Youtube removals (Need Help)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jackdaslayer

Youtube removals (Need Help)

Post by Jackdaslayer » Thu May 27, 2021 7:26 am

HIya. I'm Jackdaslayer on youtube and am known for creating the "Dragon Ball Z : Invasion Of Tradick" movie.
So this morning I got a notification from youtube saying "Content removed by TOEI ANIMATION CO.,LTD."

I have had my first movie removed before but by a random company and eventually it was restored.
This is by what looks by Toei themselves, though I've researched into this and noticed there is a "fake Toei" going around, removing content as youtube doesn't seem to care.

This movie is 100% animated by me, no tracing or using clips from the show etc.

Can anyone help me out? Is this the real Toei? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Lewis

Alruneia
I Live Here

Re: Youtube removals (Need Help)

Post by Alruneia » Thu May 27, 2021 6:37 pm

Unfortunately I don't think there's very many of us here who can actually help much. It seems to me that you're getting LatinAutor'd (i.e falsely copyright claimed) though. Dispute what you can. The DBSHype twitter account recently talked about the same thing happening to other channels, so at the very least, you're not alone in the situation and it's a known impersonation scam.
Considering this and the fake Shueisha stuff earlier in the year, I'm starting to think that these huge tech companies' approach to copyright may be just a liiiiiittle bit busted and easily exploitable.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Youtube removals (Need Help)

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu May 27, 2021 7:12 pm

Reminds me of the Shueisha scam from a few months ago.