Bruce Faulconer - DRAGON AMNESTY Kickstarter Project

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Valkyreo

Bruce Faulconer - DRAGON AMNESTY Kickstarter Project

Post by Valkyreo » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:28 am

Thanks for stopping by - I'm Bruce Faulconer, composer of the American Soundtracks of Dragonball Z. I want to say thank you to you, my fans, for your loyalty and enthusiasm you've shown me over the past twenty years. Your generous praise and compelling interest in my Dragonball Z music has been both rewarding and fulfilling. You've told me it's some of the best Anime music created. Thank you for making it so successful.

More info here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dr ... on-amnesty

Apologies in advance if this has already been posted, but i haven't seen it.

Long story short, Bruce is launching his new project dedicated to DB Z fans.

Thoughts?

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Bruce Faulconer - DRAGON AMNESTY Kickstarter Project

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:44 pm

Five pledge recipients will also have the opportunity to learn how to score music to Anime with me, Bruce Faulconer as your teacher.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:21 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:44 pm
Five pledge recipients will also have the opportunity to learn how to score music to Anime with me, Bruce Faulconer as your teacher.

Step 1: Compose like 3 or 4 tracks on your own
Step 2: Hire a few other people to compose the rest of the score, then take credit for their work
Step 3: Profit
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:48 am

After what happened with Butch Hartman, I'm kinda skeptical of celebrity-run Kickstarter projects. Even as someone who grew up with the Faulconer score, and still enjoys it, I don't see the need for this. Why a Kickstarter to fund music? Why not just write the music and then sell it (or better, make money on ads when people listen to it)? Is he struggling to find work now? What's going on?

Valkyreo

Post by Valkyreo » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:39 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:44 pm

LMAO. This Kickstarter already looks like it will fail. Is it because everyone in fandom already knows that he barely made any tracks (about 10%) or something else?

The part where he lost me in KS video is where he says the piece will be 10 minutes long. So he wants 28 000 US Dollars for a 10 min piece? What the?

Also this: https://twitter.com/BruceFaulconer/stat ... 7641759744

But in all honesty i kinda feel sad for him. Not sure why.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:01 am

Lol I don’t. Took credit for other people’s work, threw a bitch fit when he wasn’t invited back to score GT, and noe this cringe starter.

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:27 pm

This is pretty embarrassing. He must be hard up for money and DBZ is just the biggest thing he has going for him. Honestly, you can probably count on one hand the number of tracks that Falconer himself composed for the show. Real credit goes to people like Scott Morgan, Mike Smith and Julius Dobos who did 98% of the actual work. The only reason Bruce gets the credit is because it’s his name on the sign. :problem:

The real important question we should be asking here is why is this in the Kai section? :think:

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:54 pm

Freeza Soldier #156 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:27 pm The real important question we should be asking here is why is this in the Kai section? :think:
Yeah, this seems like it would make infinitely more sense in the General Discussion thread.

Valkyreo

Post by Valkyreo » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:28 pm

Freeza Soldier #156 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:27 pm This is pretty embarrassing. He must be hard up for money and DBZ is just the biggest thing he has going for him. Honestly, you can probably count on one hand the number of tracks that Falconer himself composed for the show. Real credit goes to people like Scott Morgan, Mike Smith and Julius Dobos who did 98% of the actual work. The only reason Bruce gets the credit is because it’s his name on the sign. :problem:

The real important question we should be asking here is why is this in the Kai section? :think:
Yeah, you are correct on all points! :) I'm kinda still newbish here so if anyone can move it there great!

Seems pretty ignorant from him praising himself about DB Z and still not crediting the real people. And again, it's 28k us dollars for a 10 min piece music that he asks, yeah pretty funny :clap:

It pains me when i request unreleased music and always have to ask ''Faulconer'' music instead of Morgan/Smith/Dobos for obvious reasons.

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:27 pm

Getting real strong Ken Penders vibes from this guy. Right down to the prior lawsuit and everything.
Last edited by CashmanX on Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:30 pm

28k. For a single track. By a guy with his own studio.

She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:44 pm

As crazy as it sounds, this actually sounds less insane and unrealistic then a lot of the other Kickstarters i've come across(mostly video game related ones). I have more faith in Bruce then say Tim Schafer to actually deliver on what he promises.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:49 am

Eh, this isn't for me personally, but at the same time, I'm having a hard time knocking somebody for trying to find a way to make money during a time when so many aren't working (assuming of course that the way they're making money is legal and ethical, which it appears to be in this case). So, what the heck. I wish him luck.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:09 pm

I don't know anything about making music, but $46.66 USD a second for one track is a lot of money. Suppose that covers the workers. As mentioned everywhere and here, pieces he made on are few and far between. $28,000 for one track makes more sense if you consider payroll.

Underscore_Johny

Post by Underscore_Johny » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:00 pm

Had the title said it was the "Mike Smith", or "Scott Morgan" Kickstarter Project, it might actually have been worth the look. Those guys actually know how to make music.
My YouTube channel (for all things related to Dragon Ball music): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8u5b- ... hh72ZLKsQ/

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:34 am

CashmanX wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:27 pm Getting real strong Ken Penders vibes from this guy. Right down to the prior lawsuit and everything.
Finally, after all this time, we're getting the Lara-Synth Chronicles.

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:46 pm

Shaddy wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:34 am
CashmanX wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:27 pm Getting real strong Ken Penders vibes from this guy. Right down to the prior lawsuit and everything.
Finally, after all this time, we're getting the Lara-Synth Chronicles.
Hey look at it this way, at least he doesn't sexualize young female characters like Penders does. :sick: (for those who don't know what i'm talking about, last year year Penders lamented on Twitter how he was unable to tell a story in the Sonic the Hedgehog comics where Princess Sally loses her virginity to Geoffrey in what would've been a case of statutory rape, and he tried to justify it by saying Sally was "32 in squirrel years", dear god this guy is sick in the head :evil: ).
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

Valkyreo

Post by Valkyreo » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:34 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-2sCfptsmk

Time to flood the comments section with Morgan/Smith/Dobos posts! :D

Valkyreo

Post by Valkyreo » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:57 pm

And suddenly 5000 USD is enough...LOL!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dr ... ject_build