Dragon Ball GT Recut [DONE]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball GT Recut [Super 17 Saga Complete]

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:39 am

Buutama42 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:03 pm Cutting out the Super 17 arc, apart from 3 minutes, helps a lot for pacing. If you or anyone else has any suggestions, I will gladly consider them.
So about that:

"The implication with this cut is that the negative energy from the Dragon Balls is what causes the portal to open."

It was actually already implied in original version. I mean in Super 17 arc King Yemma said that there is some kind of unknown evil energy having impact on otherworld and then the cracked ball was shown. In last episode Shenron also said that Super 17 arc events were possible due to negative energy from dragon balls.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Buutama42

Post by Buutama42 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:27 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:39 am
Buutama42 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:03 pm Cutting out the Super 17 arc, apart from 3 minutes, helps a lot for pacing. If you or anyone else has any suggestions, I will gladly consider them.
So about that:

"The implication with this cut is that the negative energy from the Dragon Balls is what causes the portal to open."

It was actually already implied in original version. I mean in Super 17 arc King Yemma said that there is some kind of unknown evil energy having impact on otherworld and then the cracked ball was shown. In last episode Shenron also said that Super 17 arc events were possible due to negative energy from dragon balls.
Gotcha. Thank you for reminding me. I will admit there are some things I have forgotten about in GT. I remember that now, however.

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:03 am

Buutama42 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:44 am I've got another scene prepared! I believe that you're going to love it. Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta vs Omega Shenron: https://www.reddit.com/r/fanedits/comme ... _vs_omega/
Think of it as a nice tribute to Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta getting announced for FighterZ. Anyway, here are the changes made:
This is definitely my favorite so far. I loved the goofy scenes in GT but the OST just didn't have the playful tone that it needed to pull them off perfectly. It still worked most of the time. In the fights, the dub had the guitar playing and that made it feel epic. The Japanese soundtrack just tended to use some remixes of the opening theme for almost everything. That increased the tension I guess, but it killed of the humor most of the time. I know it wouldn't be easy, but slowing down some of the comedic scenes (along with a change of ost) would make them work much better.

Buutama42

Post by Buutama42 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:50 am

Another edit is now available.

Goku Meets Syn Shenron:
https://www.reddit.com/r/fanedits/comme ... on_redone/
- 0:12 and 0:23 cuts out the dialogue and shot of Syn’s face to better keep the surprise for when he is completely revealed.
- 1:18 moves a shot of Syn over Goku’s dialogue for easier transition with the color tints between the characters’ movements.
- 1:21 cuts out Goku’s extra dialogue for pacing.
- 1:31 cuts out Goku questioning Syn and Syn recapping what we already know.
- 1:56 changes the line “Every wish made on the Dragon Balls was important” to “Every wish was important” for simplicity’s sake. A still frame is added to 1:57 to make this new dialogue flow smoother.
- Goku’s heroic speech at 1:58 is shortened for simplicity’s sake.
- 2:14 cuts out Syn’s evil laughter since I thought it made him a bit less interesting to watch.
- 2:26 cuts out Goku’s reaction to Syn’s attack since I found it unnecessary.

Soundtracks Used:
- Freeza is Resurrected by Norihito Sumitomo (Dragon Ball Super). I figured this one would fit Syn since reviving Freeza’s victims is the wish that gave him birth.
- Rage by Sebastian Evans (TMNT 2012).

Buutama42

Post by Buutama42 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:20 pm

Here's the clip for when Baby awakens: https://www.reddit.com/r/fanedits/comme ... ns_redone/

Edits:
- 0:17 cuts out the joke of Goku falling off the capsule to maintain the serious tone.
- 0:20 cuts out a shot of Baby in the tank for pacing.
- 0:28 cuts out Pan’s reaction to Baby for pacing.
- 0:30 to 0:34, 0:40 to 0:43, and 0:49 to 0:52 adds a bubbling effect seen in another shot since the original shot didn’t have have much in terms of background sounds.
- 0:37 cuts out Goku, Pan, and Trunks reacting to Baby developing.
- 0:40 places the shot of Baby developing further over Dr. Myuu speaking as he’s walking closer.
- 0:49 cuts out Trunks’ dialogue about his shock for the sake of pacing.
- 1:03 cuts out Goku, Pan, and Giru’s dialogue about Baby’s awakening.
- 1:05 moves the audio up a bit, making Dr. Myuu’s shout come sooner.
- 1:07 cuts out a couple of frames for before the lab lights up to improve the pacing.
- 1:27 cuts out a shot of the building’s exterior displaying smoke for the sake of pacing.

