"Yabanverse" | A worldbuilding project that's like DBZ meets Warhammer 40k

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

"Yabanverse" | A worldbuilding project that's like DBZ meets Warhammer 40k

Post by Yuli Ban » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:22 pm

January 2023 edit:

IT'S ALL CHANGED.
EVERYTHING.
Except not really, because just about every aspect still works.

But anyway, I decided to re-merge the Yabanverse with Dragon Ball after all. Yabans still exist, but they're no longer "Legally Not Saiyans." Rather, they ARE Saiyans. "Yaban" is just an alternative term for them in a way I'm still figuring out.

So...
This thing.

I've been on-off working on this project for several years now but only committed to it about a year ago, right as the pandemic really started.

It's not a comic or anything, more a webnovel/webserial.

After all that time doing things like coming up with characters and plots and lore and backstory, I figured "why not just write the damn thing?" The answer being that it was too fun worldbuilding and imagining things, but I have to actually start work on it some day.

So I made it my intention to start writing this thing, starting today in fact, and to start publishing it as a serial over on RoyalRoad and maybe some other sites starting March 16th. It's just a fun story I'm doing more as a hobby, not anything commercial, as you will obviously see.

The gist of the story is that an ultra-powerful monkey-tailed girl who goes by the name "Sol Yulaan" winds up in the possession of an eccentric man on Earth with various conditions, such as that she is not allowed to kill willy nilly and must respect the sovereignty of Earthlings. The man, a weird young lad named Vicente Xaxalpa, is already living an unusual life close to the periphery of the mainstream, being a murkily-legal underground doctor and self-professed lover of the unknown and mythological despite their fleeting existence. In his life skews a few different paths: one being a somewhat lightweight narco story due to him occasionally involving himself in a particular cartel's business due to his line of work (not that they're his only client; just his least legal) that's really just an excuse to get a use of grindhouse tropes; another being what I hesitate to call "a cast of characters from a kid's show" consisting of his younger cousin and his motley crew of friends that he often has to deal with; and the third being his personal rondo of friends.

Or to put it another way, a Thermonuclear Klingon appears on Earth. A shady, eccentric young man is forced to own her. Hijinks ensue.

If this sounds like the most bizarre set-up, I don't blame you. The surrealism of a Saiyajin suddenly getting involved in three otherwise mundane stories is part of the conceit of the overall story.

I'm mentioning it here on the Kanzenshuu fanworks subforum for what should be a very obvious reason.
But you see, that's also kinda the thing....

Courtesy of my friend, MeloncholyMango

This is NOT a Saiyan.

I mean she clearly is supposed to be one; that's the conceit of the story: "what if a real life Saiyajin came to Earth?" is literally the inciting question that led to this story years ago. And this is for a point.
Yulaan is not a Saiyan but of a suspiciously similar species known as "Yabans," who hail from another universe entirely. Indeed, this universe is downright loony compared to our own and hence why she operates along wholly different lines of physics than we do. But critically, even though she isn't a Saiyan, she winds up in a place where Saiyans do exist— in fiction.

So this isn't explicitly a "Dragon Ball" story. This is even a big reason why I didn't want to make it a straight fanfic several years ago too. This story is just so tonally different from Dragon Ball's "demented cocaine-fueled kung fu Looney Tunes" that it's all around better to just take it another way. There are no elements of Dragon Ball in this story outside of generic mythical kung fu/Buddhist/Taoist tropes that occasionally pop up. As a result it's iffy as to if this even qualifies as fanfiction, even though there's no court on Earth that'd let me get away with... well, scroll up.

This isn't anything like Multiverse or other fan series; though I do have a solid idea of where the story goes, it's ultimately a slice of life serial, for the most part (I'd call it a dramedy but you can call it a silly poo-poo goozoo gaga story) and structurally it's more of a short-story cycle that's more just me writing a self-insert fantasy about someone's Xenoverse waifu faffing about different stories with a Legally-Not-Saiyan badly jammed into them just to see what happens as well as having fun with examining different alien physiologies, psychologies, and cultures (when that time comes, I mean).
As a result, if you have any feedback or even ideas, just make them known.

