Universe 6 VS Universe 7 (Movie Edit)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Universe 6 VS Universe 7 (Movie Edit)

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:26 am

This is something that I've been wanting to make for a while but never really got around to it until recently. I've made a movie edit of the Champa arc. Excluding the opening and credits, I've cut it down to 2 hours and 45 minutes. The arc was 14 episodes long.

I've cut out unnecessary scenes like long stare downs, too many character reactions, segments that don't really add much to the overall film etc. Episodes 30 and 31 were removed entirely as they added almost nothing to the actual story, as enjoyable as episode 31 was.

It's English dub only as that was the only way I could remove the original soundtrack. The Japanese audio is in 2.0 which makes it damn near impossible to cut out the music.

The music is replaced with Sumitomo's catalogue from his debut in Battle of Gods all the way up to his recent work in Super: Broly.

Here's a preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdZy7QBfQ0M

I would love to hear some feedback. I might even edit the Future Trunks arc at some point.

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Universe 6 VS Universe 7 (Movie Edit)

Post by TheAldella » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:04 am

I really like what you've done here, but I think you should lower the first track used just a hair. It's not that comfortable volume-wise next to the dialogue.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.