Most Popular Dragon Ball Characters (2004 - 2021) - Zenkai Goose Series

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

zenkaigoose

Most Popular Dragon Ball Characters (2004 - 2021) - Zenkai Goose Series

Post by zenkaigoose » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:34 pm

Hey gang! I'm new here, but I wanted to see what you guys might think of my latest video. I love top 10 DB videos, but I always thought they could be better, and more aligned towards a fan. So I tried my hands on making one for Vegeta (my favorite character), and since I don't know many hardcore DB fans in my social bubble, I wanted to check in here and see what you guys thought?

I just want to celebrate the anime that gave me so much, by giving a little back!

https://youtu.be/jFMElIRwByo
Last edited by zenkaigoose on Sun May 09, 2021 6:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Always trying my best to be better

Official Youtube: https://youtube.com/channel/UCFBC2r4eC54ym-QKob3PUTQ

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Re: As a hardcore DB fan, what are you thoughts?

Post by jamiljamtheman » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:18 pm

Good stuff! Very enjoyable video

zenkaigoose

Re: As a hardcore DB fan, what are you thoughts?

Post by zenkaigoose » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:44 pm

jamiljamtheman wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:18 pm Good stuff! Very enjoyable video
Thanks boss! I really appreciate it, I can't believe how much fun it is to do these things. A lot of work mind you, but man it's a ride haha

zenkaigoose

TOP 10 MOST POWERFUL Women in Dragon Ball

Post by zenkaigoose » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:52 pm

Hey gang! I make TOP 10 videos and I thought you guys might like my Most Powerful Dragon Ball women video. I go through all the ladies (there's actually not that many women lol), and rank down the top 10 I could think of. It was really fun to do because I get to look at each character and go through their strengths and weakenesses. I think I got a pretty good list, but I'm curious who you guys think is the strongest women in DB?

https://youtu.be/_B8uQUMoEoo

Hope you like content! <3333333

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: TOP 10 MOST POWERFUL Women in Dragon Ball

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:15 pm

Haven't watched the video, but wouldn't all of the top spots be angels, and wouldn't you basically be guessing as to how they all rank against each other?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:47 pm

Off topic derailing time, but only because when else am I going to have the chance to mention this: You know, it's something I'm exploring a bit more in my own story... but when it comes to nonhumans, technically aren't they NOT women? Especially considering "woman" specifically refers to a female and/or feminine of the Homo genus?
I get Dragon Ball is of that more traditional fantasy story vein where it defaults to calling any female creature a "woman," but if it did it properly, there'd be no such thing as a "Saiyan woman" for the same reason there's no such thing as a human hen or gorilla molly. Or maybe the fact they can all breed with each other means they ARE all human?

Whatever, derailing over. Neat video.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

zenkaigoose

Post by zenkaigoose » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:08 pm

I think you hit the nail on the head, I found Angels are kinda dealt as a new race in Dragon Ball. I always got the sense for the angels that gender didn't matter. I did include one god, but like I said we never actually see any of them fight, so we can only assume. Of course it's highly likely they are very powerful, but I think it's way more interesting to go into the core female characters in DB and explore which of those are the strongest based off their intellect, strength, and creativity.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:29 pm

zenkaigoose wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:08 pm I think you hit the nail on the head, I found Angels are kinda dealt as a new race in Dragon Ball. I always got the sense for the angels that gender didn't matter. I did include one god, but like I said we never actually see any of them fight, so we can only assume. Of course it's highly likely they are very powerful, but I think it's way more interesting to go into the core female characters in DB and explore which of those are the strongest based off their intellect, strength, and creativity.
Supreme Kai of Time, Chronoa, is actually a pretty strong fighter in her own right. Xenoverse 2 has her as an unlocked character (when someone knows how to play her, she hits like a missile), and Dragon Ball Heroes (her "true form" makes an appearance, but I've admittedly stopped watching for awhile).

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:33 pm

I think angels should be excluded from this rank, as it’s a given they are the strongest female in the franchise. Some examples that come to mind are Kale, Towa, Caulifla, #18, #21, Zangya, Chronoa.

zenkaigoose

I ranked the Top 10 Goku Transformations

Post by zenkaigoose » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:25 pm

Hey Gang! It's the Goose! Goku is such a fun and loveable character, so I wanted to rank his transformations and aggregate all the best quality videos of those transformations in one place. I give you my Top 10 Goku Transformations!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlcECypxmmA

It was so much fun to make, as they all are, but man I really hope SS4 is somehow introduced in super in some shape or form. Who knows, maybe it's a long shot or maybe not, but I'm wondering what is your top 10 list look like?