And if this is the most boring story in years, that's fine too.

So here we are!

Or here?

I do wish to stress again that this is a newly-formed webnovel. Maybe in some distant future year when I can flash da cash or run a competent generative-adversarial network I can turn it into a webcomic, but outside of a few images I've commissioned, there's no visual component as of yet.
Last edited by Yuli Ban on Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: New Project: "Little Miss Savage"

Post by Yuli Ban » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:44 pm

Speaking of artwork others have made, I do have a few right now!

There are two pieces depicting the same scene, in fact the scene that originally "sold" me on the titular character a good while ago:

Both are NSFW! If you don't like blood, don't open!

One's from my friend MeloncholyMango again (in fact, the finished version of the one in the OP)
The other's from Salvamakoto
There's that classic image of her on Planet Gorta, having just slaughtered a fat human man and skinned him alive, removed a bunch of his limbs and deboned them, and is roasting his flesh. She's used his femur to carve a mini-scimitar and used some other bones to craft spears and knives, all the while she's feasting on his meaty, roasted leg. While doing these, she's in her resting-voltage, so her massive and wild hair's all spiked, but she has a caveman ponytail on top, now captured by a vertebra. Despite having some of it pulled, her hair still obscures her eyes. And she's wearing nothing but a primitive pelt, except this pelt is made out of the bloody skin of the man she's eating. So it's a human-skin pelt. Her monkey tail is waving a bit by her side behind her.

It's that scene of this ultra-feral-looking electric monkey girl wearing a still-bloody human-skin pelt gnawing a man's bloody leg in the middle of a jungle that basically sold me on the story.
Very grim stuff!
In fact, it's tonally distant from even Little Miss Savage, for the most part.
This is because there were originally three different stories, and the one that description's from is basically the ultraviolent prequel.
The Yabanverse

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Little Miss Savage" | A new webnovel/serial

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:37 am

Looks cool. Following.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:06 am

I like the concept and art! Keep up the good work :)!

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:34 pm

Skar wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:06 am I like the concept and art! Keep up the good work :)!
Kamiccolo9 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:37 am Looks cool. Following.

Thanks to both!

Speaking of art, I have a few rather unusual pieces to show off.

Here are some portraits of Yulaan (I've yet to get around to doing any other character)
The first two represent Yulaan at "Zero Voltage" and the third at "Resting Voltage." If you want an explanation, check this spoiler!
However, more importantly, note that none of these looks particularly "drawn." They look almost like photographs or surreal footage. They're not models either.

Crazy thing is, it cost me nothing to create them to boot.

This is probably the most interesting aspect of this whole project: the fact I get to create this story at the very dawn of the age of synthetic (or AI-generated) media: all three were created by an AI thanks to Artbreeder.
It's exciting because even two years ago, commissioning photorealistic portraits like this would've cost hundreds of dollars at least.

These aren't perfect at all. Yulaan's so extreme that I had to really fidget with the algorithm, and I couldn't really add some certain elements like the scars on her face (which you can see in the actual drawn images). And I tried getting her weird yellow/gold eyes, but that altered the image too much. The first image makes her look like a RealDoll because goddamn the algorithm REALLY needs visible eyes to work properly (the hair-hidden eyes even in her Resting Voltage is kind of a running joke; I didn't even bother with the third one because it was funky just trying to get Super Saiyan-esque hair like that in the first place).
But AI's always getting better, and I'll soon be able to generate even more on-point portraits of her and others in due time.
The Yabanverse

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:41 pm

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/41329 ... ians-act-2

Closing in on 15,000 words completed thus far.

The way I'll structure this over time means I'll probably split off later seasons into their own separate stories/series. If there's one thing I envy about things like DC and Marvel comics, it's that they can effortlessly shift from being aimed squarely at kids to aimed squarely at adults. I don't think this can have that same range, but various story ideas on the brain definitely aim for vastly different tones. Some feel more like a more PG-13 cartoon, like if old Cartoon Network/Nickelodeon shows didn't have to be so restricted by network standards but without the grossout surrealism of Adult Swim's fare that tries forcing how "grown-up and adult" they are in your face. Others go the route of grindhouse and far bloodier and more adult fare. And even more are just plain weird.