Soundtrack Used:
- New Mutation by Yoshihisa Hirano (Hunter x Hunter)

Buutama42

Post by Buutama42 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:54 pm

This clip has very little changes since I enjoyed the original scene a lot.
Baby Restores His Home Planet (Redone) - https://www.reddit.com/r/fanedits/comme ... me_planet/
What's new is the soundtrack:
Naruto: Shippuden - Man of the World by Yasuharu Takanashi

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:30 pm

Good work that you're doin here.

Buutama42

Post by Buutama42 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:36 pm

Kakkaroto735 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:30 pm Good work that you're doin here.
Thank you. I appreciate it.

Buutama42

Post by Buutama42 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:59 pm

The Black Star Dragon Ball arc is finally complete.

Major changes:

- Less of Pan (a lot less)
- No Luud or Mutchy
- No Para Para Brothers
- No Zunama
- The exploration of the planets is significantly decreased.
- Less continuity errors
- Better powerscaling (Trunks getting beaten up by Ledgic is removed, Rildo being stronger than Majin Buu is removed, etc.)
- Soundtracks from the following composers:
  • Norihito Sumitomo (DBS, DBZ Kai)
  • Akihito Tokunaga (DBGT - Japanese)
  • Bruce Faulconer (DBZ - English)
  • Guillaume Houzé (Wakfu)
  • Yoshihisa Hirano (Hunter x Hunter)
  • Yasuharu Takanashi (Naruto)

The footage I used comes from episodes 1-7 and 15-21. In total, I have created 6 episodes that range from 18-20 minutes each.

Here is a Google Doc detailing the full changes per episode: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UUa ... 6sHNE6IWk/

I will not share the recut here beyond some clips here and there. Talk to me for the actual recut.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:26 am

Buutama42 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:59 pm Rildo being stronger than Majin Buu is removed
What was exactly wrong with this? I thought it was a major statement that shows just how much stronger Goku has become in past years as it wasn't easy to tell with previous opponents.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Buutama42

Post by Buutama42 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:53 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:26 am
Buutama42 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:59 pm Rildo being stronger than Majin Buu is removed
What was exactly wrong with this? I thought it was a major statement that shows just how much stronger Goku has become in past years as it wasn't easy to tell with previous opponents.
I saw no real indication that this guy is actually stronger than any form of Buu, so I cut it. I prefer an ambiguity of the space villain's strengths so it doesn't set a definite level that says this character is stronger or weaker than any of the previous villains.

Skld

Post by Skld » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:22 am

It's unbelievable that Rildo is stronger than Buu. Goku was on par with Rildo in super saiyan while being a kid and goku being a kid makes him weaker. So you would think he would get destroyed.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:22 am

Skld wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:22 am
It's unbelievable that Rildo is stronger than Buu. Goku was on par with Rildo in super saiyan while being a kid and goku being a kid makes him weaker. So you would think he would get destroyed.
GT Goku was confirmed to not become weaker at all after becoming a kid. Also, GT takes place 15 years after Buu saga. There is no reason for Goku to struggle with anyone below Buu even in base form.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Dragon Ball GT Recut [Black Star Dragon Ball & Super 17 Saga Complete]

Post by sangofe » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:09 am

Buutama42 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:57 am Hello! I've been working on a recut of Dragon Ball GT, cutting out certain scenes and replacing scenes with new music scores. Some scenes keep their original music (like Piccolo's death) because I like the original score too much. It's not finished yet, but I have some clips you can watch. It uses the English dub for the dialogue from the 5.1 audio of the DVDs.

What you can expect from this recut:

- Less of Pan.
- Less of the Black Star Dragon Ball Saga.
- Most of the Super 17 Saga removed.
- Some of the dialogue/scenes removed or rearranged for better pacing.
- Some scenes added in flashbacks.

Here are the clips I have ready so far:

Goku vs Ledgic: https://www.reddit.com/r/fanedits/comme ... ic_redone/
Baby's Origin: https://www.reddit.com/r/fanedits/comme ... in_redone/
Super Saiyan 4 Goku Taunts Baby: https://www.reddit.com/r/fanedits/comme ... unts_baby/
Majuub Returns: https://www.reddit.com/r/fanedits/comme ... ns_redone/
Goku Defeats Baby: https://www.reddit.com/r/fanedits/comme ... by_redone/
Piccolo's Death: https://www.reddit.com/r/fanedits/comme ... se_redone/

Feedback is appreciated. I don't intend to be satisfied with the 1st cut.

