Dragon Ball AF Continuation (UnrealEntGaming)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Dragon Ball AF Continuation (UnrealEntGaming)

Post by jamiljamtheman » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:15 pm

Hey all! As some of you can already tell by my previous posts, I am subscribed to UnrealEntGaming on YouTube and I am a fan of his fan-manga that he uploads there.

A couple of weeks ago, his channel started making chapters that follow up Toyble’s Dragon Ball AF! The story picks up where chapter 4 left off, it doesn’t account for the ch5 draft.

So far there’s been 4 chapters, here’s the first one: https://youtu.be/YFFbl8yrS5U

I’m gonna start putting mini reviews/synopses starting from today’s video, which was chapter 4. I hope some of you want to follow along with me! :)

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball AF Continuation (UnrealEntGaming)

Post by jamiljamtheman » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:25 pm

As a general review of the manga so far, it feels pretty similar to Unreal’s other manga. My main criticism of it is that it tends to be monologue-heavy. Some text boxes are comically full. And for this manga specifically, I think Xicor is cool but I don’t find much unique about his personality or character (so far). I don’t remember how he was in Toybles original manga, it’s been so long.

Now, for this continuation’s fourth chapter:

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:49 am

Nice! Is there a "normal" non-youtube version of it?
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Post by jamiljamtheman » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:57 pm

Trouser wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:49 am Nice! Is there a "normal" non-youtube version of it?
I don’t think so, because Unreal creates this and other manga specifically for narration on the channel. Personally, I have a hunch that this is why it tends to have chunky text boxes. I can say from experience it’s not too bad following along chapter-by-chapter though, since they are relatively short. There’s minutes of video fluff at the beginning and end of each video that can be skipped.

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Post by jamiljamtheman » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:26 am

Now that the DBS chapter has come out, and Unreal’s content is shifting back to more fan manga chapters (until the next batch of DBS chapter spoilers come out, of course), a new chapter of AF is out!
I’ll be back to post when the next chapter/video is out!

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Post by jamiljamtheman » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:56 am

Alright so it’s been a while, but I’ve finally caught up with the past several chapters of this manga (2x playback speed + the pause button and muted volume helped!).

The Z fighters can’t take Xicor, so Pikkon distracted him while Gohan and the others did some ritual with the dragon balls to bring Goku back from the dragon realm. Goku has a wonderfully melodramatic exit from the dragon realm as he heads to earth.

And now Goku and Xicor are fighting! This is so cool to me because we finally are seeing them clash in a manga, with written dialogue and interaction. It’s not great dialogue, but it’s serviceable. Goku is also ridiculously stronger than everyone except Xicor, which is expected. He hasn’t gone SS5 yet, but the last chapter ended with Xicor transforming so it’s only a matter of time.