What if Piccolo Was Raised by The Z Fighters? (Video)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CityracerGaming

What if Piccolo Was Raised by The Z Fighters? (Video)

Post by CityracerGaming » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:58 am

I'm trying out Dragon Ball What ifs. My style is very narrative focused. Part one has two versions; one using TTS and the other using my voice. It would be very helpful if you tell me which you prefer. Note that I made mistake with the edits to my voice and it would sound somewhat better better in part two

My voice: https://youtu.be/ZMO1cx6mpQg

TTS: https://youtu.be/qRnVxXfIgS8

Edit:
Temporary Home: https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/585687514
Last edited by CityracerGaming on Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: What if Piccolo Was Raised by The Z Fighters? (Video)

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:50 pm

CityracerGaming wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:58 am Note that I made mistake with the edits to my voice and it would sound somewhat better better in part two
May I please hear your voice without any edits at all? I'm someone that does Let's Plays and audio editing for a hobby, so I'd like to know what the baseline is.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:02 pm

The text to speech is a lot clearer and a lot better quality; It actually sounds surprisingly natural. I find it quite difficult sometimes to understand what your own voice is saying. I think I'd generally avoid using your own voice unless you are willing to invest in a better audio set up.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:36 pm

Jack Bz wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:02 pm The text to speech is a lot clearer and a lot better quality; It actually sounds surprisingly natural. I find it quite difficult sometimes to understand what your own voice is saying. I think I'd generally avoid using your own voice unless you are willing to invest in a better audio set up.
But see, how much of that is due to whatever edits he's doing to his own voice? Stuff like that's a surprisingly common pitfall, for up-and-coming content producers
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

CityracerGaming

Post by CityracerGaming » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:23 am

Fionordequester wrote:
May I please hear your voice without any edits at all? I'm someone that does Let's Plays and audio editing for a hobby, so I'd like to know what the baseline is.
I have clip and I'll link both an edited and unedited version: https://sndup.net/6xdb
https://sndup.net/4cjj
Jack Bz wrote:
The text to speech is a lot clearer and a lot better quality; It actually sounds surprisingly natural. I find it quite difficult sometimes to understand what your own voice is saying. I think I'd generally avoid using your own voice unless you are willing to invest in a better audio set up.
Fionordequester wrote:
But see, how much of that is due to whatever edits he's doing to his own voice? Stuff like that's a surprisingly common pitfall, for up-and-coming content producers
I will admit that my editing isn't very good. However, much of my audio issue has more to do with my disabilities. I have weak muscles throughout my body, including my face and lungs. This has a huge impact on my voice's intelligibility.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:36 am

I can relate. I have good speaking and diction now, but I needed speech therapy when I was younger. Might be a good thing to invest in at some point, as I actually do prefer the sound of your voice to the TTS, and your intonations are more lively—but you're right in that your speech isn't the clearest thing in the world.

Speaking of which...am I correct in assuming you're using Equalizer on your voice?

korsten
Banned Alternate Account

Post by korsten » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:11 pm

What happened to your channel? It's been removed entirely.

CityracerGaming

Post by CityracerGaming » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:46 pm

korsten wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:11 pm What happened to your channel? It's been removed entirely.
Copyright Claims against videos that should qualify as fair use. I'm currently fighting it.