Speaking of Marvel & DC comics, one of the inciting ideas for this story came several years ago when I asked myself "What would realistically happen if a Saiyan actually came to Earth?" The default answer is always "See: Nappa's Best Day Ever" (Or Cell's Best Day Ever) but a showerthought from a few years back fell more in line with what I had in mind. It's an angle you rarely see, certainly never in most mainstream superhero stories. I know the webseries Worm played with it. But the cold fact is that the answer doesn't lie in anime or superhero movies, but rather things like religion and mythology.

Because honestly. If a Saiyan or a Krypton or a high-end metahuman or a demigod appeared on Earth right now and killed someone, what could we possibly do about it? Arrest them? They break out of their cuffs. Nuke them? They shrug off the blast. Even if their values are aligned with ours, their very existence is an existential threat. They don't have to do a damn thing; human irrationality alone will cause all the havoc needed.

The most unbelievable part of any superhero movie is that the world economy is still intact by the end of it
Civilization period, never mind "economy."

A civilization with superheroes/villains is alternately chaotic and tyrannical, and people would lose interest in making plans or playing by rules when they see it all repeatedly evaporate every time someone with a power gets an itch.

This is what people don't understand about ancient societies ruled by God-Kings and cunning warlords - they were not orderly. At all. People had no control, so they didn't plan and didn't follow rules - didn't even know they had the option.

All these franchise movies where people go about their business like everything is normal and then just make a passing reference to entire cities being annihilated by incomprehensible menaces are just embarrassing. The world would revert to the 10th century in 5 years tops, at a quarter of its former population.
And let's go even deeper: how the fuck is science still a thing?? Everything we've learned is all but proven false— Newton's Three Laws and Einstein's various proofs clearly mean nothing in a world where these superbeings possess enough power to move faster than time, can punch planets off their orbits, or are wholly composed of nonbiological material that allows them to do utterly fantastical things. Not to mention that the existence of aliens, mutants, and interdimensional beings capable of rendering our world a neat little pile of rubble floating in space is too much for us to handle psychologically. Superheroes and supervillains need only be to cause havoc on the world. Societal order is already breaking down before any single one of them has thrown a punch or used their powers.
Yup. Most people would revert to desperate superstition and cultism because they have nothing else to rely on - a situation the villains would encourage, and build cults around themselves. The few willing and able to probe the physical nature of the "powers" would be massacred, or enslaved by the powers they study to develop weapons against their enemies.

Superman doesn't have time to be a laboratory security guard and ethical watchdog to ensure they're not just being forced to build weapons against himself.

Instant reversion to the Dark Ages.
Yulaan being on the down-low has nothing to do with protecting loved ones. She doesn't even have loved ones on our world, and god only knows if a Yaban can love at all! Heaven forfend the day someone more willing to exploit superhumanity and human irrationality appears on Earth. At least for now, Yulaan's the only one. Either that's comforting or terrifying.
The Yabanverse

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Yabanverse" | A new webnovel/serial

Post by Yuli Ban » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:52 pm

Gonna revamp the whole thing. I'll archive the story as it is now, but I wanted to start it off stronger.

Plus, there are three stories to work with so I wanted to create a general thread for them rather than separate the threads:
  • Little Miss Savage (slice of life dramedy set on our Earth)
  • Strongest Under Heaven (somewhat laid-back martial arts fantasy set on fantasy Earth)
  • The Savages (potentially being renamed to Demonoids) (far more morally ambiguous martial arts science-fantasy)
Anyway, I've been getting a lot of art commissioned just to give this a more visual flair. As the Yabanverse isn't child-friendly, I can't post every single image here, and admittedly it's completely silly on a societal level that this is the case because apparently the female nipple is a Satanic force of massive evil even when not in sexual situations, but alas.

