Will Immortal's YouTube channel get in trouble for releasing clips of the Japanese version of the Dragon Ball series?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Will Immortal's YouTube channel get in trouble for releasing clips of the Japanese version of the Dragon Ball series?

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:43 pm

Immortal's YouTube channel posts clips of the Japanese version of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT and so far hasn't gotten any copyright strikes, mostly thank yous from DB fans in the comments section. I'm worried that he'll get taken down after a while.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Will Immortal's YouTube channel get in trouble for releasing clips of the Japanese version of the Dragon Ball series

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:48 am

(1) Who?

(2) Moving to the fan-works section, where I suppose it's most appropriate...?

(3) No-one has the inherent right to redistribute intellectual property they do not themselves own the rights to. Fair use is a defense, not a right, and likely has no bearing on whatever this particular situation is. Simultaneously, copyright is broken internationally, requiring a massive overhaul to even remotely be relevant or helpful to society once more.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Re: Will Immortal's YouTube channel get in trouble for releasing clips of the Japanese version of the Dragon Ball series

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:32 am

Immortal is this guy: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRlFyn ... vyCYnR111g

He posts clips of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, the movies, Dragon Ball GT, Attack on Titan, Hellsing Ultimate, and Castlevania in their original language. Oh, and also does parodies of Super and Hokuto no Ken.
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?