I won't lie I have a soft spot for SS3 and 4 haha.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: I ranked the Top 10 Goku Transformations

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:43 pm

SSJ1, SSJ3, and SSJ4 are my favorites

Great Ape and Kaioken (if you want to count it, I personally dont) are awesome too. UI Omen is awesome too

red(God), Blue, and UI (white hair) are at the bottom..
But if you want to include Vegeta his SSBE (what I call 'Bluer') is my least favorite form in the franchise lol

zenkaigoose

Post by zenkaigoose » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:14 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:43 pm SSJ1, SSJ3, and SSJ4 are my favorites

Great Ape and Kaioken (if you want to count it, I personally dont) are awesome too. UI Omen is awesome too

But if you want to include Vegeta his SSBE (what I call 'Bluer') is my least favorite form in the franchise lol
I love 3 in Z, but man I have such a soft spot for 4. I really love the callback to the lore, and it looks like we're getting more of that in the latest Super chapters which is awesome!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:23 pm

zenkaigoose wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:14 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:43 pm SSJ1, SSJ3, and SSJ4 are my favorites

I love 3 in Z, but man I have such a soft spot for 4. I really love the callback to the lore, and it looks like we're getting more of that in the latest Super chapters which is awesome!
I dropped the DBS manga a while back, but thats good to hear!

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:06 pm

Seeing Oozaru so low and full UI so high hurts, but other than that it's a good list.
I mean I would never personally consider putting UI over UI Omen. The latter was superior in every way imo.
Full UI would be easily at the very bottom on my list of all of Goku's forms.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

zenkaigoose

Post by zenkaigoose » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:00 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:06 pm Seeing Oozaru so low and full UI so high hurts, but other than that it's a good list.
I mean I would never personally consider putting UI over UI Omen. The latter was superior in every way imo.
That's really interesting, how come you'd take UI Omen over UI? It's just the look of it or is there something more to it? You're not the first person I heard mention that :o

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:47 pm

zenkaigoose wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:00 pm
sunsetshimmer wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:06 pm Seeing Oozaru so low and full UI so high hurts, but other than that it's a good list.
That's really interesting, how come you'd take UI Omen over UI? It's just the look of it or is there something more to it? You're not the first person I heard mention that :o
It looked a lot better to me. Full UI feel cheap like they wanted to put all possible effect on it.
I also think UI Omen fights were more interesting and Goku was way more badass in this form.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Yosheets
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yosheets » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:49 pm

Good Top 10 Video. I subscribed to your account.

Super Saiyan 4 is the best part of GT, and I would love to see it in Super eventually like Broly. However, it always bothered me that Goku and Vegeta grew pants and boots after transforming into them, and Team Four Star YouTubers also brought this up as a complaint of theirs.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:23 pm

Can't properly do a top 10 as requested, because I only have one favorite and one I like, the rest could be thrown into oblivion and I wouldn't give a damn about them.

My favorite is Super Saiyan 2 and the one I liked is False Super Saiyan. I follow the "less is more" philosophy and so they embody it perfectly. They're really cool without relying on an over-the-top design. I do have an exception, but only if we're talking about Xeno Goku, then I also like a lot the way Super Saiyan 4 looks on him, and how it blends with his outfit (and the best part is that Xeno Goku doesn't change outfit upon transforming).

Also, I would've have liked Ultra Instinct -Sign- if it didn't had come way too late, along with all these countless Saiyans transformations. If it had stopped at Super Saiyan 2, and then we got Ultra Instinct -Sign- now, the chances of it being my second favorite transformation would be 100%. Too bad this isn't the case, though. But eh, I think it at least deserves an honorable mention and to be put into the same category as False Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 4 (Xeno Goku), though I don't like it that much.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

zenkaigoose

Post by zenkaigoose » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:46 pm

Thats true SS4 Goku (Xeno) doesn't change clothes, i totally forgot about that. It just stays consistent. I really wish Super Saiyan three was relevant AND we get to see it in a non-super art style. I think with the Broly movie art-style Super Saiyan 3 would be amazing to see. I just couldn't get into the version in Battle of Gods/Super.

zenkaigoose

Post by zenkaigoose » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:48 pm

A bunch of those made the list, and looking back at this Top 10 i'm really proud of the improvements I've been making along the way. There's something about getting high quality DB clips, getting some nice music, and going through the best of the best. :lol: :D