"Yabans"
Drawn by Valeria Bossa
Last edited by Yuli Ban on Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Yabanverse

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:02 pm

This one comes from Salvamakoto and is the first scene proper in Little Miss Savage, when Vicente Xaxalpa pulls the child-sized Sol Yulaan out of a duffel bag at a vet's office. I'd go so far as to say this is the scene that incited Little Miss Savage as a whole. This and one other one I haven't commissioned.

Because when you get a pet monkey, the first thing you do is bring it to the vet
The Yabanverse

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:25 pm

Sol Yulaan sprite by hidorE
The Yabanverse

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:29 pm

Yulaan at Jóhanna's office
The Yabanverse

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:39 pm

Sol Yulaan and Chale Xaxalpa Jr., drawn by Salvamakoto
Very early on in the story, we have Sol Yulaan meet Chale. The first time they meet, it's at this tire shop run by Chale's uncle Julio.

Yulaan quietly adores the machismo of the scene, with the men working and one young guy swooning over his girl dropping by, as it reminds her of life with bollois (i.e. female Yabans) back on Kollidor. She had even appropriated her bolyaga (laborer/fighter uniform) into something like a metalhead get-up which makes the scene feel even more nostalgic for her.

While there, she spots this girly-haired boy there who notices her in turn, and he thinks she's a Dragon Ball Z cosplayer at first. Indeed the whole reason she keeps her tail out is because she realized early that Earthlings in certain places are so jaded by the fictional and LARPing that they automatically assume that fantastical beasts walking around are just people dressed up, so she exploits the opportunity.

Little does anyone realize that she's about as close to a real life Saiyajin as possible.
The Yabanverse

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:28 pm

The slice of life-looking stuff is for Little Miss Savage

Kung fu stuff like this belongs to Strongest Under Heaven
Art by societyliver69
A kung fu standoff between Sol Yulaan and Wushenshashou (无神杀手, lit. "Godless Killing Hand") in a battle to the death. Godless is the prime fighter for the Dongfang Bubai-like decadent and genderbending martial prodigy Yüce Bey Serhan.

And here's where we run into society's crippling fear of the female nipple for the first time. There's another angle of this, but I can't post it here without breaking site rules, so you just have to follow this link if you want to see it:
https://www.deviantart.com/yuli-ban/art ... -891376614
The tamest of NSFWs you'll probably see all week
The Yabanverse

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:43 pm

This might actually be The Savages/Demonoid, as my plan for the first arc of that story was to go over everything that happened before the start of Little Miss Savage

Drawn by Ishida1694

A young Sol Yulaan on Angel Planet, the wandering moon. Inspired by Sonic CD and Studiopolis Zone

So A E S T H E T I C
The Yabanverse

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:42 pm

More artwork! All as part of Little Miss Savage.

Yulaan in a red qipao at a place called St. Richelieu Catholic School
This wuxia monkey mingling in a modern Middle American school is part of the fun of the scene, especially since no one even thinks she is what she is. You can probably thank furries for that.

Jimmy King, sensei of the King Fist Elite Dojo. For the low low price of $999 per semester, you too can master your chi and become a martial arts GOD with Jimmy King, a 13-dan black belt and Gulf War veteran who used his special King Killer Touch Punch to defeat the legendary karate master Hayato Mashima at a secret martial artist tournament back in 1996. Sure, his dojo is located across from a Wendy's, but in doubting him, you've cast the first stone of your own defeat! After all, remember that the true Holy Grail was the most unassuming one! Also, if you want to advance up the ranks, be like this 11-year-old 10-dan black belt and buy King's special DVD course where he remotely teaches you how to create balls of chi to defeat your enemies at a distance! Just like in Japanese animation!!

Jimmy King is a bullshido practitioner. You know, the kinds who run McDojos that have Pay-To-Advance martial arts where you either never learn how to throw a punch or your instructor just beats you up and gropes your little sister all day. And they always talk about ki and one-inch punches and secret martial artist tournaments and teaching you kung fu... despite only knowing taekwondo.

