Dragon Ball Kai: The optional episodes

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Dragon Ball Kai: The optional episodes

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:51 am

I read that old post about adding back filler as optional episodes and I'm going to start work on it but there are still a few things I need.
1. I need all the eye catches in 4:3 as separate mp4s for each one.
2. This will only include the standalone stuff and none of the mixed canon fluffing.
3. I will need new title cards and English title cards will be easier to make so the title cards will be English until someone can make Kai style title cards in Japanese.
4. I will only do this for episodes that actually add to the plot. The Gon and Mez stuff has to go.
5. Rescoring them in Yamamoto
The layout will be like this for the Saiyan Saga.
Episode 1 - 5 of Kai
Episode 5.1 "The Strangest Robot"
Episode 5.2 "A New Friend"
Episode 5.3 "Terror on Arlia"
Episode 5.4 "Global Training" (The Snakeway stuff will be cut)
Episode 5.5 "Goz and Mez" Filler is referenced in Kai TFC so its here too.
Episode 5.6 "Dueling Piccolos"
Episode 5.7 "Plight of the Children"
Episode 5.8 "Pendulum Room Peril"
Episode 6 to 28
Screw Fake Namek, It doesn't add to the show at all but if anyone does think it does then I'll do it.
Last edited by Kakkaroto735 on Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Kai: The optional episodes

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:42 am

Done Episode one for the most part. Just fixing some of the timing for the new ost and things. The episode is going to be quite a bit quitter than something that would actually be in kai because I gave the music a bit of a break. This episode isn't really action oriented and Kenji doesn't make much music that isn't action. I made another thread about title cards and I haven't gotten anything. If someone has Dragon Balls with the same coloring as in Kai (more toned down colors and kinda yellow compared to the redder Dragon Balls of Z) PM me. Peace for now.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:28 pm

Well, this is certainly an interesting idea... but I would suggest that you keep the Goz and Mez stuff since despite being cut from the original run of Kai, the hell filter from the Boo saga keeps the reference to it. Princess Snake, however, isn't referenced elsewhere, so feel free to snip it.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:20 am

Danfun64 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:28 pm Well, this is certainly an interesting idea... but I would suggest that you keep the Goz and Mez stuff since despite being cut from the original run of Kai, the hell filter from the Boo saga keeps the reference to it. Princess Snake, however, isn't referenced elsewhere, so feel free to snip it.
Oh yeah shit that would be an issue. I'm going to take your advice. I need a title card though...

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:15 am

On hiatus until I get the inspiration to continue.

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:27 pm

Kai Episode 5.1 is out.
The title card isn't amazing but it was the best I could do.
If you don't like some music placement, I'm open to changing it.
Link: https://mega.nz/file/W2BFhSSR#STh4dSkus ... HKB6_P5TgU