Feedback Request For My Dragonball Inspired YouTube Channel Art Ideas

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CityracerGaming

Feedback Request For My Dragonball Inspired YouTube Channel Art Ideas

Post by CityracerGaming » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:10 pm

I'm in the process of coming up with channel art ideas for my YouTube channel and I need some feedback. I decided to discuss it on this site, as the art is heavily inspired by Dragonball. The art for the channel "Carthu's Dojo" is an inspiration as well.

Currently, my main focus is the channel icon. I already know that it is going to be myself drawn as if I was a Dragonball character. What I am trying to decide is what outfit I will be wearing. While this particular picture will only include my head and shoulders, the banner will include nearly (or all of) my entire body.

As of this moment I have three different ideas in contention, all of which are Gis. The first Gi is taken from this image:
This fanart was commissioned by me previously and I came up with the design. As you might be able to tell, said design is itself inspired by Kami's outfit.

The second (as well as the third) option does not have a reference image. Also, I have not firmly settled on what it should look like. It would be a white Gi, with either a red or blue border on the edges around the arms, legs, and chest. Whichever color is chosen would also be used for the belt, arm bands, and possibly the shoes as well. There may also be an undershirt, but if that ends up being the case, I do not know which color I would choose. I would have kanji present, but I'm not sure exactly what kanji I would use. Perhaps I could use the same kanji that Yamcha used when he was first introduced (he is my favorite character after all).

The final option is inspired by Yamcha's Wolf Fang Fist from "The Path To Power" movie. This Gi is a medium or dark gray. The kanji would be that for 'wolf'. The Kanji, belt, and wrist bands are all red. If there is an undershirt, it would be either dark gray or black, as would the shoes.

Well, what do you guys think about these options? Any suggestions of your own? I would appreciate any feedback.