Also, here's a real-life space-monkey girl throwing a Hadōken Seidōken blast after cultivating qigong

Wonder what'll happen when she meets Jimmy King. She'd better watch out, because if she accidentally proves qi is a thing, she'll actually embolden every McDojo master the world over and make anime fans loose their splooge thinking Dragon Ball Z is actually possible in this universe. And she knows that.
The Yabanverse

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:47 pm

To cover for myself while I put off rewriting the first bunch of chapters, I will now expand on some of these characters, these legally-gray Offbrand Saiyajins:

Art by Valeria Bossa for all three

HQ commission of an adult Sol Yulaan, a female Yaban ("bolloi").

Yulaan is a barbarian and martial artist, as well as a member of the macho/frattish "Vroda" subculture. After her actions on Planet Gorta, she was sent to the Earth of another, much weaker universe as punishment, though after reorienting her morals, she's allowed back to her home universe for missions and martial training.

I like to think of Yulaan as a fairly laid-back type in a more slice of life setting, though "laid-back" is relative; she's still an austere, Spartan-like warrior who'd rather sleep on the bare floor; basically I'm just saying she isn't a grumpy fem-Vegeta. As a docile Yaban, she can handle herself around humans without going into an insane bloodlust, though she's absolutely a wolf-type personality— dominant, independent, and fiercely dedicated. And as she interacts with humans more, she develops something resembling compassion. And her main role in Little Miss Savage is to play the catharsis role.
The problem is that she's a Yaban, a race designed specifically for war and ruination. Whatever dominance she has is rivaled by brutality and mercilessness, and her dedication stems directly from a nexcidious lust for battle and proving herself to herself. She's a villainous protagonist at worst, an ancient Greek-style "warrior hero" at best. Not at all a lovable Goku-type character. But that works for a SoL dramedy story like Little Miss Savage. Even when it gets into its sentimental fluffy side, it's not a kid's story like Dragon Ball, so it'd actually be better if she wasn't "Goku" or "Vegeta."

In Strongest Under Heaven, she's basically a fem-Kenshiro/not-evil-Toguro character. Stupendously physical and power-based martial artist.

Ral Gungarus, a male Yaban ("nagoi").

Gungarus is a warrior classic, involved in many battles in the Yeren War Machine before following Yulaan to Earth. He's mostly there as a foil for another character I haven't mentioned, as well as to be the token male warrior character. The spirit of the age isn't with him, unfortunately; he'd have been a fine protagonist in the 1980s or 1990s. Heck, his armor and appearance is based on Billy 'Big Bang' Blitz and Chris Cornell; pure late 80s/early 90s boyishness.

Gungarus, I have the least to say about because you can pretty much assume the most about him without any caveats: he's a Yaban warrior guy. At least Yulaan is a Baphomic female character, whereas Basra...

Basra Reika, a gamale Yaban ("yenoi"). Because humans do not have a consistent third sex, I'm defaulting to use "xe" and "xir" as pronouns, as xe is hermaphroditic and not male or female. I guess xe's super-enby? As clarification, enbies are nonbinary in gender; Basra and yenois like xir are nonbinary in sex. Humans do have intersex people, but it's not consistent at all and there's no definitive third sex that isn't an attempt to define genderqueer people; in other words, we don't have gamales (or at least they're extremely rare).

Basra's like a white mage more than anything. White battlemage? Xe's a healer with ample combat training, is my point. Would be weird if xe couldn't fight!

Fun story about why I even have gamales— it runs much deeper than "I wanted genderqueer monkeys." I was playing with the Fascist Paradox, which goes that fascists/social traditionalists want traditional gender roles but also glorify war, and war in the modern industrial age makes it impossible to hold traditional gender roles because if the males are all off fighting in war (as they must be), you NEED the females to work in the factories, but traditionalist societies hate the idea of women working in factories, but you can't let able-bodied men work in the factories because they'd be better served in the military fighting wars (and obviously you wouldn't let sick and feeble men work in the factories), and thus you run into this paradox.

