Isolating voices on mono track

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Spadexxione

Isolating voices on mono track

Post by Spadexxione » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:47 am

Hello, I'm trying to make an edited version of DBZ's italian dub and fix some lines and remove others. Sadly the audio tracks are mono so I can't use the methods that work on the 5.1 audio of the english edition. Any suggestions on how should I isolate the voices?
Thanks for the help.

Jack Bz
Regular

Re: Isolating voices on mono track

Post by Jack Bz » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:30 pm

Have you tried a free AI-based isolation tool like this this, or this?

Only other thing I can think of is phase inverting the soundtrack that plays in those scenes and combining it with the audio of the show, which would in theory cancel out everything but the sound FX and vocals. In practice it will probably be a lot messier.

Not sure there are any sure fire solutions to this, but I'd try these out.

Spadexxione

Re: Isolating voices on mono track

Post by Spadexxione » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:52 pm

Thank you for your help, indeed I tried about using the ai method some time ago and it had pretty good results, I think I'll go with that even if most websites have the limitation of 10 minutes per clip. Sadly the soundtrack is a little bit different quality wise so phase inverting doesn't work. Our dub has an awful lot of the narrator talking in the middle of the episodes in the scenes with less action to explain what's going on. I think it was made for kids and when I was a child I loved it, but he really just explains the obvious. Anyway thanks for the tips and have a good day :D