[Test] 5.1 Surround Sound Yamamoto in the Cell Saga

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Woodlandbuckle
Not-So-Newbie

[Test] 5.1 Surround Sound Yamamoto in the Cell Saga

Post by Woodlandbuckle » Thu May 21, 2020 10:25 pm

Hey everyone, it's been a while since my last Score Edit on here but I'm back. I've had this Score Edit ready to be presentable for a while now but I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on it before I actually commit to doing the rest of the Android Arc. But basically, yes, I've managed to create a 5.1 track for DBZ Kai with the original Yamamoto score.

-Details-
Okay so here's how I managed to create the 5.1 track. I ripped the files from the Blu-Ray and removed any music playing from the Kikuchi versions and replaced them with their Yamamoto counterparts. The next thing I did was use the TrueHD audio file from the Blu-Ray to restore the SFXs that would normally be missing if I did the typical method of removing music. The reason I rip the missing SFXs myself instead of using Super Satan God's is because I'm able to get a cleaner version if I rip it myself. I then insert the stereo SFXs into the audio and make sure they only play when the original Kikuchi music is removed. It's a lot more complicated than that but that's the basics of how I do it.

I rendered the 5.1 file into a WAV track since that was the only way I knew how to render an audio file into surround sound in Sony Vegas. If you want to download it for yourself then you can do so my clicking here. Just FYI it's episode 78 of DBZ Kai

-Things I would like to improve if I'm gonna do the rest of Kai-
First thing I'd like to improve is the restored SFXs. Sometimes the frequency will invert on the center track and will cause some of the SFXs to be removed entirely. I've gotten better at this in recent by just removing any SFXs that play on the left and right side of the restored SFXs, that way it's not nearly as bad, but when I made this I had no idea how to do that so I couldn't do anything about it.

The next thing I'd like to do is put it in a smaller file format. I just recently discovered (and by recently I mean a few seconds ago) that Sony Vegas has other options for rendering audio in surround sound. The other formats aren't lossless but if I where to constantly make these files lossless then I would run out of space on whatever cloud drive service I was using before I even finished 1 Blu-Ray of the series.

If you have any other criticisms or suggestions I'd love to hear them, I'm not sure if I'll actually continue this but if I do then I'd love to get everyone's help.
I like Dragon Ball
Twitter
DeviantArt/Renders