Yabans being vicious war-obsessed space monkeys clearly aping the Saiyans (pun partially intended), I wondered how I could have them be a total war-society without the females being domestic mothers if they're also warriors. Making matters 50x harder was that I decided to run with the lore that Saiyans are largely aromantic and don't care for sex like humans do, to its logical extreme of making the species aro-ace as a physiological default, with its females (bollois, as aforementioned) also being estrous rather than menstrual, then with the cherry on top being that Yabans don't feel sexual pleasure and barely feel sexual urges either, to all but kill any canonical potential for romance or sexuality among them and maximize their role as Ork-like hypermasculine death machines who are sufficiently alien to Humans.
So how do they make babies? Clearly nagois and bollois have to shag at least SOME time, no matter how difficult it may be to get them to do it. But that's not going to create floods of murder-monkes. Why not create a third sex that reproduces at least somewhat asexually (literal asexual people)? Smash gender roles by playing them straight, except curved.
The Yabanverse

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:01 pm

Gungarus and his friend, Zedakor
Raiding a starship
Silver chrome sci-fi armor, red headband, flaming red hair, just the names themselves
A scene perfect for cheesy 80s metal
Here, this is perfect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TkNvD8h2zw

My love for cheesy, hypermasculine boyish 80s movies and video games are a big influence on Yabans. Gosamyrized Yabans (to be seen in the future) even moreso; those are basically just Saiyans.

Like, you think Yabans are already Legally-Not-Saiyans? Gosamyrized Yabans are just too close (Ah, crap, I've got to commission art of Gosamyrs too)
Because what were the Saiyajin but taking 80s glam/goth/punk hair + samurai/Mad Max armor + 80s aerobics/fitness freak/jazzercise clothes and sticking a monkey tail on their bums?

This was drawn by Ishida1694, whose artstyle is perfect for 80s worship
The Yabanverse

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:55 pm

Some manga panels I commissioned

Drawn by Seacar

"You know better than anyone, Yulaan— the heart of fascism is the death worship of war. Warriors are the high priests, and battle is the holy sacrament, blessed in blood unto soil. ”

That's the thing about all these "proud warrior societies." Saiyans, Klingons, Orks, Mandalorians, Spartans, whathaveyou... any society rooted in war and combat is inherently fascistic— even if not intended.

Girl on the left is a Pseudo-Saiyajin; guy on the right is a Francoist-sympathizer

If anyone knows what classical fascism is supposed to be, it’s them
The Yabanverse

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:58 pm

Drawn by shiredora

Yulaan is practicing martial arts when she and Gideon Crowley get into a conversation about human evil and nexcidium (definition: impulsive action and lust, especially for destruction and combat)

Gideon notes that humans aren't actually as wretched as our misanthropic memes and cynics say we are, that it's more social commentary than objective reality. Humans may be violent and paranoid apes, but we're also empathic apes. We don't destroy just for the sake of it, like Yabans. As noted by Yulaan— an actual Yaban— even humanity's most brutal regimes were not nexcidious. After all, if the Nazis were nexcidious, why did Goebbels have a job? Why would the Germans need to be such an overwhelming propaganda machine in order to be convinced and lied to just to reluctantly go to war and commit genocide if such ultraviolence comes to us so naturally? Profit motives are not nexcidium either. Nexcidium is the realm of orcs and cartoonish violence. The idea of waging war for its own sake is an alien concept for humans. Thus it's not easy for us to imagine nexcidious behavior.

But wait a second. If you detach the requirement for nexcidium to be based on aggression and simply define it as uncontrollable impulse, isn't the human sex drive just like it? Do humans have sexual nexcidium? Or is it just not the same?
The Yabanverse

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:01 pm

Sol Yulaan and Galgir Ghojin, two bollois, take a stroll down the ever-seedy Sasha Street, encountering a prostitute on their way to meet someone.

Sasha Street has never recovered from the Maddox Depression, making an already slummy place rival 1970s Times Square/Hell's Kitchen in its descent to debauchery, poverty, and primal human lust.

Yulaan wishes to meet with Silvio Sabatini, aka "Floyd the Barber," an explosively misogynistic and womanizing middle aged officemonkey whose whole genderpolitik is thrown askew by the very existence of bollois. He used to crave Yulaan's body, and still does to an extent. Before he knew what she was, he wanted to see her sway and swing and fall backwards— and knowing she as a woman would made him want to slit her throat and taxidermy her head as another example of whoredom.