Edit: (Copying and pasting from a later post):

Major changes:

- No Luud or Mutchy
- No Para Para Brothers
- No Zunama
- Less continuity errors
- Better powerscaling (Trunks getting beaten up by Ledgic is removed, Rildo being stronger than Majin Buu is removed, etc.)
The footage I used comes from episodes 1-7 and 15-21. In total, I have created 6 episodes that range from 18-20 minutes each.

Here is a Google Doc detailing the full changes per episode: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UUa ... 6sHNE6IWk/

I will not share the recut here beyond some clips here and there. Talk to me for the actual recut.
Dude, could you recut the Japanese version too?

Buutama42

Post by Buutama42 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:28 am

sangofe wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:09 am
Buutama42 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:57 am Hello! I've been working on a recut of Dragon Ball GT, cutting out certain scenes and replacing scenes with new music scores. Some scenes keep their original music (like Piccolo's death) because I like the original score too much. It's not finished yet, but I have some clips you can watch. It uses the English dub for the dialogue from the 5.1 audio of the DVDs.

What you can expect from this recut:

- Less of Pan.
- Less of the Black Star Dragon Ball Saga.
- Most of the Super 17 Saga removed.
- Some of the dialogue/scenes removed or rearranged for better pacing.
- Some scenes added in flashbacks.

Here are the clips I have ready so far:

Goku vs Ledgic: https://www.reddit.com/r/fanedits/comme ... ic_redone/
Baby's Origin: https://www.reddit.com/r/fanedits/comme ... in_redone/
Super Saiyan 4 Goku Taunts Baby: https://www.reddit.com/r/fanedits/comme ... unts_baby/
Majuub Returns: https://www.reddit.com/r/fanedits/comme ... ns_redone/
Goku Defeats Baby: https://www.reddit.com/r/fanedits/comme ... by_redone/
Piccolo's Death: https://www.reddit.com/r/fanedits/comme ... se_redone/

Feedback is appreciated. I don't intend to be satisfied with the 1st cut.

Edit: (Copying and pasting from a later post):

Major changes:

- No Luud or Mutchy
- No Para Para Brothers
- No Zunama
- Less continuity errors

Dude, could you recut the Japanese version too?
I think I'm going to stick with the English dub for now. It's much easier to cut in English than in Japanese in my opinion.

Buutama42

Post by Buutama42 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:33 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:22 am
Skld wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:22 am

GT Goku was confirmed to not become weaker at all after becoming a kid. Also, GT takes place 15 years after Buu saga. There is no reason for Goku to struggle with anyone below Buu even in base form.
It's kind of weird how that works. I recall that the people who made GT said they made Goku a kid again as a handicap since he was too strong, but the Perfect Files say he didn't lose any actual strength apart from stamina. I prefer what the original people were going for, by making him weaker. That's why I cut out statements directly stating that Rildo is stronger than Buu and the like, keeping it more ambiguous.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:07 pm

sangofe wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:09 am Dude, could you recut the Japanese version too?
I believe only english version has music on separate tracks which is why all music replacements are made with english dub

Buutama42

Post by Buutama42 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:29 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:07 pm
sangofe wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:09 am Dude, could you recut the Japanese version too?
I believe only english version has music on separate tracks which is why all music replacements are made with english dub
Pretty much. English audio is easier to separate. Not sure why English is 5.1, but Japanese isn't.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:59 am

Buutama42 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:29 pm
sunsetshimmer wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:07 pm
Pretty much. English audio is easier to separate. Not sure why English is 5.1, but Japanese isn't.
It would be cool if someone made a gt recut of jp broadcast gt audio anyway.

Buutama42

Re: Dragon Ball GT Recut [Black Star Dragon Ball, Super 17, & Hero's Legacy Saga Complete]

Post by Buutama42 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:51 am

Good news! I managed to get the ending of GT done! I'm still working on the Baby and Shadow Dragons Sagas, but I have the ending complete. I combined the Hero's Legacy special with the ending to make a small, 3 episode arc combining episodes 41, 43, and 64 with the special. Mr. Satan and Uub's final scene have been changed to be the scenes from episode 41, where Uub throws the match to maintain Mr. Satan's image. Other changes I made will be listed in the post on the 1st page.