of the mid 2000s funimation movies like coolers revenge and Bojack Unbound, nu-metal and all, this was the result.

I unfortunately wont link the project due to no wanting to break site rules, however its easy enough to find if you search for EditorGT on youtube with "Goku Black Re-Cut"

Editing Process
I tried to stick with using mostly tracks actually heard in the movies, or using tracks composed for GTs dub, since Menza Music composed for both the movies and GT. Only non movie non menza tracks I left in were the supreme kai's theme, Gohans Buu saga theme, and the SSJ3 theme by Faulconer Productions.

The editing was made easy by utilizing the blu-rays 5.1 Surround sound audio, which had the vocals isolated to a single audio channel. However a few lines had to be removed during fight scenes, which I was able to do by replacing them with grunts and yells ripped from DBXV 2

I ended up having to make a lot of changes which mostly was just cutting down the arc to make it have more theatrical pacing, I didn't intend to make any kind of "better" or definitive cut, just something that's different. Especially since this really cant be used as a replacement for the actual arc due to leaving out a few important details that are necessary for the tournament of power arc to take place.

I've started to try and cut the tournament of power in a similar style though I feel this arc lends itself so much better to this particular editing style. So I might end up either cutting it in more of a DBZ style super cut, or dropping said project entirely.

Anyways I hope you all like it, or at the very least get some enjoyment out of the hilariously dated soundtrack.

The list of major changes I ended up making:
Last edited by EditorGX on Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Goku Black Arc Recut in the style of the 2000s Funimation Movies

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun May 17, 2020 4:19 pm

This is great! So much better than the actual arc in my opinion, especially the ending. Gohan Powers Up was perfect for that scene.

Swagnaros

Post by Swagnaros » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:27 am

Hey man this is a bit of a hail mary but i loved your version of the arc and havent been able to find a re-upload anywhere since it was taken down from youtube. Is there anyway you would be able to get it to me through some other means?

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:29 pm

This is such a cool idea, but it's a shame I dont like the Funi music at all

EditorGX

Post by EditorGX » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:01 pm

Swagnaros wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:27 am Hey man this is a bit of a hail mary but i loved your version of the arc and havent been able to find a re-upload anywhere since it was taken down from youtube. Is there anyway you would be able to get it to me through some other means?
I'm currently re working them to abide by Toei's copyright guidelines on youtube. You can find the first one by searching for my tournament of power video under the name EditorGT. The Goku black one will be up again soon hopefully

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Wed May 04, 2022 10:25 pm

EditorGX wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:01 pm
Swagnaros wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:27 am Hey man this is a bit of a hail mary but i loved your version of the arc and havent been able to find a re-upload anywhere since it was taken down from youtube. Is there anyway you would be able to get it to me through some other means?
I'm currently re working them to abide by Toei's copyright guidelines on youtube. You can find the first one by searching for my tournament of power video under the name EditorGT. The Goku black one will be up again soon hopefully
Hey EditerGX, where's the Goku Black Arc Recut, more importantly, why is your channel only have one video.

Will there be another rereleased version of the Goku Black Arc Recut?
It's My Boy, your Boy, his Boy! ~OSW Review HD

Swagnaros

Post by Swagnaros » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:51 pm

EditorGX wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:01 pm
Subbed to your new channel, hopefully i wíll catch it if it ever goes up again. However i know Toei are very difficult on youtube so i am also very interested in any other mode of receiving the video.

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Post by Seekeroftruth » Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:35 pm

I hate when people make these type of announcements. It builds up expectations and then disappointment when the creator either abandons the project or keeps it in hiatus indefinitely.