Knowing now that she's a bolloi and coming to terms with the fact he's interacting with a nonhuman from another universe, he's left shook and constantly holds her and her friend Ghojin up to absurd standards that they nevertheless keep well, where a slip into femininity or sexuality for even a moment would cause him to throw himself at them in savage lust. For example, he obsesses himself over menstruation as a particularly wicked thing and freaks out when a battle-scarred Yulaan appears stained in blood along her crotch, joking that she's "finally having one of those cycles like a human" (which in truth is physiologically impossible for bollois to have).

His mama, Clara Sabatini, made his own misogyny look cute, as she used to preach and scream about the Satanic evils of women and femininity for hours every afternoon in his childhood, instilling in him a mortal suspicion of women as supposed emissaries of the fiery man below. But the late Clara, the first-generation daughter of profoundly Catholic immigrants, would never have thought females like bollois existed...

Bollois, who seem and behave almost like the very antithesis of women, do not fit in the worldview of ultra-misogynists like Sabatini, and this is the height of frustration. He doesn't want to deal with bollois; he wants to swing with Yaban women.

Silvio Sabatini is inspired directly by Ed Gein. Similar deal with their respective mothers— Clara (named after Clara Petacci) is blatantly just Augusta Gein. Because bollois are designed almost specifically as "antiwomen" (at least by traditional patriarchal expectations), I wanted to see how types like the Geins would handle them. Truth be told, after the initial turmoil, they'd easily fit bollois into existing boxes.

Sasha Street is inspired by 1970s New York, especially Times Square, Hell's Kitchen, and the Bronx. There's a reason hip hop, punk rock, and heavy metal found such comfy homes here. The place was like Saints Row in real life: obsessed with sex and overcome by violence. Just really raw, an American Weimar.
The Yabanverse

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:04 pm

The previous three were part of Little Miss Savage

This one's part of Demonoids/The Savages

A ten-year-old Yulaan, on the eve of her invasion of Planet Gorta
She's currently a guest of honor at Double-Captain Yigis's banquet hall at a tournament. A random passerby, likely on his way to have his way with unwilling maidens, happens to drunkenly stumble near her. Yulaan, being a Demonoid of untamed violence, instinctively grabs his arm, rips it off, and beats him to death with it, and then walks away gnawing on it.

She ripped the guy's arm off more by accident, though. She wasn't thinking. It was just a spontaneous act of ultraviolence, as comes naturally to Yabans (especially young Yabans). People were scared of her. Double-Captain Yigis clearly regarded her differently from the other females. Most do on Naraka since they're aware of Yabans and bollois.

The guest is a blatant expy of Gokumonki from Yu Yu Hakusho, but in context, he is an Abolian from Planet Naraka, much like the titan-lord Double-Captain Yigis himself.

Planet Naraka is the Douche Age on steroids, if those steroids were also on steroids. Every hypermasculine, hypersexualized, hyperdumbass impulse of 1997-2005 XXX-treme edgelord fratboy kvltvr thrives on Naraka. It's a planet of Tony Hawk and Fred Durst, Slipknot and Chaos! Comics, Riddick and Thrill Kill, Spawn and Insane Clown Posse, mall goths and space marines, import car street racing and psychosploitation, dumbass sex comedies and bad CGI, basically the ending of the old Jet Li movie The One as a world. And it's home to the Abolian race, who aren't as violent as Yabans but are still an aggressive, militaristic species. Males are either muscly mildew orcs or svelte Marilyn Mansonoid androgynes. Females are for breeding and looking sexy, even when badass.

And Double-Captain Yigis is a decadent one who runs a "fuckpit." If you've ever seen Deathstalker, you're familiar with Munkar's banquet room: hypermasculine libertine debauchery unleashed.
Yulaan, being a Yaban, is only there for the combat and feasting, but the Abolians will have their own fun.
The Yabanverse